TITAN: Gigantic UNSC Carrier

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by cheezbob, Jun 8, 2008.

1. The Last Donut

The Last Donut Ancient

Whoops, double post!

2. Hyp3roptic

Hyp3roptic Ancient

I 5 stared this and downloaded it. It is really really good, plays farely well and looks awesome. Would have looked better if you would have used energy blockers for the engines, to make it look more real. If you know what i mean.

great job!

3. Actually cool

Actually cool Ancient

This is by far the best ship map iv'e ever played on, the ship looks like it could actually fly, the inside is awesom, the size is incredible, I could not imagine the time it took. I do have a few concerns, that being said, it is difficult to land the tank off the back of the carrier, I don't undrstand what the jump at the base of the ship is for. Second, whats with the random teleporter on the top of the map, and I noticed a few weird inconsistenceis, like a equipment on one side of the ship, and not on the other. I found that getting into the ship from the ground was a little difficult, you should have a direct teleporter to the inside of the ship. I think that the "basement" and "attic" levels of the ship are far to under developed, they are just dark areas that serve no real purpose.

4. ToochieHxC

ToochieHxC Ancient

i am very impressed. very well made and it looks really cool. you have very good screenshots too. nice one :]

5. cheezbob

cheezbob Ancient

Thanks for the post. Im gonna try to answer some of your questions.

You asked what the tele at the top of the map was for. When editing the very top of the ship, it was easier for me to edit it from above the map barrier. I left the tele there, disconnected of course, so that people could go up there and see the top of the ship if they wanted.

You said that it is difficult to land the tank off the back. Well, the ship is way the heck above the ground, so in reality, you probably not want to drive a giant armored battle tank out of the hanger of a flying spaceship, but i do understand your concern. Mostly, I use the tank for more of a defensive roll, keeping it in the hangar and using the big cannon to blow up borders.

You said you did not understand what the jump on the base of the ship was for. By jump, i assume you mean the man cannon at the back. it is there so that if there are no hornets or banshees currently available, there is still a way on board the ship.

You also thought that the "basement and "attic of the ship were underdeveloped and served no real purpose. Well, first of all, most parts of most aesthetic maps serve no real purpose other than look cool. But, these parts actually play a key role in objective games, such ass assualt or territories, because they can be used for hiding places. And as for them being "underdeveloped",by which I assume you mean that they do not have any furniture in them, my budget was at 0 and i was about to overload the map, and because those parts of the map were just maintainance access ways in the first place, I figured that they did not need furniture and I should save the furniture for other parts of the map.

As for the question about inconsistent equipment placement, you would have to be more specific, because i do not quite understand what you mean.

I hope i have answered your questions sufficiently and if you have any more you can ask me anytime.

6. BattyMan

BattyMan Ancient

Ha! You spawn on the little seats, that's great.

This is probably the first ship map that was not only nice to look at but also fun to explore. The multiple levels and compartments really capture the feel of riding in a big space ship. You feel like you're not just standing on a bunch of boxes, an element missing in almost all other ship maps.

7. Actually cool

Actually cool Ancient

Cheez, thanks for answering my questions, to be more specific about the inconsistent equipment, there are places were for instance, theres two "drop-pod" like compartments, on either side of the main hall way, one has a grav-lift in it, and the other does not. I haven't noticed many others, maby like one or two, but the weird equipment placement is bugging me. Yes I know its an athstetic, but a good ship map like this is fun to play on.

8. cheezbob

cheezbob Ancient

The grav lift is a secondary meathod to access the top floor. Only one is necessary.

9. JakeWaffles

JakeWaffles Ancient

I was checking out your haunted mansion before this and wow. Best house map ever and then best ship ever!!! 5 stars!

10. murdermac

murdermac Ancient

holy crap that is amazing. best ship since drednaught. hint: set it up for infection and make some back story of how the flood made it on the ship

11. cheezbob

cheezbob Ancient

Thanks, I don't much care for dreadnaught much, the inside is too small in my opinion.

12. Fillmore Roy

Fillmore Roy Ancient

Holy crap dude... Giant ships are my sweet spot, and this is probably the best ship I've EVER seen. You should consider going into spaceship-themed machinima sets. (spell-check plz) The backstory is great, and the the pics are very well-done. This is a definite download for me. Anywho, I will run around in Forge for a bit, then I'll gather up my thoughts and comments and add them to this post. This looks like a great time...

EDIT: My expectations were met, and there was even more than that. The ship is so well done, it almost seemed as if it were map geometry. The bridge-like area with the three "seats" and a giant window to look out of was very realistic, and it had a purpose - keep watch on what the boarders were doing. The rest of the ship was great, but the vents on the bottom of the ship were a little troublesome getting to them, and walking through the vents was tough since you had to jump a lot. Also, the drop-out area right next to where you get in the vents is a little annoying since I fell out unintentionally many, many times. A wall in place of the sheild door would be a bit more user-friendly. And, the barricades that are acting as steps could be moved to the scorpion to immobilize it, preventing n00bs from driving it out and essentially getting it destroyed.

In the end, this is the best ship I've ever downloaded. Dreadnaught pales in comparison to this, so here's your grade...

[​IMG]

If possible, even higher.

#52 Fillmore Roy, Jun 12, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  13. bam3214

bam3214 Ancient

wow. amazing 5/5

14. AoD Deadite

AoD Deadite Ancient

I love this map. Its alittle hard to get up into from the ground

15. cheezbob

cheezbob Ancient

Yeah. I wanted to create a realistic boarding experience, meaning i did not have a teleporter up to the ship. Attackers must fly up and land in the hangars or they can use the hornets to drop people off on the side of the ship and sneak in through the drop pods next to the bridge

EDIT: To prevent confusion, I'm saying that in the original post.

16. G043R

G043R Ancient

I am working with your map to change the color green would you like to see the final product?

17. cheezbob

cheezbob Ancient

Sure, i guess i would, but the boxes are all random colors and even if you keep spawning boxes until you get one with a certain color, it changes every time a new game starts, making the time you took to get the certain color redundant.

18. The Last Donut

The Last Donut Ancient

19. Ether

Ether Ancient

****ing amazing aesthetics.

20. Kolath

Kolath Ancient

WOW that is amazing u definetly got my DL i like the entire idea its that great i will give a rating of 11/10