Transition v2

Discussion in 'Reach Aesthetic Maps' started by Grif otaged, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Grif otaged

Grif otaged Forerunner

The original Transition map was released like last year in a map pack i created. I went back and re-edited most of the map. updated it with newer and better designs,smoother, and less z fighting. Although I pretty much reached the money limit, I got most of the map completed.

I apologize for a slideshow in the video but, hey it works right.
    YouTube - Transition V2

It's mainly for machinima purpose but it does have the invasion phase 1 and 2 set up objectives. all you gotta do is place the core spawn and then the core capture plate.

The first version of Transition below. skip to 3:46.
    YouTube - Halo reach map pack
    This video was a map pack i made while ago.
    Notice the major changes to the first area, as i stated I improved the map Alot!

And if you were a fan of my Nexus Base map, then you will be glad to hear that I am editing that as well.

Please comment below!

#1 Grif otaged, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  2. Ratheld

Ratheld Forerunner

One thing i really dontlike about your forge style is all the prefab buildings. go back and make buildings instead.

3. Grif otaged

Grif otaged Forerunner

@Ratheld. I'm not sure i know what you mean. If you refer to the 3 story buildings then Well I see were your coming from, but creating a entire building (that looks good to) can cost a certain amount of budget. that amount of budget could be used to add more design to the overall map. I made many changes to this version of the map. but I don't think you actual downloaded and played this map. Its a large map.

At the very begging of this map ( Version 1 )

I wanted it to be setup for invasion. After releasing it. I finally decided to test it. The map was horrible for invasion. Months later after making more large scale maps people have recommended that I remake or Improve upon my designs. So I am now re-editing some my old maps but still keeping there original idea intact.

Whats with the new V2?

Well V1 didn't have the best Aesthetics. Careless placed items, rocks Jutting out from the floor, lots of z fighting, and a few other things. It's main focus now was for Machinima directors to use.

V2 has been updated with a more fresh Aesthetic design, more architecture in other words. I left the original Invasion items except the Core spawn and core capture area.

The kill barrier and safe zone was edited a tad as well. I do appreciate feedback through. Ill get a old video of V1 to edit in to the post too.

#3 Grif otaged, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  4. Ratheld

Ratheld Forerunner

Okay but I was also referring to the tower talls. Most people look for a great amount of effort put into a map and would prefer a smaller map with more effort than a big one with less effort. I like what you did with Nexus base v.2 and the base itself was good enough to forget about the tower 3 stories but on this map the Pre-fab structures stick out like a sore thumb.

5. Grif otaged

Grif otaged Forerunner

What tower talls? The only prefab buildings are the 3 story buildings.

6. Ratheld

Ratheld Forerunner

Oops my bad! I don't know what I meant but probably the tower 3 stories. Good luck...

7. Hamwinkie

Hamwinkie Forerunner

The videos are down.