Train Station

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by goldenknight508, Jun 8, 2008.

1. goldenknight508

goldenknight508 Ancient

Train Station

The only signs of life remaining are electronics and the dead. 2-12 players.

Hello. This is my second map post. This is probably my best map I've made due to the time I put into it. I started making this map a while back, before B100D F1R3 posted his, so don't call me unoriginal.

About the map:

This map is based off of an average small train station. it is meant for 2-6 players as it is very small. My goal was to create a train station that isn't a train station just because of the train. I accomplished that in this map.

Backstory:

In the late 2100s, this train station was abandoned due to the nuclear fallout of the UNSC's testing. Now the only things remaining are the electronically controlled trains and the stench of those who didn't make it.

Pictures:

[​IMG]
    The train track. The train will most likely come every 10 seconds.

[​IMG]
    The costruction room. Forklift is now removed due to people escaping.

[​IMG]
    The overpass, where a sniper and a frag respawn. Has a good view of the tracks.

[​IMG]
    The room you saw below the overpass in the last picture. Holds 2 SMGs.

[​IMG]
    The ceiling of that room. Yes, I like aesthetics =D.

[​IMG]
    The best form of an overview I could get, the tracks right in front, the overpass in the background along with the room, and the construction room to the left.

[​IMG]
    The outside scenery, to the left of the last picture. The traffic light is fixed now.

[​IMG]
    The train dispensor. It works by the train going through the tele's, then into a little hole where fusion coils fall on it, causing it to blow up and respawn quicker.

Action Shots:

[​IMG]
    A fight on the tracks.

[​IMG]
    COSTAcosi14 trying to keep me at bay on the train tracks.

[​IMG]
    A scenic view of me hiding from cosi.

[​IMG]
    The sniper can be deadly, as he can be hard to spot.

[​IMG]
    Back vile train! Back!

[​IMG]
    Being owned by Platypus7770 with the shotty, which was removed due to balance issues.

[​IMG]
    SIR! YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE STRUCK BY A VEHICLE!!

[​IMG]
    Imma comin for you!

[​IMG]
    Here, we see the train about to eat its victims. Dude, submit this to animal planet.

[​IMG]
    THE BLUE! IT BUUURNNS!

[​IMG]
    ROFLCAR goes nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnNnnNNNNnnnnn

[​IMG]
    Why did the idiots cross the traintracks? To make a great pic.

Testers:

aREALia80
    COSTAcosi14
    Ol geiser
    Platypus7770
    xDemonKillerx3
    xFIRExPhantom
    xlYlaSsAcRe
    xxjetsboyxx

Thank you to all of the testers. It REALLY helped with the balance issues.
    And the screenies =D.

Download Links:

Map-Train Station

FFA Gametype

Oddball Gametype

KoTH Gametype

#1 goldenknight508, Jun 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  2. Hazza

Hazza Ancient

The map idea seems cool with the vehicle train but i would love to see some medium/ long shot pics because it all seems a bit crowded from the angle - which it probably isnt. By the way what gametypes does it support?

1st post! :D

3. HWC ozzie

HWC ozzie Ancient

Holy Crap. This looks completely amazing man. It reminds me of that one Halo 2 map. I can't recall the name of it, but it had 2 trains and it had 2 rails that was pretty much in the middle of that map. But I'm going to check this map out right now. This looks just great man. Does assault work on it or no?

4. goldenknight508

goldenknight508 Ancient

Its too small for assault, the gametypes I have are Koth, Oddball and FFA, but juggernaut works too. Thank you for the rating.

5. FordCalvin

FordCalvin Ancient
    Banned

Does the Warthog really move and Kill people by itself?

6. goldenknight508

goldenknight508 Ancient

Well, somewhat. Its propelled by mancannons but it strictly moves on one certain track.

7. Hazza

Hazza Ancient

Thanks that helps.
    I just realised something...say you were most killed by the warthog, wat would it say?
    Most killed by: Man-less warthog haha
    lol
    Nah it would probably say collision or a person - thats my hopes raised, then crashed face-first onto the ground :D

8. Sgt Visiliy

Sgt Visiliy Ancient

What happens if someone gets into the warthog?

9. goldenknight508

goldenknight508 Ancient

They cant, it goes through teles and is too fast to stop/ get in.

10. DrAyMeHr

DrAyMeHr Ancient

wow this looks cool ive downloaded it... the moving train is really original

11. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

Woop de doo for you.

The map in Halo 2 called Terminal (one of my all time favorite map, someone remake it) had the train coming through like this one. As for the map, the train was a good idea but what about the rest of the map? It seems as though the map only sets itself apart only by the train and not anything else. I wouldve liked to see a more bigger map. But that just maybe me because I like big maps. Overall you've introduced a very new fresh idea. Great job.

12. goldenknight508

goldenknight508 Ancient

Its suprisingly bigish small. Like close quarters combat and long range. The overpass is my favorite part, because those are in the train stations in NY, and it makes ME feel that is more aesthetic being based off of something actually existing.

13. Arch3m

Arch3m Ancient

Looks rad. I really like the train setup and the idea oof putting a hill on the tracks. It looks a little small, though. We'll see when I d/l it.

14. DR MAJESTIC

DR MAJESTIC Ancient

dude...i made a map almost exaclty like this except mine usesd a dumpster as the train and the shaft is longer...

#14 DR MAJESTIC, Jun 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  15. schmidget

schmidget Ancient

Nice lookin map but if you can you might want to change the name... DR MAJESTIC's map was before yours

16. silentPERFECT

silentPERFECT Ancient
    Banned

hm great map but 4 things,1 ive seen this before,yesterday actually. how convenient that this map is up today.2 its a bit messy, but im a neat freak so i guess thats me. 3, the map isnt that symmetrical, a sniper 2 smgs on one side and an assault rifle and a fustion coil on the other? fail on that part. and 4 its a bit small. but nice idea for the train although ive seen it before except it was a trash can instead of a warthog.

17. goldenknight508

goldenknight508 Ancient

Are you saying that someone I playtested with stole this or I stole it? Where did you see this? Please tell me, I don't want to have one of my maps stolen. Check my recent games, half of them are under the name LS and aaa, which is what I named them before finishing.

#17 goldenknight508, Jun 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  18. VGI dYn4sTy

VGI dYn4sTy Ancient

nice map dude it looks fun for FFA

19. goldenknight508

goldenknight508 Ancient

Evan, I know you are new, but that is a necro post. You'll most likely recieve a warning for it, but it is when you revive an old thread. Please read the rules more thoroughly.

But welcome to ForgeHub.

20. Ocean Man

Ocean Man Ancient

I like the train, but it doesn't look like it would come into play except in king of the hill, maybe you should have made more of the map on the other side of the tracks, to give a reason to cross. And is it possible to knock the train off the tracks with a frag? I really like the ceiling design it looks really cool! But I am surprised that you didn't post a picture of anyone being splattered by the train. It would have been a good selling point for a DL. kthxbai