The Wall

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Dingo lad/Spoon, May 7, 2008.

1. Dingo lad/Spoon

Dingo lad/Spoon Ancient

thanks for the good feeedback...

i do agree that it can look a little bare it does when you first look at it i do think i might add a few bits here and there but i really want to keep away from cluttering it with stuff lol any suggestions what i could put down?

and the character i dont know i think its got charatcter lol just not an overly obvious one but it is something you notice when playing deffinately with the wall in between both bases.... that was my original idea to have a neutral object that was part of the scenery that the level could work around i think it came out ok lol .....

but thanks for the great feedback on this map and glad to see its being appreciated at last!

any way any sugestions welcome il be working on the next version over the next few days or so and il be working on this maps successor which should be intresting ....

2. SargentKrusty

SargentKrusty Ancient

This looks pretty good. It's clean and thought out. And you avoided cluttering. Kudos!

3. sheepdog136

sheepdog136 Ancient

looks pretty good

4. Old PatchworkZombie

Yer, nice map. Good first post too. Overall it's great. 4-star vote from me.

5. vinco onmia

vinco onmia Ancient

Imagine how boss this would be with snipers

6. Tex

Tex Ancient

AWESOME!!!!! i hit "next thread" on accident, then slipped into this, and like that one dude said...

"one word:

WOW!"

7. H3C x Nevz

H3C x Nevz Ancient

The interlocking looks awesome. This looks like a lot of fun, with just about any party size.

8. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

Great first post, nice interlocking, but I heard about edges geting stuck on? You should fix that.

9. Dingo lad/Spoon

Dingo lad/Spoon Ancient

wow thanks for the great reception of the map! =D

to the person above about snipers yes it is a good map for that lol the first thing i tested!

and thanks for the 4 star rating aswell.....

and if one word describes what people think of it and that word is wow i take it thats a good thing for a map lol

and to the person abouve yes it is brilliant for any size party even 1v1 its pretty fun to play!

10. The Hudacris

The Hudacris Ancient

Amazing for a first post and is 100% up to ForgeHub standards. In fact I will actually download this.

11. H3C x Nevz

H3C x Nevz Ancient

Hey dude, maybe to add to this map, how about a floating catwalk bridge like the ones on the sides of Onslaught?

12. LXV Grizzly

LXV Grizzly Ancient

looks decent, nothing very special or unique about it though, to cookie cutter for me, I like creativity

13. texturedlemur

texturedlemur Ancient

Great post and the map looks fun i will DL.

14. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

There's so many maps with the word "wall" in them

15. Nitrous

Nitrous Ancient

I'm going to address this map with the images you have provided.

[​IMG]

You need to add more obstacles to the map. It seems as though your holding the player's hand while he goes throughout the map. Delete one or both of the dumpsters to keep people from going willy nilly all over the map.

Look at the pit for some guidance. How annoying is it to know that you have to get up to a platform but the only way to get to it is the way you came? It creates competitive gameplay if people have to plan out their routes. Not have the map mold around every way they want to go.

[​IMG]

In this image three out of five ways to enter a single base are shown. That is a lot of entrances. Again that creates a hand holding effect on the player. It certainly keeps the game at a quick pace but you lose all strategy for getting to an area or a weapon.

Overall it looks like a pretty good map. Just needs some gameplay fine tuning.

16. Dingo lad/Spoon

Dingo lad/Spoon Ancient

i do agree with what you just pointed out about the map, you have picked out the one main point that has been rectified in the newer version of the map having to many dumpsters about was always a worry really, now thats been solved i think ......

but i do agree with what you said and i do think its kept its fast moving gameplay but still maintains some skill to using the map in a game....

but thanks for that =D its helped me spot a few flaws in there lol

17. BlueMasterChief

BlueMasterChief Ancient

how did u get the open crate thing so it locks like hal way thru the ground?

18. Dingo lad/Spoon

Dingo lad/Spoon Ancient

i didnt make it go half way through the floor?

do you mean the bunkers in the bases? if soo i used a few walls piled up for that trick but it creates problesms with those boxes there as they are.....