Sandbox Transit V2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by MasterM 500, Jun 15, 2009.

1. MasterM 500

MasterM 500 Ancient

[​IMG]
    ^Click Picture For Download^
    *Update: outdoor base's walls straightened and purple light added on top of tunnel*
    In this massive, ancient structure the enemy is just a ride away.

Transit V2 is the new and improved version of my old map, Transit. The original was done at a time when my forging skills were quite lackluster, so I came back and cleaned things up and here is the result. Transit is capable of all gametypes and can support a large amount of players. Some of the map is interlocked while some of the original pieces haven't been moved. I only fixed what was necessary to the gameplay.

Transit contains two large, opposing bases that are connected in many ways. The most apparent way is the enormous tunnel that spans the entire map, connecting the two bases together. This tunnel contains two floors and is used to rapidly get you to the other side. Each base has a mongoose that is caged in and used only to travel, instead of for battle. One base can only travel the lower route and the other can only travel across the upper tunnel. This creates a unique twist in gameplay that affects every gametype.

Also connecting the two bases, 3 halls containing their own power weapon are in between. One hall contains Sniper Rifle, one Rocket Laucher, and one Shotgun. Each hall has small pieces of cover placed inside of them and makes the fight for the power weapons a shoot out. While the random walls may seem like a simple idea, it works well for the gameplay. (Note: This map is easily escapable, but play how it is meant to be and you won't have a problem.)

Transit contains the following...

Weapons:
    Battle Riflex4 (30s)
    Covenant Carbinex4 (30s)
    Needlerx2 (45s)
    Brute Shotx2 (60s)
    Sniper Riflex1 (90s)
    Rocket Laucherx1 (120s)
    Shotgunx1 (60s)
    Plasma Grenadex4 (10s)

Vehicles:
    Mongoosex2 (10s)

Now time for some pictures!
    (Note: Not shown are some pieces of cover and carbines I later added.)
    [​IMG]
    The map Shown without the cartoon effect. More cover has been added in the halls recently.
    [​IMG]
    Making the journey from base to base via the upper tunnel.
    [​IMG]
    The indoor base. It contains 2 Battle Rifles, a needler, and a brute shot. 2 carbines can be found right outside. Also, you can see where the mongoose enters the lower tunnel
    [​IMG]
    Outdoor base. Contains the exact same weapons as the other base.
    [​IMG]
    A look at the tunnel that links these two bases.
    [​IMG]
    Shotgun Hall. The Shotgun rests behind the arches on the platform.
    [​IMG]
    Rocket Hall(which now contains more cover). The Rocket Launcher is inside of the wedges.
    [​IMG]
    Sniper Hall. As you can see, the Sniper lies underneath the fin structure.
    [​IMG]
    Stuck!
    [​IMG]
    Shotgun secured!
    [​IMG]
    A mighty leap from out of the rocket pen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Taking him with me!
    [​IMG]
    The outdoor base has a vantage point with its small tower. The player is jumping off of it.
    [​IMG]
    Save some for me!
    [​IMG]
    Waiting for you....

Okay, I think thats plenty of pictures for you. Now get to downloading and playing Transit and enjoy yourself! Give me some feedback when you play it. Whether it is negative or positive, I'm open to anything, but please actually play on it before making too many assumptions. Alright, have fun!

#1 MasterM 500, Jun 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  2. Crazed Pixel

Crazed Pixel Ancient

nice, i like the idea, gettin the download now. seems like some fun gameplay there. it's a shame aboutIt being easy to get out of though that means i must find mature people to play with =)

3. SHAD0W F34R

SHAD0W F34R Ancient

I see you did take my advice to straighten the tunnel and the objects. I looks really
    neat. There are just a few spots that look a little sloppy. But not bad. That fin structure
    looks cool, I like.

4. cory21

cory21 Ancient

It actually looks like a neat map, I see you planned this one out well. At first i was going to say I don't like long tunnels since they really slow gameplay down a lot, but then I saw the pic with the mongoose, and that is actually a good idea, I like it a lot. On the pic that shows the vantage pint with the sniper (3rd from the last), there seems to be a lot of sloppy walls, so you could fix those a little. Also, if you have budget left, you should raise the outside borders so no one gets out.

5. The Stickmen

The Stickmen Ancient

"yeah I pretty much agree with everyone here so far without actually playing he map. Looks really clean in some spots and a little sloppy in others. Wihout a doubt the wall needs to be raised. You should have money left over. Nice map overall though.". Says former green bay QB Brett Favre

6. MasterM 500

MasterM 500 Ancient

Thanks for the comments guys I'm glad to see some people like it, or atleast the idea, haha... and yes, Shadow, I took some of your advice. The sloppy walls are something I can easily fix, but as for borders, not so much. You see, when I originally made the map I deleted every original Sandbox piece off of the map. Now, I've reached the budget limit and there isn't a thing I can do about it now.

#6 MasterM 500, Jun 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  7. cory21

cory21 Ancient

It doesn't seem like a very complex map. I'm sure you could start over easily. I did the same with one of my maps and it turned out a lot better than the original.

8. MasterM 500

MasterM 500 Ancient

I'll definitely consider it and I'm sure it wouldn't be too much trouble. However, right now, I'd really rather move on to my next map because I have some great ideas in mind for it. Perhaps one day I'll come out with a completely re done V3, but I think I would rather move away from my past maps for now.

9. FORGING2PERFEKTION

looks cool i seee you got some nice ideas.
    i personally dont like these tunnels because i think its to much camping but with the combination of the gooses it ok.
    maybe you could interlock you objects and i think there is a little bit too much free space.
    overall it look well done.

10. RidleyXX45

RidleyXX45 Ancient

Very nice work. It's too great for words! 6/5.