Torpedo Jumpers

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by MattDGiant, Apr 16, 2008.

1. texturedlemur

texturedlemur Ancient

nice did you get the idea form rusty eagles switch guide (one of his switches was a torpedo switch)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vpSj69ffUws

2. MattDGiant

MattDGiant Ancient

Actually, no. Thats not the first time ive gotten that response either. This was a completely original idea, and although i have watched that video, it truly has nothing to do with my map. THe only thing linking te two are the propane tanks. Torpedo Jumpers does not use switches, only propane tanks themselves. Theres no switch. None.

BUt im glad you liked the map.

3. Necrocent

Necrocent Ancient

Very nice. Creative, fun, unique. 5/5

4. MattDGiant

MattDGiant Ancient

Thanks. Gee, I love all this positive feedback im getting. Id raelly be nice if yall would post on B.net too though

5. TheLollipopLad

TheLollipopLad Ancient

cool looks very cool i will download

6. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

This looks like a lot of fun. I do think that you should update so zombies can see, as Maxwell 360 suggested though. I think this could be a lot of fun to play as a human, but the zombies will just randomly attack propane tanks trying to get kills. If there were some strategy to how you launch off the torpedos (possibly through being able to see, or even better, through some unique way you think of) than I think it would be a lot better.

7. MattDGiant

MattDGiant Ancient

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Gravedigger5454- Actually, there are numerous techniques the zombies can use to get kills. The most undderrated thing in this map is the Magnum the Alpha Zombie spawns with. Im not going to tell you anything else about it, but it seriously opens a can of whoop-@$$ on dem Humans. Most people i play with just go ballistic with the swords and dont use strategy, but i do and actually prefer being a zombie rather than a human. And thanks again for the nice review and comments. Im glad you didnt say somthing like "cool" cuz this actually tells me what i might need to work on fo r future versions.
    Hint Hint.

8. gobbles

gobbles Ancient

Wow, I can't believe I never read this map before. Truly original, and looks pretty cool, I just think that the wall between the rooms should be made out of fence walls and shield doors so the zombie can see the opponents and know which torpedo to hit. Anyway, I downloaded it.

9. MattDGiant

MattDGiant Ancient

thanks gobbles. Yes, it is original (tell me if i'm wrong ) and nobody has made anything like it. I have recieved a lot of feedback stating that the walls should be replaced with fencewalls or window panels so the zombies can see the humans. I have two responses, actually 3, to that. First: If the zombies crouch, they can somewhat see the humans through the torpedo holes. Second: The zombies have the best radar they can get, and the humans all have blaring red waypoints over their heads. Its pretty hard not to know where they are. THird: I cant replace the bridges with fencewalls and stuff, because the contraption behind the walls that holds the torpedos is fairly messy and unpleasing to look at. Thats partly why i got it covered up. Even if i do replace the bridges, the zombies wont be able to see much with all that junk in the way.

Thanks again for the great feedback. IM glad igot your download. Everyone, im still begging for some B.net comments. PLEASSSEEEE and thankyou.
    :)

10. gobbles

gobbles Ancient

I never thought about it that way, I can't wait to try it out, but I was also wondering
    why people couldn't stay close to the bridges, so when the torpedo goes off it would just go past them?

11. MattDGiant

MattDGiant Ancient

That is a very educated question gobbles, and a good one at that. THe answer is that the Torpedos, once lit, are very unpredictable. Yes, the occasionnal torpedo will fly past you. however, torpedos flight time varies greatly, and will often explode right as it flys out of its hold. In my experience, torps will either explode inside the holds if they get stuck, come roaring out and killing numerous people, or exploding right out of the whole, hurting little campers like you who stand right in the path of the torps. lol.
    thanks for the good question.

gobbles likes this.
  12. gobbles

gobbles Ancient

Ok, this minigame seems really good, I just don't want to see it be really bad, because of the difficulty of hitting people with torpedos. There is a map published a while ago called wallball, where zombies hit their grav hams at fusion coils and try to hit the humans with them, but the game just didn't work because the fusion coils never went the right way.

13. MattDGiant

MattDGiant Ancient

its not like that at all. Except for cheaters, everyone can get hit and killed. I, with my incredible Alpha Zombie Startegy, once killed everyone at once. (MAGNUM!!!!)

THe game will go better if you use the proper gametype, because that way humans have a lesser damage resistance and rounds wil go quicker. Trust me, its not like wallball. Better, even. Even though you cant see the humans its quite easy to hit them. The best part is the beginning of the first round, where people who dont know what is going on are blasted away by the lucky Zombo.

14. gobbles

gobbles Ancient

What do you mean cheaters? Also, do the humans have regular gravity

15. MattDGiant

MattDGiant Ancient

first, yes, humans have regular gravity. Second. By Cheaters, I mean people who have discovered ways to exploit features of the map to their advantage. THere are somethings that are in the map that i just can't get rid of. THere are a few odd ledges that people who are blown into the air by torpedos have landed on and stay up there, safe from explosions below. But theres no real need to worry, as this rarely happens. When it does, either the person falls down sooner or later or they can get booted lol :).

16. spacemarine

spacemarine Ancient

Looks really cool. I have done many experiments with using propane tanks as artillery of sorts, and this is really good.

17. MattDGiant

MattDGiant Ancient

Thanks man. Propane tanks are like wheat thins- crspy and delischous!

18. American10

American10 Ancient

I can has v2 for this awesome map??

19. LuckoftheMoose

LuckoftheMoose Ancient

This looks like a really fun map when bored. Different then your ordinary infection. Definately gonna DL!

20. MattDGiant

MattDGiant Ancient

Thanks yea. Its definetly original and fresh, so you dont have play fat kid or whatever its called all the time/