Training Ground

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by TrueDarkFusion, Dec 16, 2007.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. 1

11.1%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

11.1%
  4. 4

22.2%
  5. 5

55.6%
  1. Ty

Ty Guest

That is foolish

And AZN that sounds good to me.

2. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

I changed it to 90% movement, so you still move a little slower than normal, and I think there was one other change too, I'll show you tonight.

3. BetaWaffle

BetaWaffle Guest

I don't actually mean i want to set it to 62, I just mean i want more choices along the scale. Like Damage and Damage Resistance, (0%) 10% (20%) (30%) (40%) 50% ...

4. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

Well 90% movement speed sounds good too... I will do that instead...

5. Soggydoughnuts

Soggydoughnuts Ancient

That would be awesome if you could release a Halo:Swat Map pack. I would be really excited.

-Donuts

6. Ty

Ty Guest

I'm actually thinking that's the goal at the moment, if you read higher up in this thread you'd see we have something planned. I have 3 maps built already and others are working on them as well.

@gravedigger- I didn't ignore your invite last night, I was away from my xbox when you sent it and I didn't notice it until I had gotten offline. sorry.

7. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

tygard, was ur SWAT map the 1 i played with u? cuz it was really good (other than spawn problems, but u said the spawns were bad...), but way to slow...id go with 100 speed if you want people crouching all the time...maaaaybe 90 but id still say 100 is better

8. Ty

Ty Guest

You played the small Rat's Nest map calleed "The Garage" I have a large Rat's Nest one as well and a Standoff map in the works. Haven't done anything with spawns on any of the maps yet. And AZN FTW is changing the official gametype to up the speed and normal gravity and turn off vehicle use Because I used them as scenery. It should be pretty solid once it gets rolling. My standoff map actually played fairly well when BetaWaffle and I ran through it.

9. Ray Benefield

Forge Critic

Sorry you guys I just seem to be getting busier and busier... being a guilder really takes up your time... especially since I'm a clan leader too. tygard at FHEAP we could test a prototype of the SWAT map pack.

10. Ty

Ty Guest

I guess that means I better be adding some spawn points this afternoon ..... hope I have time ...

11. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

hopefully u guys wont be working on that when i get home...cuz i only got like 2 hours to do stuff until i have to go until sat night...and then on sunday my friend comes and we play rock band/guitar hero/nba live/madden all day...i might be able to convince him to test but im kinda doubtful about forging with him :p

just realized this got way off topic, lets get this back to normal...

12. Ty

Ty Guest

i've gotta get Spawn points in there if AZN wants to test tonight, damn't I shouldn't have gone x-mas shopping last night .... and of course, i'm one of the only people from the site on Mountain time ..... oh well

And Insane54, testing and forging are two different things. We need only something to shoot at for testing ;D

13. Ray Benefield

Forge Critic

Oh well have plenty of people thanks to FHEAP!!!

14. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

I got two SWAT maps now, one is primarily for CTF and the other primarily for Team Slayer. One of them's been tested a lot, but the second hasn't been tested yet, I'll show you both of them tonight at the FHEAP. Also, for the mode, two changes I'd like to request, changing the name to Team SWAT for Team Slayer and turning off weapons on map (if it's not already off). I've got weapons on one of my maps to set it up for normal King of the Hill and One Flag (using symetry options), I don't want them to appear in SWAT.

15. Ty

Ty Guest

Well we did some intense SWAT testing at FHEAP and came to some conclusions. First, unlimited ammo has to be turned off, and weapons strategically placed on the map. For slayer there is almost no incentive to even move around the map because you can just "snipe" with the BR in one spot. I'm pretty sure that was the only real issue except for a map revamp, which brings me to my news update.

The Garage(Rat'sNest-small)- is good to go, except spawn placement and testing

The Racetrack (Rat'sNest Large) In the process of being re-vamped spawn placement and testing needed as well.

Standoff SWAT- Good to go except spawn plaement and testing.

Secret maps in the works. Otherwise this SWAT thing is in good motion. Hopefully I'll get back to Halo 3 soon, surprisingly had a lot of stuff going on this weekend. :-\

16. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

The unlimited ammo works well, look back at your maps and try to get rid of any potential camping spots to force players to move around. And remember, you can always just headshot them as they reload. And if there were weapons in the map (the game mode setting) it would mess up one of my maps. I'll play Halo tommorrow and try inviting you and AZN so we can look at all the maps with the current modes.

17. Ty

Ty Guest

In my Standoff map there is no incentive to cross the map except for a CTF game because people just unload a whole clip trying to snipe people from the roof of a base. If people are forced to watch their ammo count and actually pick up weapons from dead bodies or spawns then it requires movement and strategy.

18. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

Then add extra scenery items that make it hard to shoot people from up there.

19. Ty

Ty Guest

I've used every adequate object already to provide enough cover between bases. There just needs to be incentive to move around as Titmar and I have discussed, limited ammo provides that incentive.