Infection To The Stars

Discussion in 'Halo 4 Archive' started by Elliot, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Elliot

Elliot BIOC
    Forge Critic Senior Member

[​IMG]

To The Stars is a large Free Roam Flood map featuring a large central building and a doughnut vehicle track. Players can choose to traverse the track in the Warthog and two Mongooses, venture into the central building or scavenge the outer structures where most of the weapons can be found. The Flood are very fast, yet weak, creating very hectic gameplay, most notably with the vehicles.

[​IMG][​IMG]

This is the original sketch. I took inspiration from Rats Nest, hence the vehicle track and CQC centre. The main goal with the map was to create a really fun atmosphere for vehicular gameplay, pioneered in 8 o'clock Reminiscence, Parts Unknown and Raptors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are jumps, short cuts and extra routes that vehicles can take to get away from any oncoming Flood.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The central building is the heart of the map, breaking sight-lines, while being an interesting area to hold out in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The outlying areas can be more dangerous with little backup, but with a large enough group you can do well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moar Warthog images!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Flood spawn from up in the mountain and down near the edge of the asteroid as well as on top of some buildings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The initial spawns.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few more images for good measure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers guys! <3​

#1 Elliot, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  2. REMkings

REMkings BIOC
    Forge Critic Senior Member

This is definitely one of my favourite maps in Halo 4.
    Everything just looks so clean. I admire your usage of the blocks, especially the walls. Not many people go that much into depth to make a structure look believable. And not only did you use interesting blocks to build the outer walls, you also used a great combination of black, white and neon colours, turning it into a gorgeous piece of eye candy.

Same for the Warthog track. It makes sense and the jumps aren't forced. If you happen to be the gunner and have someone who knows his way around the map such as its creator drive you around, you'll also be in the lucky position to learn many new ways to drive the track going through buildings and over bridges, which makes it even more fun.
    I think you nailed it with the gametype, providing the Warthog drivers a good time but without any pay-offs for the zombies, who will also still be guaranteed to enjoy their time chasing it.

Overall definitely an awesome build, bound to become one of the classics. Deserves a feature just like Our Daily Bread already does. There aren't many great Infection forgers like you, Elliot. You've pulled off yet another gem to play on.

#2 REMkings, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  3. s0uldier

s0uldier Promethean

could you add more pictures? I can't really get a good feel of the map with so few pics... haha