This Happen To You?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Sgt Grabow, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Sgt Grabow

Sgt Grabow Ancient

How Many times have you started a map with one idea and work on it. But you make something that you kinda like the feel of or look. And your one map has suddenly turned into something completely new and different from what you went in to make? It happens almost every time to me. But its cool cause you can still just go back and remake your original idea thus giving you two maps.

2. DRO Maelstrom

DRO Maelstrom Ancient

It's funny because that almost never happens to me. If I don't know exactly what I want to do I often find myself halfway through a map and I will never finish it.

If I put deep thought into a map and think about exactly where I want everything and do the dimensions in my head.

For example, I'm thinking up a map that is based on the movie Jumper. So far it's going to be infection but I might change it to one-sided VIP.

For the map I was going to use a lot of teleporters (which require a lot of thought so they won't get camped).

I'm not giving anything else away but I have no idea when I'll start forging it. There are several things I want to include but I'll probably run out of walls.....Damn Bungie, shortchanged again

3. iversonrocks03

iversonrocks03 Ancient

LOL that's only not happened to me once

4. Snipers Stealth

Snipers Stealth Ancient

This occasionally happens to me, but i'm a bit of a perfectionist and maps can take me a while, so i tend to 'meet in the middle' rather than double up.

5. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

Generally my ideas just mutate and get bigger.
    eg i start out bored and amke a cops n robbers map.
    then i decide to make it work for slayer
    then i add an extra tunnel around the arena
    then i add an upstairs
    then i decide to add more gametypes
    then i figure something cool out and add that in
    then accidnetly fuse a stairs with the ceiling(oops)
    then i go **** out of money and start again with a glitched canvas
    then i add something....
    You get the idea

6. Nicko

Nicko Ancient

What happens to me really sucks... I start a map and it is going well and I like it and everything. The next day I hate my idea and erase it.

7. spacemarine

spacemarine Ancient

Yeah! that happens to me all of the time! I started making my latest map as a pyramid, but it turned into a rectangular arena somehow. :squirrel_wtf:

8. PandaMan

PandaMan Ancient

:squirrel_jaffa: Yeah this happens to me a lot. ESpecially when i have friends over to my house, or forging with friends on live, or even when forging by myself!!!!! :squirrel_jaffa: :squirrel_rocking: :squirrel_rant: