The Wall Gadget

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by kayaman132, Jul 14, 2008.

1. a pmp nmd slkbk

a pmp nmd slkbk Ancient

np dude....=] just trying to help and this reusable thingy i made would make maps SO much batter....lol Mt Kilamanjaro got 1000 dlds in a day but anytime (except now) i could help you install it or whatever

2. Tex

Tex Ancient

Not trying to bring in offtopic discussion, but if you got 1k in a day, I feel bad for your hopes after that, because your dl's fell to the ground after that...

It's almost been a month, and you have 1300 something...

Sorry, I'm done.

3. a pmp nmd slkbk

a pmp nmd slkbk Ancient

because everybody had already had it for a day and i made it for the switch mostly...and not many people see it soooo, but whatever dude if they drop....its because people have had it already

4. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

It always happens to a good map unless its on like Bungie Favs

5. American10

American10 Ancient

ooo, tex you a lil harsh there?Well anyway i got an idea for the v2 of this switch.Ill show you like tomorrow or late tonight.

[offtopic]My map got 1k downloads in a day two.Its very unbelievable to get 1k dls a day ang keep getting the same rate.I got 1k dls the first day now i only get about 1k a week.[/offtopic]

6. a pmp nmd slkbk

a pmp nmd slkbk Ancient

whatever you guys if im gonna get criticized for trying to help this guy then ill just leave the thread.....

by saying i got 1k in a day i meant that the resettable min/max switch can do a map good and i mean that kayaman could use this but whatever...

7. COMMANDERMATT1

COMMANDERMATT1 Ancient

its a really nice switch. if i had enough stuff to make it i would put it in my switch map but i just remembered that i only have one grav-lift left so the min-max thing wouldnt work to well.

8. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

This gadget gave me a great idea for a map, and I'm already done most of the easier stuff. It looks very good, and I continued from what kaya started with :D

Hopefuly it'll be done soon.

9. The SEEJ

The SEEJ Ancient

this would go great with a symmetrical assault game. you could use the mechanism to keep the opposing team from taking the easiest route to you base.

purely ingenious creation my man

10. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

nice. Thats all i have to say, i love the barrage of dumpsters that come, but couldnt you cross the barrier of dumpsters before they shoot across??

11. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

Yes, but once they're across you cant cross anymore.

12. FreshCherry

FreshCherry Ancient

Longest....switch.....EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! w00t!!!!!!

13. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

At the Start of the game, how did you keep them dumpsters shut? On my map, they keep closing at the start of a game, defeating the purpose.

14. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

If you're doing it forge then you need start a new round for it to work properly.

15. Hertz381

Hertz381 Ancient

Up for download

16. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

In Custom Games it does the same O.O

EDIT: Nevermind, has something lose near the mechanism causing it to explode.

#56 Bloo Jay, Jul 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  17. xkevlarpro

xkevlarpro Ancient

It's flawless. I Love it, I really do. This is definitely the best way to close up an entire wall. But it takes up a lot of space(?)

18. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Not really. He's built a complex structure around it yea but other than something to guide the dumpsters, the grave lifts, four power ups, two fusion coils (hell if you merge the two power ups that push the fusion coils you could even only use one fusion coil) and the dumpsters themselves.

You can set the fusion coils to fall anywhere as long as it's high enough for them to blow up.

19. haseoice

haseoice Ancient

awesome switch, i like the fusion coil part... never would have thought of making something spawn inside of them to shove them off an edge to destroy a grav lift!
    just if i were to put this in my map, it would take up too much space and maybe use too much supplies, but if i can find a way to make it work, i will be happy... thanks for the switch, and i WILL give you credit if i use it.

20. a pmp nmd slkbk

a pmp nmd slkbk Ancient

eh, still not that great......hasnt been reset yet.....its been done soooo many times b4, and its a big wall, coyotes slide door is the same but its reusable and more reliable.......