Sandbox Towers Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by k1ngk00ba, May 1, 2009.

1. k1ngk00ba

k1ngk00ba Ancient

Towers is a symmetrical map housing two pyramid-like bases, two sniper towers, and a center structure. The map is based on team slayer but is also good for large slayer games (6-14).

Updates:
    1. multiple changes in the structure of the map to allow for better playbility and aesthetics. these will be discussed in detail during the pictures.
    2. warthogs deleted/ ghosts moved to hog spawn
    3. multiple ground spawns added
    4. shotguns moved from underneath the rocket spawn to area near bases (specified later in pics)

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=76427912

OK with that out of the way we will now move on to pics and specifics.

[​IMG]

Numero Uno(1).... backveiw of map looking at the blue side with the sniper tower being closest.
    Updates: in the distance you can see two lone pillars, those are a part of the base, grav lift moved from light on snipe to lower area
    Weapons: the mauler to the right on the ramp into the bottom of the sniper tower, sticks and grav on the middle level of the base.

[​IMG]

snake eyes (2)... picture of the backside of the base featuring the new dirve-thru like structures.
    Updates: the drive-thru, ground spawns, shotgun spawn moved here- two sq. from ramp and 3 sq from each pillar (under the grid line)
    Weapons: BR and frag spawn on upper level of base, shotgun spawn 2 sq. from ramp and 3 sq from each pillar.

[​IMG]

trese... like trees only 3s....... pic of inside of base feat. the new ghost spawn.
    Upadates: ghost spawn/ warthog removed. 2nd level blocks removed.
    Weapons: ghost, br on far side (in same spot on close side) and also brs on outside of walls opposite the br spawn seen.

[​IMG]

Power of the fours..... pic of the front side of the base housing the new ramp to second level.
    Updates: second level and ground locks removed, ramp added with block on top for mobility, new spawn on 3rd level
    Weapons: br and frag spawn in middle of third level.

[​IMG]

Pentapic (5th pic)......... pic displaying the center structure of the map.
    Updates: shotguns moved to different area, one frag from each side removed (i hit the max item amount limit)
    Weapons: BR spawn to your right on the pillar, sticks spawn just inside BR pillar, frag spawns on left middle area, rocket spawn on top of structure.

[​IMG]

6......followed by a 9........... basic overview of the map, just look at it to get a basic overview type feel.

[​IMG]

7.... the lucky number sleven.......... side view looking towards blue base from red spawn, featuring new ground spawns and cover structure.
    Updates: ground spawns seen at bottom left, cover structure next to spawns.
    Weapons: none of note (previousley mentioned BR and frag spawn)

[​IMG]

Octo-8 and spidies legs......... behind look at the sniper structure, maily giving a better look at weapon spawns than the backview image (1st)
    Updates: snipe stairs changed to ramps, new structure and spawns (previousley mentioned)
    Weapons: mauler on the ramp coming out of the bottom area, sticks and lift spawn on second level.

[​IMG]

nine.... preceded by a 6 and divisible by 3....... inside view of the sniper base.
    Updates: spawn in left side area is new.
    Weapons: power drain on left side, needler which is surrounded by sploders on the right.

[​IMG]

10, final kill in frenzy and killionaire and final pic in our tour.... this last one features a front view of the sniper tower and new cover structure.
    Updates: cover structure, ramps instead of stairs, new snipes platform for aesthetics and line of sight, grav lift moved off of top.
    Weapons: BR spawn on second level and sniper spawn on top, and slightly outside the pic on the bottom right is a carbine.

Well thats it for our tour hope you dl and enjoy thanks to all who helped make this edit through your constructive critiscism.

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=76427912

2. Canadians360

Canadians360 Ancient

Well I'm glad I get to see your v2 the thing is you took all my advice so there's not much more to add. I'll DL tonight but as for now great job in revamping your map and I aplaud your willingness to adapt and take advice. I hope your reviews reflect the amount of work you put into your map

3. k1ngk00ba

k1ngk00ba Ancient

thanks

yeah thanks for all the advice i hope you enjoy the map if possible could you get me some action pics if you play tonight? i still think this page needs a lot of work simply because i havent had any real map play on to tell where key areas are and such.

4. redeyesmaster

redeyesmaster Ancient

hte last picture still looks like a wraith by the way if you map is really good you wont need to send people messages like you did me. if your going to adv. your map just put it in you siggy with a photo that would stand out more. any way good map i do like it but still seems kinda open good enough to download though.

5. redpox28

redpox28 Ancient

This looks better than the v1, but is a little sloppy. If you find some items you can delete, there are some gaps in some walls that can be easily fixed. Overall, I'd give this a 8/10