Top 5 Games your Most Excited For.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Plan B, Aug 15, 2009.

1. MLRR

MLRR Ancient

1- Halo 3: ODST
    2- Need for Speed Shift
    3- DIRT 2
    4- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    5- Would be between (Left 4 Dead 2 or Bioshock 2)

2. ABigDumbOgre

ABigDumbOgre Ancient

1) Modern Warefare 2 - It looks simply amazing. CoD4 is my favorite game, and two years later I still play it. Even if MW2 is just CoD4 with extra stuff, I will still be excited. Multiplayer should be intense, and Firefight mode looks awesome.

2) Forza 3 - I picked up Forza 2 because of a friend's reccomendation, and I loved it. The racing is the best of any game I have played, being challenging yet enjoyable. I also love what you can do off the track. The sheer number of cars, the auction house and the ability to make amazing paint jobs won me over. Forza 3 should imrpove on all of this, and will be amazing.

3) Elder Scrolls V (or whatever the next game being made by Bethesda is) - Before I had Live, Oblivion was my favorite game. The size of the world and ability to roam wheverever and do whatever was awesome. The next Elder Scrolls has a tought task in matching Morrowind and Oblivion, but if it comes anywhere close it will be amazing.

4) Mass Effect 2 - The first Mass Effect was amazing. The dialoge was unlike anything I had seen, and the dpeth of the game and number of paths kept me interested for a while. Hopefully Mass Effect 2 will be the same way.

5 ) Borderlands - Somewhat of a sleeper for me. I am cautiously excited about Borderlands. The promise of millions of guns and a random world are exciting, but it makes me wonder how it will be pulled off. If the gameplay is good enough to make the concept work, I could easily become addicted to Borderlands.

As for Halo ODST and Halo Reach, I am not looking forward to either. The concepts are somewhat interesting, but I am just not exicted enough to spend money on either game when there areother games coming out I want more.

3. Kidbomber

Kidbomber Ancient

1 ) Ruse - Saw it on E3 Thought it look amazing and looked more into it and confirmed this.

2 ) Bioshock 2 - Obviously the first game was amazing and so being that the 2 should be just as good or even better.

3 ) Assassins Creed 2 - See above.

4 ) Fallout 3: Las Vegas (If its still being Worked ) - Read about the idea of this and i hope they are still working on this idea. If not then :(

5 ) Left 4 Dead 2 or Rage - Couldn't pick between the two. Both are going to be awesome imo :)

4. Nightfire

Nightfire Ancient

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (360) - Saw their massive new selection of weaponry similar to that of CounterStrike: Source, and I love that game and the guns.

2. Halo 3: ODST (360) - Since the beginning of discovering ODST I've loved them, as you can see in my sig and avi.

3. Assassin's Creed 2 (360) - I enjoyed the first one and the second one seems more interesting with the new ways of killing people and getting around.

4. Starcraft 2 (PC) - The first one and it's expansion were amazing with the very original races and the storyline and characters.

5. Scribblenauts (DS) - Fully artistic fun, looks like an amazingly entertaining puzzle game.

5. Shad0wAssassin5

Shad0wAssassin5 Ancient

1.Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    2.Halo 3: ODST
    3.Borderlands
    4.Left 4 Dead 2
    5. Rage
    6.Homefront

6. 12 inch winner

12 inch winner Ancient

Halo 3 ODST: because the campain looks awesome and thats one of the main reasons i buy video games also for the story line and im looking forward to fire fight

left 4 dead 2: better graphics ,more infected ,more weopons, melee weopons, better enviroments, and thats about it.

halo wars 2: if there ever is going to be one.

bioshock 2: no need to explain bioshock was a kick ass game and i want MOAR NAO! and if theres a multiplayer then thats a plus.

call of duty modern war fare 2: cant think of a reason for that probably because i never played the campaign on the first one because the disk my friend gave me only works with multiplayer so thats all i played .

7. Jimbodawg

Jimbodawg Ancient

Mass Effect 2 - From my experiences with the first one, I can tell you that from the beginning of the game to the end, I was hooked. The gameplay was excellent. Dialogue options were overwhelmingly awesome. It truly revolutionized RPG shooters, expecially with it's amazing storyline. I'm sure the sequel wont fail to do what its predecessor did.

BioShock 2 - The setting of this game truly makes it what it is. The old 50-60's style music brings this game alive in many aspects. The dark eerie mood the game brings sets you on the edge of your seat. I truly loved the plasmids in the first game. I remember stopping rockets in mid-flight with telekinesis, and launching them back at the enemy. Plus, you're in an underwater utopia. How awesome is that?

Assassins Creed II - I enjoyed the first game in the series, but I'm sure Assassins Creed II will feel like a completely different game in many ways. There is so much more to do in the sequel, such as pickpocketing innocent civilians and buying new upgrades with their money. The graphics seems to have a great improvement, and the new day and night cycle brings many new opportunities. There's also a notoriety system, meaning the more missions you complete, the more notorious (wanted) you become.
    ..and, you can now hide in water to evade the enemy.

Borderlands - Combining both the FPS and RPG genre seems to be a big hit these days, but Borderlands isn't exactly repeating what others have done. Having a neat graphics style and an arcade-like feeling to the game, I'm sure this title wont disappoint. There's loads of weapons in the game, and the online play looks fantastic. This is easily my most anticipated game this year. If I could only get one game, this would be it.

Halo 3: ODST - This game looks amazing. With a lot of the campaign taking place at night, I can't wait to see how this changes tactics and gameplay. There's also the new Firefight mode, something Halo fans have been asking for. ..and, the missions are all played on one BIG map, so exploring is something I look forward to, especially with the unlockables.

..and I want MW2. =)

8. ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit Ancient

I can't really number them but here they are:
    • BorderLands-Just cause ive been waiting for a game like this since i was like 8
    • Halo:ODST-Its halo of course
    • Bioshock 2-Loved the first will love the second
    • Modern warfare 2-Just plain want it
    • Assassin's creed 2-Loved the first but want to see how they reacted to the negatives about the first.

9. TehRandomBoi

TehRandomBoi Ancient

Going in order of Excitedness.

1. Halo 3 ODST
    HALO FTW!!!

2. Halo Reach
    HALO FTW!!!

3. Assassin's Creed II
    The first Creed was great, jumping from roof to roof and jumping down on guards, assassination win. Plus, I'm kinda into medieval things like this.

4. Mirror's Edge 2
    I know there's gonna be another one. Parkour is EXTREMELY fun, and it was executed so beautifully in first person. Yes I'm a boy, and I listen to the Veronicas. So really, this isn't any different saying that I loved Mirror's Edge.

5. Modern Warfare 2
    I haven't owned any Call of Duties (simply cause of parents) and I am going to BEG for this one. I've played those gaming booths of COD4, simply awesome.

#29 TehRandomBoi, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  10. Plan B

Plan B Ancient

The reason Im not looking forward to Bioshock 2 is because its not being made by the same people. The multiplayer seems like a gimmick. I just feel like they are trying to bank in on the success the first BS had by hyping the game up and giving almost every popular videogame magazine (GameInformer,GamePro,OXM...) an exclusive insight to the game.

11. J4M NUTST3R

J4M NUTST3R Ancient

1.Modern Warfare 2
    2.Halo3:ODST
    3.Battlefield Bad Company 2
    4.Guitar Hero 5
    5.Gears of War 3

12. hiddenninja17

hiddenninja17 Ancient

1. Halo 3:ODST
    2. Shadow Complex
    3. MAG
    4. Modern Warfare 2
    5. Beatles Rock Band

13. CombatGam3r

CombatGam3r Ancient

1. ODST

2. BioShock 2

3. Mass Effect 2

4. MW2

5. AC2? maybe...

14. GOG TOXIC

GOG TOXIC Ancient

1 Halo 3 Odst
    2 call of duty moddern warfare 2
    3 mass effect 2
    4halo reach
    5 left for dead 2

15. Zerosun

Zerosun Ancient

1. FFXIII/versus
    2. H3: ODST
    3. COD: MW2
    4. GT5
    5. MAG

16. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

5. Guitar Hero 5 - Needed a game for the fifth slot.

4. Halo: Reach - Doesn't rank very high because I don' know much about the game, therefore I have nothing to really be excited about other than it's Halo.

3. Modern Warfare 2 - Not much of a CoD fan, but from what I can tell the game looks different enough from CoD 4 to be worthy of buying it.

2. Halo 3: ODST - Duh.

1. Golden Sun DS - Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age were my favorite RPGs if not favorite games for any handheld. I, along with every other Golden Sun fan was under the understanding that there would never be another Golden Sun game which made us all :(. And now to see that a sequel is on its way has made me more giddy about a video game than any other game before it.

(I made them colorful because I was/am bored.)

17. scapegoat9595

scapegoat9595 Ancient

5. Crackdown 2
    4. Batman Arkham Asylum
    3. Bioshock 2
    2. HALO ODST
    1. MASS EFFECT 2 ( the first one was so good )

18. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

No specific Order:

1) Batman: Arkham Asylum

2) Assassins Creed II

3) Bioshock 2

4) Scribblenauts

5) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

19. Prima

Prima Ancient

1. Halo 3: ODST
    2. Call Of Duty MW 2
    3. Assassin's Creed 2

20. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

4.bioshock 2
    3.ODST
    2.Modern Warfare 2
    1.Scribblenauts- it just looks like such a cool and innovative game. its foe the DS is you have not heard of it. and check it out if you haven't.