Toxic

Discussion in 'Map Discussion' started by Blaze, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

Blaze submitted a new map:

Toxic - Oldschool arena shooter aesthetic paired with a small single room layout with deathpit and lifts.

Read more about this map...

2. TheTeacher98951

TheTeacher98951 Legendary

Alot of toxic/refinary/factory theme maps lately huh? (hell now that I think about alot of extermination maps and good ass ones too, but damn people take a brake with this mode LMAO). Good job on the waste and the map itself the only problem i ha e is that the base itself. (the whole map) looks JUUUUST A BIIIIT under detailed (or that could just be the pictures and not what the map actually looks like) if it is, may I suggest messing a bit more the metalic (increase the three numbers) and material (covenant, forerunner etc.) if you can. if not thats ok, wouldve been better though.

3. HeX Reapers

HeX Reapers Legendary

Spider Crossings meets Toxicity.

Blaze likes this.
  4. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer

There will be updates in the future to make the map more detailed. This version was submitted this way due to both a tight time crunch and to ensure functionality/performance met my expectations. Plus I am personally a huge fan of the tournament textures for quake.

The reason there are so many extermination maps being posted is because of the great contest that Forgehub has set up here. As far as the theme, I went with an toxic pit simply to separate the colors of the map and make it obvious that you aren't supposed to go there.

Thanks for the reapons and hopefully over the next few months, I will have a more defined art with dimples everywhere. Haha

a Chunk and TheTeacher98951 like this.
  5. TheTeacher98951

TheTeacher98951 Legendary

Ok thanks for that. (i actually forgot about the contest i feel so bad and dumb now lol. good to know there will be updates cant wait to see what it will look like revamped. i feel like it will kind of be off if i post some of my race maps now with the contest still going XD and i just revamped some guess well see what happens anyways XD. Again, good work. great to know about your possible future updates.

6. Preacher001

Preacher001 Forerunner

I'm sorry, I read "old school arena shooter" and in my frantic race for the download button I missed what this map was about.

a Chunk likes this.
  7. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer

Updated pictures but map refuses to set to visable... hopefully I'll fix it before the contest.

Preacher001 likes this.
  8. Preacher001

Preacher001 Forerunner

It's clear by the changes that you've been lurking the Epic forums. :yes: