Training Ground

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by TrueDarkFusion, Dec 16, 2007.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. 1

11.1%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

11.1%
  4. 4

22.2%
  5. 5

55.6%
  1. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

First of all on vehicle usage... I can change it to disable vehicles and have people download the updated version before the tournament.

On shield doors, let's stick with no on that one. I want maps to feel like they are pure human based and in the real world. Not only that, the whole abuse on the shield doors is not a good thing.

I look forward to seeing the one done on Rat's Nest... I wanted to do one that only consisted of the inside part (with the Racetrack blocked off). That keeps the field small, and less complex.

Standoff seems a little too open, but with proper use of Barricades and Barriers I think we can make it work.

I don't think the pit has enough objects for cover. But if you guys come up with something good we shall see. Let's get this show on the roll... if we can get things done by new years, we can set up the tournament in January. After Friday, I only work 2 days in the next two weeks (THANK YOU Minimum Manning!), so I will be able to have a good line-up of things.

2. Ty

Ty Guest

Would two versions of the Rat's Nest map be a good idea? an Indoor smaller map, and my map for the full thing? It surprisingly worked very well using the full map, but I had actually had the iea of making a smaller indoor map. The people that played on the map yesterday liked having the whole map to use yesterday though. I guess maybe I'll do both. But if you could please disable vehicle usage in the SWAT gametypes, it'll give my Rat's Nest map a sense of realism, while still providing cover. :)

I'm hoping to have at least 3 maps into playtesting by this weekend. I'm sure we can have a good SWAT lineup by New Years!

And I agree with the shield door thing, I had a feeling you'd share my suspicions. And the keeping things human idea is a good point as well.

3. Ray Benefield

Forge Critic

We shall see about Rat's Nest... the two maps MUST have a completely different feel to them. Or else it will just feel like one map was extended into another... I want to check these out tygard. I will most likely be busy training our new member of BTSP, but I will find time to check these out. Toss me a FR.

4. Ty

Ty Guest

I sent you a FR but your list must be full.

5. Ray Benefield

Forge Critic

I will fix it tonight... and away go the unwanted friends... (you know the ones that hide in the closet... oh and the ones that come out of the closet too...) LAWLZ!!!

Disclaimer: Anything stated above in this post is in no way affiliated with my personal beliefs.

6. Ty

Ty Guest

alright, you'll prolly have to remind me about the FR...... in a year you'll know about the acute memory loss ....

7. Klink258

Klink258 Ancient

It's foundry. One of 3 maps on the "Heroic Map Pack."
    And please, spell it xbox. I beg of you.

8. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Yup. SWAT maps must be added to the tournament.. which will be amazing fun. FACT.

9. Ty

Ty Guest

The tournament we are talking about was a SWAT tourney only, or am I just completely confused as to what you said?

AZN FTW: I had a few things to ask you about preferences for the SWAT maps. BetWaffle said that you'd go for them but I don't think you will.

10. Ty

Ty Guest

Sorry for the double post, but I figured for some people my news is worth a bump.

I got my general item placement done for the SWAT map on Standoff. I am actually impressed wit how it feels. It's possible for you to sneak from base to base without being seen at all. This map however is going to be one of the tougher SWAT maps and it's going to require a lot of good teamwork and skill to be successful at. I like the way it feels, bu we'll have to see if you guys like it. ;D

11. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

I made a medium sized SWAT map on Foundry, it works really well, but to give it the right feel I had to modify your modes a little. I mentioned on of the modifications in a message to you last night, and it didn't sound like you liked it. I would appreciate it if you could join my party tonight to see what you think of my map and the mode modifications after playing with them. With the new modes, I tried Training Ground and my map and the people I played against (and me) didn't like them until I made these little modifications, at which time they really liked them. As for the jumping modification, it essential in my map to jump, it is designed quite differently then yours, and in Training Ground it's just annoying not to be able to jump. I also turned off vehicle use. Don't let the jumping thing keep you trying it, come tonight and will test my map and yours with the new mode, I think you'll like it, and then if you do you could re save it to get your name back on and the description. If you invite Tygard we could try his Stand Off map too.

12. Ty

Ty Guest

We went through and tweaked my small Rat's Nest map last night. The only ons I have on standby atm are my large Rat's Nest and Standoff. I might try to get a map rolling on the pit, but after AZN and I's extended convo last night There is a lot of things I'd like to do that I don't think the objects there will allow me to do. As for the gametype, AZN is going to release a tweaked version sometime in the near future.

13. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

I still need to show him my mode, there is a good amount of changes that are required for my map and make his a little more fun. I'd like to see how it works on yours as well, if you've already got three, then I'd say probably all three of them, even though AZN's already seen one of them.

14. Ray Benefield

Forge Critic

Actually Grave, the jumping thing won't be too much of a problem. I just didn't want SWAT to become a game where you are off the groun 75% of the time dodging shots. And the no vehicle usage is fine. I discussed it with tygard, and being able to use vehicles as scenery objects would work great aesthetics wise. Should be fun when we finally get these done.

15. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

Jumping usually leaves you wide open to get killed anyways.

16. Ray Benefield

Forge Critic

Not in Training Ground... it gives you an advantage, since most people expect you to be standing or crouching...

17. Ty

Ty Guest

Titmar's point will hold true on all of my SWAT maps, if you jump, you're retarded .... and you'll die, very quickly.

18. Ray Benefield

Forge Critic

I know... but I was referring to Training Ground... I love finding exceptions...

19. Ty

Ty Guest

Even on training ground you're still retarded if you jump, you'll be supplying motion for the motion tracker to pick up and most people can still follow a headshot through a jump, at least I know i can. That's one reason that I love your idea of including the motion tracker, I wish proximity voice was disabled though.

20. BetaWaffle

BetaWaffle Guest

You know you can disable that in settings. You can set it to always mute none team members (or even everyone) during games.