Sandbox Tiles

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Battle Pony, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Battle Pony

Battle Pony Ancient

Tiles
    Players : 4-8
    Map Used : Sandbox (Sky Bubble)
    Gametypes Available : All except for Oddball, and Assault (However Neutral Assault works perfectly fine)
    Symmetry : This is a symmetrical map.
    Description :
    This is a map that forces players to be weary and watch their step. There are two small bases, one for red, and one for blue, and both are connected to a center raised platform. To get to other areas of the map, you must jump from tile to tile. These tiles are evenly spaced throughout the map, and you must jump from each one to reach your intended destination.

Each team's base includes a banshee, a transport hornet, a spartan laser, a missile pod, four battle rifles, four assault rifles, 4 plasma grenades, and 4 frag grenades. Other weapons, equipment, and grenades, are also assorted evenly on various tiles on the map (Everything stated here was placed with reasonable respawn times, and playtested with these respawn times and were adjusted accordingly).

This map has definately had some really epic, and really fun moments shared with me and my friends. The frequent dogfights with the aerial vehicles, and strategies involving my map that I would've never thought of were just bewildering to say the least. I have had some good times with this map, and I hope anyone else interested here will too.

That's all there really is to it. For anyone out there reading this, I thank you, and hope you download and enjoy this map.

Thanks =]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Battle Pony, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  2. Gamefreak1792

Gamefreak1792 Ancient

You need pics on your thread otherwise your gonna have it locked

3. Captain Forge

Captain Forge Ancient

you have 24 hours untill it is locked, get pics!

4. Battle Pony

Battle Pony Ancient

oops, sorry! I'll get them up asap, sorry this was my first post ever, i'll get on it

edit: alright, the pics are up, sorry about that

#4 Battle Pony, Mar 20, 2009
  5. DRO Maelstrom

DRO Maelstrom Ancient

Your screenshots do not work. You can't just copy and paste the URL from bungie.net. That will not work.

Sorry if this is a hassle for you. It is kinda sofisticated for members who have never done this before. Luckily for you, there's an easier way to do this than how we originally learned. Go to this thread: http://www.forgehub.com/forum/announcements/59574-haloscreenshots-net.html.

You can use the screenshot URLs from there. It's ten times easier than using photobucket. I'm still waiting to see the map.

6. Battle Pony

Battle Pony Ancient

Thank you soo much for being patient with me, they should be up and working now.

7. patt06snipe

patt06snipe Ancient

Ooo! I would hate playing here for a team slayer map...haha but it would be so fun for messing around on. This is really cool. 4/5.

8. Gamefreak1792

Gamefreak1792 Ancient

No offense but it looks wayyyy to simple. Theres nothing at the bases to act as a barrier and the 2 banshees and 2 hornets could be way to overpowering with such little cover. sorry but until theres more cover or something i gotta give it a 2/5

9. Battle Pony

Battle Pony Ancient

Just looking at the map and actually playing it are two different things, but whatever, you're entitled to your opinion, and through playtests, the banshees, and hornets (which are transport hornets, by the way) don't fall out of place at all. They fit in perfectly with the map, at least, in my opinion, and the map isn't really meant to be that complex. It's a simple, yet fun design.

#9 Battle Pony, Mar 20, 2009
  10. Darkastic

Darkastic Ancient

With all the jumping required, how are we supposed to attack? We have to pretty much stop moving to attack. Just make all the weapons powerful, like all rockets/splazers...I can't imagine shooting a BR.....jump....blap blap....jump....blap....jump

11. Battle Pony

Battle Pony Ancient

well, one, you can jump and shoot at the same time, and two, that's what adds to the gimmick of the map. It's not as "in the way" as you may think.