Tournament REVAMPED!

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by SNEM0SdN5, Oct 5, 2010.

1. SNEM0SdN5

SNEM0SdN5 Forerunner

This is my improved version of the Tournament Map that I previously posted for halo 3. I eliminated all bugs and improved the map tremendously and tried to make it as realistic as possible. I worked very hard on this map and went back and triple checked everything to make sure everything is functioning properly.

What is Tournament?
    Tournament is an eight person map in which each person only has 1 life per round (10 rounds). Each person spawns in a caved in spot on the ground floor in the beginning of each round with a DMR with unlimited ammo and a bottomless clip.

[​IMG]
    Each player will 1v1 a random player with DMRs until there are only four players remaining. A one way shield door allows surviving players to see who their next match will be against.
    [​IMG]
    A staircase will then spawn after 30 seconds into the match allowing players to reach level 2.
    [​IMG]
    The remaining four players will have another 1v1 match with DMRs until only 2 players are remaining. 10 seconds after the beginning of the fight, a sniper and medic kid will spawn.
    [​IMG]
    Again, before the stairs spawn to level 3, the final players can see who their opponenent will be through the one way shield doors.
    [​IMG]
    The stairs will then spawn 20 seconds after the sniper spawn allowing the final battle to take action.
    [​IMG]
    Two plasma grenades are placed on the top of level 3.
    [​IMG]
    40 seconds into the final round, a rocket launcher will spawn.
    [​IMG]
    Since rocketlauncher + infinite ammo + bottomless clip = ownage, the round should be over soon after a player picks it up.

Columns and fusion coils are perfectly placed to disallow "sneaky" players to hide in their spawn points, making them prisoners if they stay longer than 30 seconds.
    [​IMG]
    Here are two overlooking pictures of the map for those people who need to see it as a whole :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope you guys enjoy it! And don't forget to download the gametype for it.

Added after 4 minutes:

can someone tell me how to post a thumbnail pic for this thread? ive tried over and over but it isnt working.. thanks.

#1 SNEM0SdN5, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  2. Leo

Leo Forerunner

um... your map looks neat, but I think that it's against the rules to double post, let alone quadruple post your map.

3. SNEM0SdN5

SNEM0SdN5 Forerunner

all I was trying to do was to get my thumbnail to work, and I finally got it towork on the 4th post. lol. i closed the other three so they should be gone soon.

4. its LEB

its LEB Forerunner

sick idea but does this actually work?

5. SNEM0SdN5

SNEM0SdN5 Forerunner

yeahh

6. Nova

Nova Forerunner

I still remember the original version. It was in Foundry, right? Good job with the update in forgeworld, it looks epic! I like how the player is moving upward after every win, it's a cool psychological boost as you progress. I think it's a great idea, even if you spawned it long ago.

7. SNEM0SdN5

SNEM0SdN5 Forerunner

thanks

#7 SNEM0SdN5, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010