Township V3

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Something., Aug 27, 2008.

?

How much awesome is contained in this map? (1-5 scale)

1. About as much as Buckley's cough syrup (1)

14.8%
  2. It's better than messing around on the menu screen I guess. (2)

9.8%
  3. I can taste a bit of awesome in it... (3)

4.9%
  4. You can fill a whole bottle with this awesome! (4)

14.8%
  5. OMFG AWESOME TIMES A BAZILLION! (5)

55.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breszhnev

breszhnev Ancient

i like close the door maps. and there r more doors this time unlike on high ground. the town looks pretty boring but thats prolly the point. if people r hiding in houses, the town must b very quiet. thats a good setting 4 an infection map. *****

2. Something.

Something. Ancient

Yes, the entire point of the map is sit in your houses, knitting a lovely new sweater while the zombies go from house to house, trick-or-treating.

Play the map before commenting, please.

3. STEClash96

STEClash96 Ancient

I downloaded this map 3 days ago, The gameplay was superb, The inly thing that I did'nt like was where the alpha zombie(s)
    spawns, They have to wait 2 mins and do nothing, I would change it to 1 min or 45 sec. Other than that, It was really fun with 15 people.

4. Sam

Sam Ancient

That room with 2 levels seems to be everybody's favorite whenever I play. I personally don't like that one room because there's no window to shoot out of. But I do like the change you made to the zombie experience. Now instead of teleporting into the map, they jump in by a man-cannon. This is certainly not an easy game for the humans, but that's a good thing.

5. xXxPHANTOMxXx

xXxPHANTOMxXx Ancient

nice to see you making yet another addition to the map updates. Btw insane zombies is very fun!

6. Something.

Something. Ancient

While lowering the time limit would help out the impatient zombies, it wouldn't give enough time for humans to collect what they need to live. That's why I put the soccer thing in there, for something to do. Maybe I'll add something else in there to mess around with.

7. johnnymokmok

johnnymokmok Ancient

It looks like a great map. Lots of hiding places and stuff to hide when you are hiding from them. that zombie in the video blindsided and it was funny when the other guy tried to kill him. 5/5 for everything.

8. Something.

Something. Ancient

The zombie's ambush was a lot faster in the actual game (video made it seem a bit less sudden). Everybody in that room screamed.

9. Sam

Sam Ancient

Hey, I was just wondering. Do you think you could post more videos of gameplay? There have to be more hilarious video clips worthy of being in this map thread.

10. Something.

Something. Ancient

Well, if you have funny moments while playing Township, perhaps you could make a clip and use Gamevee to grab it? I'd put it up on the thread for all to LOL at.

Wish I'd gotten a clip of when I was Last man. Classic zombie scenario, running down the streets, zombie go around corner and chase me. I turn left, more zombies come from that street. Turn back, and MOAR zombies come towards me. I gets eated.

11. Speed-e-cake

Speed-e-cake Ancient

After playing this map multiple times with others I can totally say that this is one of the only camping infection maps that I enjoy playing, the gametype however is a little blan and a waste of space. It's like ever other guys no shield infection variant that the zombies run fast but I found myself playing other infection variants on this map like save one bullet. A suggestion I have for this map is to make so the zombies get released about 30 seconds earlier. I think 2 minutes is a long time to wait and people quit when they think they're trapped forever. I normally found myself browsing the XBox Guide blade when I was an alpha zombie but everyone was hacking at the box with hope so it made me laugh that I was smarter than them so all in all you made a (very rare) good infection map.

12. Something.

Something. Ancient

Only 1 problem speed:

My zombies aren't the cliche'd super fast insta death zombies. 75% speed < 300% speed

13. BAMFthesenior

BAMFthesenior Ancient

looks well made and also looks like it has awesome gamplay i'll definitley try this game out latter,5/5.HAPPY FORGING!!!!!!!

14. john117john

john117john Ancient

its even better than the last one. the buildings looks much better with the palettes. and i really like that one building with the bunk or whatever you want to call it. btw i love the video of the loner getting killed. its still the a great game.

15. ILALQ

ILALQ Ancient

I like the new version. Unfortunately the truck in the middle of the one street really cuts my LOS when sniping. I shall deal with it and continue to make zombies fear me. LOL.

I'm the guy who gets owned in the vid BTW. It really was much better in person. Damn zombie.

16. psychopanda3100

psychopanda3100 Ancient

Overall This looks like a great map. I cant wait to play it!
    Keep up the good work!

17. L3377MA573R

L3377MA573R Ancient

Once again, pure awesomeness. This was fun playtesting. There's still no loft in the fence-wall corner room. :( Ah well. I like the different zombie variation types. My friends currently hate being zombies, but hate having only one or two humans. You rule. Oh, and how's that 'j and j and aids' thing coming?

18. Something.

Something. Ancient

Posted on forgehub under mini games section, called Tumble.

I also have a sequel to Township made and in testing stages. it's one gigantically huge building, 4 floors on it, with about 7 ways in. Teamwork is CRUCIAL if you want to stay alive for more than 30 seconds, let alone preventing them from even entering.

I'm also struggling with the logistics of a map that, if it can be done, will be so epically epic, the epicosity could not be contained in Forgehub's walls.

19. Shihuru

Shihuru Ancient

Sorta like my shihuruville maps...I like the last picture with the LMS, its kinda cool...

20. Sam

Sam Ancient

What I've seen so far of this sequel mentioned is epic itself. Teamwork is even more crucial than in Township, and the complex has several floors and openings which can be barricaded. I can't imagine what the secret map you mention will be like.

Something. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.