Training Ground

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by TrueDarkFusion, Dec 16, 2007.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. 1

11.1%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

11.1%
  4. 4

22.2%
  5. 5

55.6%
  1. Mikey

Mikey Guest

i like this map for two reasons:

1. it does feel tactical

2. im good at swat 8)

rele great job AZN ;)

2. xX OCYRIS Xx

xX OCYRIS Xx Ancient

im a major swat player, and have just been playing it on the original maps, and it gets really repetetive, though it was still fun. When i saw this map i downloaded it immediatly and here is what i got: THE GREATEST GAME OF SWAT I HAVE EVER PLAYED. i give it an 11/10 for simplicity and strategy. kudos to the creator

3. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

Why thank you Ocyris... if you are interested in SWAT maps, then head over to the forge discussion zone, and in there go to the map test forum. There is a thread for people looking to test their SWAT maps.

4. F00zball

F00zball Ancient

I only thought this map was OK. I played it 3v3 on swat, got through about 1 min of the game, ended the party, and took radar off. It turns into a camp fest w radar. PPl just hide in corners until enemies come around. Then the enimies get pissed and hide in corners 2. Be4 you know it everyones just hiding and nothins really hapening. Map plays much better without radar in my opinion. O ya... I liked SWAT in h2 because it was fast paced. Made it much more exciting.

5. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

It really depends on your playing style. I will play swat either way becasue I always run n' gun that is just how I play. Anyways I like the radar, I want the enemy to know that I am coming, that they are going to die and that there is nothing that they can do about it.

I never got to try to try it without radar, but I am sure that it would be hectic and fun. I think that this swat game is not supposed to play like hsalo 2, it is supposed to be more tactical.

6. Ray Benefield

Forge Critic

I took off radar, because it forces people to crouch... its more tactical. We play tested it with no radar and all it turned out to be was a run and gun fest. That isn't fun at all. And if you know what your doing its easy to beat campers... cuz the way the map is built it is very difficult to camp.

7. Masterchimp6

Masterchimp6 Ancient

Seems fun, (SWAT was my fave gametype in Halo 2!!) I will DL as soon as I free up some space to DL.

8. Grimz13

Grimz13 Ancient

Looks awesome, like the idea of making halo a bit more tactical.

9. cubs199235

cubs199235 Ancient

easily the best slayer map of the year (as it was voted) I love azn's maps. well i love all of forghubs maps. Although some of the recent ones have been slacking. Pick it up boys

10. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

Someone hasn't tried 7th Avenue. The last guilder map posted was 7th Avenue. We have mostly been featuring community maps this week.

11. AndywooT

AndywooT Ancient

It looks kind of interesting. Theres good spacing between either wall. But the one major problem I can see is camping all over the place. Or :squirrel_grouphug: < That might happen...

12. RioT 17

RioT 17 Ancient

This game is really fun and is perfect fo the crouch button. I use it in other games but in this I use it 95% of the time.

13. Ki Jason

Ki Jason Ancient

it could use more picks, but everone seems to like it.

14. CATERBIRD

CATERBIRD Ancient

I made a training ground map that actually involves things that look like training, for mine you first duck under fence walls, then you have to grav lift three times over fusion coils, after that you go through a maze, then you go into a hallway that man cannons you to the right side. and yes the door and the room where you have 3 window panels blocking it off has a bridge in it to block it, but than you choos from magnums an energy sword 2 needlers 2 brute shots battle rifles, after that you head throug a transporter and go to the connected floting bridges that have a spartin laser a rocket launcher and a fuel rod gun to choose from, after that you can hop down and start over if you want, and yes i have thaught of ways to make sure you can not get stuck in a certain are and then have to commit suicide. phew.... MAN THAT WAS ALOT TO SAY IN ONE POST.

15. Ki Jason

Ki Jason Ancient

i dont really like CQC maps, but alot do.

16. chromebandit

chromebandit Ancient

Looks like a cool map. I'll dl it.

17. Legendary Blue

Legendary Blue Ancient

i liked playing swat here but i had a problem with swat ctf, cuz i would spawn right next to the other teams flag and vice versa so it kinda got complicated as to which side of the map i was on

18. Ray Benefield

Forge Critic

It was made to be like that... it spawns the teams together, so that when you grab the flag you are trying to force your way through as a team, instead of the enemies spawning behind you and having to chase you. I like having to work as a team to force the flag through.

I stated in the description that it was made to play out like that.

19. MNM1245

MNM1245 Ancient

This map was not that great until I download the game variant for it then it was extremely fun! It is such a simple map yet it is so much fun to play!

20. BDKblackbelt

BDKblackbelt Ancient

very fun once i down loaded the swat variant! excelent map!