Traumaville

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by OrangeDitka, Oct 15, 2008.

1. OrangeDitka

OrangeDitka Ancient

Hey guys, this is my first map on ForgeHub, hope you enjoy it. It's meant for classic Halo-style game play with an emphasis on teamwork. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Traumaville
    Recommended Gametypes:

• Slayer
    • Team Slayer
    • CTF
    • Oddball
    • Assault
    • SWAT
    Weapons on Map:

• 1 Rocket Launcher
    • 1 Spartan Laser
    • 1 Shotgun
    • 1 Energy Sword
    • 1 Flamethrower
    • 1 Gravity Hammer
    • 1 Brute Shot
    • 1 Sniper Rifle
    • 1 Plasma Rifle
    • 2 Assault Rifles
    • 2 Needlers
    • 2 Magnums
    • 2 Spikers
    • 2 Plasma Pistols
    • 3 SMGs
    • 3 Carbines
    • 4 Battle Rifles
    Equipment on Map:

• Overshield
    • Camo
    • Power Drainer
    • Regenerator
    • Bubble Shield
    • All Grenade Types
    The map utilizes the entirety of Foundry, having both open and close quarter areas. The defining feature of the map is a three level base with roof access and a teleporter on the ground level that gives access to an otherwise inaccessible rocket launcher.
    [​IMG]

A wall separates the base from the rest of the map, with multiple routes over and around it.
    [​IMG]

In objective based games, the attacking team starts on the 01 side, having access to multiple routes along the way.
    [​IMG]

The back hallway is now open (older picture), giving attackers another route to the base through the 02 side.
    [​IMG]

This is on the defenders' side of the wall, which shows the rocket room, and access to higher ground.
    [​IMG]

Note that some of these pictures are older, the map layout is basically the same, but small changes have been made to help the map flow better. Comments and suggestions are welcome, I haven't been able to test this map with a lot of people as most people on my friends list have moved on from Halo. I'm down for some custom games, hit me up on Xbox Live, gamertag OrangeDitka.

2. deathangle

deathangle Ancient

your a good map desinger but if u used interlocing and start saving u could make alot better maps. just check out the forge technies page.

3. HWC ozzie

HWC ozzie Ancient

This map looks really good in my opinion. Its really a good ol' fashion like Halo Map. I enjoy it, I could care less if its not interlocked. Interlocking has absolutely nothing to do with gameplay. Its just eye pleasing, and I've been wanting to see maps like this with good gameplay for quite some time. Theres something people dont realize, if we just judge everything by appearance and not whats on the inside, what good is that going to do? Absolutely nothing is the correct answer. If we don't see things on the inside besides on the outside, we are nothing. Good job making this amazing map man. I will download it.

4. IrishBeast

IrishBeast Ancient

You know I like this. I like the layout in the second and last picture! It looks clean even without major interlocking! The power weapons look very nicely balanced and evenly spread throughout your map. Now since you have the idea and the skill of making a good layout, you should look up on the forging 101 techniques! These will show you how to put all the things you have already(no lie), and put them into a smoother and somewhat nicer looking map! Hope to see more from you, very nice map!

5. i_support_elites

sweet map dude! it looks like a different version of foundry, like bungie might have made it. awesome.

6. Love Slice

Love Slice Ancient

Actually it does have an affect on gameplay. It's hard to BR someone when everytime you walk from one box to another you bounce.

The layout on this map looks pretty sweet. But I definitely suggest a v2 with everything interlocked.

7. OrangeDitka

OrangeDitka Ancient

Thanks for the replies so far. As for the interlocking deal, I might get around to making another version somewhere down the line, but with school and work that could take me a while.

While playing the map there aren't too many spots where you bounce up or down, but if I get a chance I'll work on fixing them. Again, thanks for checking it out.