Towers

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by x Butt3rball x, Jan 3, 2009.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Terrible

20.0%
  2. Ok

40.0%
  3. Good

10.0%
  4. Amazing!

30.0%
  1. x Butt3rball x

x Butt3rball x Ancient

Towers
    Created by: x Butt3rball x

DOWNLOAD MAP HERE:
    Bungie.net : Bungie Online : Halo 3 File Details
    DOWNLOAD VARIANT HERE:
    Bungie.net : Bungie Online : Halo 3 File Details

---------------Recommended Players: 5----------------

Description
    Much like many of my other maps this is also an infection that includes a ghost. Towers uses the main area of foundry with the sides closed off. The infected spawns on a floating platform behind one of the sides. The platform is surronded by shield doors and has a ghost and only one way out. Inside the map there are 4 towers that are made from 3 stacked crates. Each tower is supported by a single weapon holder on the top. After some time equipment will spawn on the weapon holders to aid the humans. By each tower there is a ramp (fence wall) with a grav lift under it.
    This is used to help the humans back up onto the towers.

The goal for the infected is to knock over the towers and kill the humans that await on them. The human's goal is to wait out the time without getting splattered.

Equipment Spawns:
    Trip mine (x2): 20 second respawn
    Power Drain (x2): 45 second respawn (45 second respawn may seem like a long time but anytime shorter makes it very cheap for the zombie especially if there are two people with them.)

Hints:
    -Even though the ramps look useful for the zombie that arent. They send you over the tower and get you no where. Like said in the description there just used to help the humans back up.

-Try making strategies with your teammates on when to throw the trip mines and power drains because when they are used together they are a deadly combo.

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    Overview
    [​IMG]
    Ghost Spawn
    [​IMG]
    A Tower
    [​IMG]
    A ramp
    [​IMG]
    Should have jumped
    [​IMG]
    TIMBER!
    [​IMG]
    Ghost vs. Man..... with a power drain

Many thanks to the testers:
    Mellow Yellow23
    IVIikee
    zQuickdraw
    Bojangles216
    Da jelly r0ll

Think this map should be featured?
    http://www.forgehub.com/forum/halo-forge-discussion/32789-want-see-map-featured.html
    ------------^Click Here^----------------

2. Gradex

Gradex Ancient

Now scince i actually read the post rather than just look at the pictures, i can see that this could actually be a lot of fun! I would really recomend making more towers out of differant objects, like barriers, so the ghost isn't so strong. With only 4 or 5, then your screwed if your on the ground. Having more would make it harder for the ghost.

How do the humans win? do they kill the zombie? hi-jack him?

Overall, great job, i can see that you are new to forge. ill give ya a 3.5/5

3. TKOwnedU5

TKOwnedU5 Ancient

The map is good and all but i think it would get boring after a while because sooner or later you die to soon because of the towers they would fall over but i guess thats part of the game is for the ghost to knock over the towers i guess thats pretty nice job....3.5/5 from me its to empty

#3 TKOwnedU5, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  4. Speed-e-cake

Speed-e-cake Ancient

That's a bad way to judge a Mini-game since that's how a lot of mini-games play, some examples are: Hobo-Heights, Pennyless and Tremor 'n' Mouse. Most mini-games you'll die "sooner or later", but the thing about mini-games is not the end result, it's what happens during the match.

As for the map my only suggestions are to remove the weapon holders that hold the equipment because it will be easier to knock them down and make for the ghost wanting to avoid them even more. So almost that it becomes a game of chicken.

Also making the zombie spawn closer to the ghost would make the game less complicated and easier for a "new player" to understand. I would take a sweep around this map and clean up a few things; flip and interlock some bridges and boxes to make them look smoother and cleaner.

5. mastersync23

mastersync23 Ancient

Do the towers respawn? Still, quite an original idea. 3.5/5. Good job. Keep on forging!

6. STR8 GR8 DNT H8

STR8 GR8 DNT H8 Ancient

same as him but 4.5/5 very good job keep it up

7. EpicFishFingers

EpicFishFingers Ancient

I like these sort of games. This is like Bullring and jenga combined. In a way. I like this map a lot. A central tower would be nice though. Like a strong tower, but with only enough girth for one person on it at a time. And no equipment on it. Yeah, that'd be good. Maybe in a v2, though. Considering how new you are to this site, this is a very good map. I actually put it down to be featured...

8. d4rkdemon

d4rkdemon Ancient

this is very good game its like my freinds but his has stuff like barriors same idea though i give it 4.5/5 because it is a very fun game to play