Sandbox Threshold

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Pel, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Pel

Pel Ancient

Threshold
    *Version 2*

Created by: Pel and Puppythiefer

Map Description:
    Designed primarily for SWAT, Threshold boasts some great features. It is a symmetric map designed for highly competetive gameplay. It features two opposing bases, two side bases and four corner bases, or "BR Towers". Threshold also offers multi-tierd gameplay, with no one level controlling the map. There are three levels in which to fight, each having a different tactical advantage. Spawns are set up well, aswell as weapon placement, which went through a few changes to balance gameplay.

Recommended Gametypes:
    This works ONLY with Slayer variants. Team SWAT, Team Snipers, Team Slayer and FFA Slayer recommended.
    -V2 is now setup for all gametypes!!!

Weapons/Equipment:
    (Weapon:Respawn Rate:Spare Clips)
    x1 Rocket Launcher:180:0
    x2 Sniper Rifle:120:1
    x2 Brute Shot:90:1
    x1 Shotgun:120:1
    x2 Needler:90:1
    x4 SMG:30:2
    x4 Spiker:30:2
    x2 Covenant Carbine:45:1
    x8 Battle Rifle:20:2
    x4 Magnum:30:2
    x2 Regenerator:60
    x2 Bubble Sheild:60
    x2 Flare:60
    x2 Trip Mine:60

Pictures:

Overview
    [​IMG]

Sniper Perch(Not Sniper Spawn)
    [​IMG]

Corner Base
    [​IMG]

Rocket Spawn(Top Mid)
    [​IMG]

Sniper Spawn
    [​IMG]

Brute Shot Spawn(Side Base)
    [​IMG]

Shotgun Spawn(Shotgun Hall/Bottom Mid)
    [​IMG]

Lift to Sniper Perch
    [​IMG]

Download Links:
    Link to map: HERE
    Link to original SWAT gametype: HERE

-Please download, rate, comment and enjoy!

#1 Pel, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  2. iTz Longshot

iTz Longshot Ancient

very nice map. i never thought/seen the type of layout with two obelisk from pict.#6 for some reason. i like the bottom mid/shotgun hall, giving different glows and easly reach able with gun fire. the corner base was alos pretty interesting, not alot ov cover, but thats probly the point. good map, ill DL and ahve fun

3. Pel

Pel Ancient

I hope you enjoy it as much as me and Puppythiefer did. We played a few games on here and, I've got to say, it plays remarkably. Shotgun Hall is pretty cute, isn't it?

Come on, people! Will you at least comment so I know what to improve? I'm going to make a V2, but I need to know what to change. All help is appreciated. ;)

#3 Pel, Apr 22, 2009
  4. DeadEye95

DeadEye95 Ancient

this map is awesome, man. you should make more maps like this. you and Puppythiefer did a good job making this. i like the shotgun hall and the sniper perch. the rocket spawn is cool too. 5/5!

5. Pel

Pel Ancient

Well, DeadEye, I'm glad you like it. Puppythiefer and I worked pretty well together on this map. He had the main idea of the map layout, and I added some details into it and did the weapon layout and spawns. I would've added more spawns, but we hit the item limit and had to sacrifice some pretty sweet looking thing in order to perfect the spawns. The Rocket Spawn and Shotgun Hall were all Puppy's ideas, and we both made the Sniper Perch. I made some significant geometry changes, such as Brute Shot Spawn, but Puppy did most of the main layout. Like I said, I'm glad you like it. Maybe we can get together tonight and play a game of SWAT, eh?

6. Sikamikanico

Sikamikanico Video Team #corruptstaff
    Forge Critic

It looks really good Pel. The layout is interesting too - I'll give it a download and come back to you with any further thoughts.

7. Pel

Pel Ancient

Sounds like a plan. I can't wait to hear peoples' thought about gameplay, though. Can you play a game on it and tell me how you found the gameply? I though it was solid, but I want someone else's opinion.

#7 Pel, Apr 23, 2009
  8. Bipolar Mushroom

Good map dude! It looks like a really good map for MLG, maybe you should set it up for that. I like the sniper perch and the shotgun tunnel, pretty nice. This map looks good symmetrical

9. Pel

Pel Ancient

It's not set up for MLG, but SWAT plays really good on here. I'm updating the post now to include the V2 download. Me and Puppythiefer seem to be getting some good feedback about the Sniper Perches and Shotgun Hall. I may make a MLG version of the map, now that you say it. It seems like a good map for MLG. I'll try it and get back to you on it.

EDIT: V2 is now up.

#9 Pel, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  10. Love Slice

Love Slice Ancient

I know you want some gameplay feedback, but unfortunately I've only been able to do a forge-through. Just by walking around I could tell that it was meant for SWAT. There is cover where you need it and the lines of sight are good. Although the center structure is a little cramped, I think it works well. My only complaint so far is the obelisk area in picture #6. I'm not really sure what to do with it, but it is too cluttered and awkward. Maybe move the fins or something. I'm sure you'll figure something out :)

Good job, I'll run a SWAT match on it if my friends get on later. Keep up the good work.

11. Pel

Pel Ancient

Thanks in advance for running a game on here. For some reason, after doing a lot of moving from the middle floor to the Crypt and vice-versa, after I set up all the objectives and such CTF, Assault, and VIP don't work. I went back into Forge and the objectives for the above gametypes are not there(yes, I changed the gametype). I'm super pissed, because I hit the Item Limit and can't remake them. :mad:

12. Puppythiefer

Puppythiefer Ancient

UPDATE!!!1!!11!!1!! Threshold is now tweaked to support slayer variants using regenerating grenades, invisible rockets and infinite ammo at 300 speed and 50 gravity! Don't forget nova!!!1!!1!!111!111one

13. master kief

master kief Ancient

Great uses for the Y-intersection tubes!

14. Pel

Pel Ancient

Try this map with the game traits that Puppythiefer suggested. That is such s good gametype!!! [/sarcasm]

@ master kief- Try to include a more detailed post. You are spamming the forums IMO. When you comment on a map, try to tell the author(s) what they could improve, as well as your thoughts about how the map would/does play.

15. Callum

Callum Ancient

Hey Canadians360 showed me this map you and Puppythiefer really pump out the maps quick WTG. I liked this map but sometimes I do get stuck for a few seconds in the sniper hole. It looks great and plays fairly well. It is also fairly smooth. You guys have some great teamwork. I take it you handle a bit more of the posting questions and answer things than Puppythifer, and in tern he does a little more forgework. It pays off. 4.5/5

If the map was functional for all gametypes and I didn't det stuck in the snipe hole it could be 5/5 sry don't like redownloading maps to get all the game variants (nothing personal)

JK he didn't realy say that

#15 Callum, May 4, 2009
    Last edited: May 6, 2009
  16. Pel

Pel Ancient

Yes, Callum. Puppythiefer did more of the forgework on Doomestownburg and this, while I handle posting the map and answering questions. However, my upcoming maps will be made by me alone, with the exception of a few suggestions from Val and perhaps Pupythiefer.

17. Puppythiefer

Puppythiefer Ancient

Forgin' up a storm, today, hopefully. Also, we need to run Make A Martyr.

18. Pel

Pel Ancient

I'll have to post Make a Martyr in the Tester's Guild so we can get some players. I'll see if we can get a few games running on it this week...

19. xxluke1225

xxluke1225 Ancient

Wow this map looks great, very symmetrical from the overhead view. I havent seen too many good maps in the "Crypt", and this looks awesome. I like the idea of the shotgun tunnel. I'll give it a DL, but unfortunately my Xbox has come down with the E74 error, so I won't be able to test it for a few weeks, since I sent it in yesterday. Looks great from the pics tho, keep it up!

20. Pel

Pel Ancient

That sucks that you have E74, but when it is repaired I'm sure that you'll love the map. It is certainly symmetrical, and the Shotgun Hall is kind of a hotspot during games. However, the bulk of the action takes place on the ground around Shotgun Hall.