Title = Crying sad face....

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Stevo, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I've been working on a project for the last four weeks and its hit the object limit wall :(

It's about 80% completed, with only 1 half of one of the bases remaining.. however, i still need to place spawn points aswell, i only kept so many OLN objects seen as though the canvas items were all placed where i needed to construct my map :(

Im wondering, is there any glitch discovered to get rid of this object limit crap? I'm becoming really depressed, because if i have to remake this map for the fifth time due to shitty restrictions im gonna go ape ****.

this is what i have so far, and i think you'll agree its a waste that such a map cant be finished :(

View from starting point
    [​IMG]

View of Red sniper to red shaft
    [​IMG]

View of Red Window/Landing
    [​IMG]

Red Shaft / Shotgun Spawn
    [​IMG]

View out of Red Shaft / Shotgun Spawn
    [​IMG]

Basement View to Rockets / Bottom Mid
    [​IMG]

Bottom of Red Stairs to Basement
    [​IMG]

Red Stairs
    [​IMG]

Red Stairs to Red Sniper
    [​IMG]

Bottom Mid
    [​IMG]

Top Mid
    [​IMG]

And blue side.....

[​IMG]

#1 Stevo, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  2. G043R

G043R Ancient

I don't know of a Glitch around object limit but I know a few tricks to reducing objects used. Care to meet me over XBL and see if I can work some tricks into it?

MAP LOOKS FREAKEN SWEET I would love to see if we can move this 80 to a 100 percent done.

There is countless new ideas in this...
    Sniper spawn Ledge,

I'm a little lost on Flag placement...is that basically a cubi for the objective plots? I feel that is a prime frag point.

Other then that, this looks almost play worthy, hope we can over come this LIMIT and see it done.

3. B3NW

B3NW Ancient

Gopher, Ironicly steve is another of my friends -.-

Seriously man, I feel bad now that you gotta remake it again! Did you use OLN canvas budget glitched? Iv'e heard there is one..

4. Stevo

Thanks G043R, the flag is there because it makes the distance between both flag scoring sections 20 seconds, which if someone dies, they have 10 seconds to stop the enemy after respawn... It just basically makes it that little bit harder to capture as opposed to 14 seconds if it were at the sniper spawn.

I do actually have A LOT of objects down bottom, but these are for ghost merging and budget glitching.. are you online now?

5. G043R

G043R Ancient

DON'T REMAKE IT JUST YET!... I'm a professional when it comes to this... Really wait and let me take a look, just see how many objects you need and work from there.

Generally my methods are to take the number of objects you need and SQUEAZZE the limit to work for you. Like a great example is people waste budget in ways they often don't see. Cosmic rick Placed a double box in the middle of something once and if you dig you will noticed all you have to do is replace them to make 3 objects 2 sometimes. Do this enough and you can finish your map.

PLOX let me fix it.. I'll even jump on line right now.

#5 G043R, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  6. x DREAM 76 x

x DREAM 76 x New World Man

The only way to get more pieces would be to use an OLN canvas from the get go and money glitch the map. What did you do with the 73 respawn points??

7. Stevo

Budget Glitch OLN, but i deleted scenery pieces because they were all placed in the roof, which is where my map is, i dont really like gm OLN because they tend to glitch out and **** up with me :(

and i know ^ was a stupid thing to do....

8. Bubba Doongai

Bubba Doongai Forerunner

Damn Bungie and their stupid OLN! Unfortunately I don't know any way to get past it, I had the same problem with one of my maps. But this is amazing, I want to have sex with this map. My favourite part is probably the bit under the middle, something about those support beam things looks really awesome. Please don't give up on this, otherwise I'll cry :cry:

9. Stevo

Thanks.. its not so much that i wont give up on the map.. its just its taken 4 weeks to get to this stage... and its gonna be at least another week if i have to restart for the fifth time :(

its a map for an up and coming map pack by me and b3nw

10. x DREAM 76 x

Um, you still didn't answer my question. What did you do with the free 73 respawn points??

11. MW2sucks

MW2sucks Forerunner

It sucks you ran out of room.
    It was starting to look like a really good map too.

12. Dobam

Dobam Ancient

Hey Steve ! Im making a map pack with almodt the same kind of map but me its for TD an 1V1 map . So could we make a post with your map pack and my ?

13. Stevo

Sorry, i deleted most of them tbh, i couldnt be arsed moving them all out the way when i started construction.. i didnt think object limit was that small :(

no, and with things i've seen people say with "your" maps.. i'd appreciate it if my design ideas on this map arent stolen and put into one of "your" maps

14. x DREAM 76 x

Well, If you can't be bothered to move them, then your just going to have to deal with the fact that the map is going to fall short. Oh well. :haha:

15. Dobam

Dobam Ancient

Maybe make your map asymetrical ? You will have more object and more sweet desing !

16. Stevo

Sorry to gravedig, but for all of you who were expecting me to remake this map..

I now cant,

Ive been trying to budget glitch OLN GM, and it just doesnt work.. The item can get into the GM form, but i cant align it properly before hand because the item resets itself upright after doing so.

Then, once i plce the item. The item itself is then invisible for the other rounds involved...

With this, its gonna be impossible to recreate the map with the accuracy i needed for it. I'm afraid this map is never gonna see the light of day :'(

17. Noxiw

Noxiw Ancient

It looks really epic, mind if I download it, I may may recreate it, (giving you initial credit) I just love some of the ideas incorporated into this.
    It's all up to you though.

18. Rorak Kuroda

Rorak Kuroda Up All Night

Faicpalm.

You're dealing with OLN Ghost merging, which means before you ghost merge an object, you have to align it with a brace, save/quit, then do the ghost merge. That way the item will "reset itself" in the position you want. Also, right after doing the ghost merge, save/quit again so that the object doesn't appear as invisible. By doing all this, you can Ghost merge OLN objects with accuracy.

19. Stevo

If i still have it, i think i rage deleted the 6 versions xD

However, if you want you can remake using the same concept..

^ screw that xD

20. What's A Scope?

What's A Scope? Ancient

What was the purpose of building it in that location?