Sandbox ToneNOD

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by ShotRangE, Aug 12, 2009.

1. ShotRangE

ShotRangE Ancient

Hello, Thanks for clicking my thread!

I'm pretty much a new member and new at forging. This is my 4th map that I made. All my other maps I made I was pretty much clueless. Before I present my map I would like to give thanks to that guy who made 'forge school' on youtube who taught me how to forge, I used it as an advantage for forging my map :)

I decided to call my map ToneNOD because this is pretty much my first map on sandbox and I didn't know about OLN. Well I STRUGGLED to finish my map and it came out pretty well. And if you spell it ToneNOD backwards it says: DONe - noT then I just reversed it.
    My map is designed only for team slayer becuase I couldn't create anymore spawns.

Weapons:
    6 BattleRifles - 20sec respawn
    2 Snipers - 180sec respawn - 1 spare clip
    1 Mauler - 150sec respawn (I think, kinda forgot)
    4 Sticky Grenades

Red Ramp
    [​IMG]

Red Sniper Spawn
    [​IMG]

Red Jump
    [​IMG]

Red Bridge
    [​IMG]

Front of Red
    [​IMG]

Another View of Front Red/Red Walkway
    [​IMG]

Green
    [​IMG]

Redside Long
    [​IMG]

Looking From Red to Blue Bridge
    [​IMG]

Blue Jump
    [​IMG]

Blue Sniper Spawn
    [​IMG]

Blueside Long
    [​IMG]

Looking From Blue to Red Bridge
    [​IMG]

Blue Ramp
    [​IMG]

Front of Blue
    [​IMG]

Constructive criticism, and point out what I did good will help me for my next map !​

edit: thanks for the people who tested my map and accepted my random invite ;)

stickmanmeyhem
    fsc redneck
    vodka fountain
    used man
    and other people but i forgot their names :(

I couldn't add anything else to my map because I didn't build this map on an OLN thingy majigy, when i try to create any kind of object and I still have like 200 dollars left in my budget it says, "couldn't create object, too many on map" when I haven't even used all the items, it wouldn't even let me create anymore spawns :( Anyways the snipers doesn't over power the map. And thanks for posting because I forgot to say that the sniper has only 1 spare clip. Thanks for replying anyways :)

#1 ShotRangE, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  2. Halacar

Halacar Ancient

Looks good, the forgewordk could be cleaned up a little, but its not bad, pretty unique design from what i can see, i particularly like the sniper bunker.

I do wonder though, does the sniper over power on this map?

If its an MLG map you should say so, otherwise I would diversify the weapons (don't get me wrong, I love MLG, I'm just saying). I would put some carbines on regardless though. They rock.

3. Benzu Akamaru

Benzu Akamaru Ancient

Nice fourth map and first post here at forgehub. I'm glad you think you have the hang of forging... Anyway, this is a little advice to all maps you can ever make in the future that is a usefull tip on how to save space and support all gametypes. Okay, when you start your map, don't delete all the pre-placed spawn points and objective points when you start making a new gametype. This is because these starting objects don't count towards your space, and if you delete them, then you lose space. First, work on the main gametype, in this case Team Slayer. Go to the slayer gametype in forge and move, I repeat: move all the pre-placed spawn points and respawn areas, just pick it up, go through the teleporter to the skybubble(or just move it to wherever in case you're not using the skybubble) and place it. And for all gametypes just move the spawn points and objective points, and if you can't place any more objects on the map: Don't delete the pre-placed objects, because that won't give you another item to work with. Just move the spawn points or objectives to wherever you want them on the map, and viola! Your map will support all gametypes, but be sure to state which gametype the map works best for.
    Other than that, regarding the map, I must say this is some impressive forging for a beginner. Concept 7/10, Design 9/10, Crafting 8/10. Overall 4/5

4. VIBlackDragonIV

VIBlackDragonIV Ancient

This map looks terrific. Everything looks clean and the interlocking is smooth throughout.
    Putting guardrails all along the edges was a good idea because most will complain if you dont and some wont DL.
    The name is quirky but its hard to make names that havent already been used. My only thing is the lack of weaponry but I understand you cant do anything about it.
    Great job posting the map looks great. Kudos (I know what you mean about earlier maps being really bad lol)

5. sSENSE

sSENSE Ancient

The map looks very nice, very good for a beginner. I agree with blackdragon, everything is clean and smooth. I do disagree with blackdragon about the weapon thing. Your map is actually good with the weapons that it has, I noticed that you balanced everything out with the weapons. I tested the map on my other acc and it was great for team slayer and 1v1. I really don't have anything negative to say about the map but i'm going to have to say 4.5/5.

6. ShotRangE

ShotRangE Ancient

Thanks for the advice, it will really help. Another person suggested me using an OLN map, is that the same thing as dragging all the pre-placed objects into one spot? I really don't get it LOL. I'm working on another map and I used an 'OLN' map made by this guy named dream and there were alot of objects down in the crypt and I've been using them to build my map in the skybubble, will I run into that 'glitch where you can't create objects when you have money' ?

Yeah the name sucks, I couldn't think of anything else -.- Anyways thanks for the positive comment, I really appreciate both positive and negative comments ^_^

Thanks for commenting, i'm really proud of this map and I owe it all to that guy who made 'Forge School' and other videos I found on youtube about forging.

7. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

I had fun testing this map, you did good. Just curious, did you check the feedback and make any changes? Your pics here are from the testing games so I can't tell. In particular I would like to see the spawns set up properly for FFA games, and replace a couple colored columns with lights.

#7 Ladnil, Aug 16, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  8. sleeper7642

sleeper7642 Ancient

Nice 4th map! This map reminds me a little of something in Quake 3 I played a long time ago. Your forging and int3rlox are well done, I really like the design, and from what I can tell, the combination of jumps and complex structures make this a map more suited for the hardcore type of players. 9.5/10

9. HeyLetsRace

HeyLetsRace Ancient

I love what you did with the golf flags. I would love to download this map. 5/5