The Vent

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by xUK Ex ToXiiCz, Sep 16, 2008.

?

Am I a map thief?

1. No

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Most definitely

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xUK Ex ToXiiCz

xUK Ex ToXiiCz Ancient

The Vent is a map with a twist while some of your friends go down the vent none of them will come back up alive. The objective(if your not down the vent) is to hit various items down melee of just run in to it and the cannon man will shoot at high speeds towards the end of the tunnel this is were the challenge comes for the people who are down the vent they have to survive for as long as possible without getting killed...

i know it looks a bit messy but it is mainly for the fun. . .

[​IMG]
    The outside of The Vent

[​IMG]
    The vent itself this is where the people who are going down will go down...

[​IMG]
    And have to survive these!!! just some of the many items that the attackers can utilise.

well you can download the map here }}--> Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing<--{{

Comment on This map please oh and also
    please Download as it offers lots of fun and vote in the poll!!!

- xUK Ex ToXiiCz

2. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

it isn't very origanal i dont think and i have seen betters but i think really any type of this is good fun so i might DL it later

KB likes this.
  3. drak

drak Ancient

umm dude, i'm sorry, but if you took a look around the forums, you'd see that there have been maps exactly like this one, with exactly the same name, and not to flame you, but there won't be a lot of this:
    like im sorry and all, but thats just not the solution here......

Anyways, if you feel I have been too harsh, don't take it that way, as I see you have much potential, because from the pictures, I can see you have potential at being a great forger.....
    If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

EDIT: DONT RATE YOUR OWN POLLS!!!!!!

4. Doodletheory

Doodletheory Ancient

i downloaded this a couple of months ago of someones fileshare but it still is an alright map.

5. xUK Ex ToXiiCz

xUK Ex ToXiiCz Ancient

i no its coz i just got forgehub im trying to put all my maps on. ive got it on my file share and alot of ppl have downloaded it.

6. STEClash96

STEClash96 Ancient

No offence or anything but you did'nt make this map Because I've played the exact same version before and think that it's just a waste of space on my hardrive in my opinion. This map is also really old dude. Make something new and cool dude, Seriously, You'll get much more downloads for it. 3.25/5 seeing that this is'nt your map, and here on ForgeHub, You have to make maps from start to finish, I know it's hard to make but it usually pays off when your playing it. Like 2 of my up coming maps, UNSC Dialga is a large space ship that is finished and my map that is in progress, ODST Training. Nice try though.

EDIT: I don't think that you know forging 101 techniques, Here's the link to forge like a master: http://www.forgehub.com/forum/forging-101/

#6 STEClash96, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  7. Hazza

Hazza Ancient

I agree with HITMAN. I've played on this exact map before and I know for definate that you didn't create it. It is stated on the rules here at forgehub not to steal maps. Your lucky because I have no proof as it has not been posted on Forgehub before.

I'm sorry but I might have to inquire this with a mod.

EDIT: It says 'created 8.08.2008' on your file share page - so I know its not made by you.

8. charliezulublue

charliezulublue Ancient

Looks ok il dl

9. drak

drak Ancient

haha, first he rates his own thread, then he rates it on BNET by himself, then etc etc he gets friends to rate it

also, it doesnt mean he didnt make it if its that date....not that I dont doubt it, its called placing a spawn point, and then saving it under your name.....not implying anything though :p

10. The killinghalo

The killinghalo Ancient

You may get banned for stealing this map no offence. You may have spent time perfecting the original map garbage man or whatever it was called, but then at least give that author credit or something. Saying "i know it looks messy but its just for fun" doesnt cover up the fact you did basically nothing with this map. Y not just remake it, you said it yourself it is messy, get downloads by making neat, then putting it on with all honesty

11. crazyzebu

crazyzebu Ancient

This is not very original, there are many other maps that are extremely similar. I sorta like these kinds of maps though, even if they are a bit retarded. It might be cooler if it was set up for infection...

Not impressed
    2/5

not worth playing, not worth downloading...

12. Shade9595

Shade9595 Ancient

dude you cant claim this map! it been made like 100 times and is not original. you can get banned for stuff like that! read the rules, duh!

13. the persister2

the persister2 Ancient

I seen this sort of maps a million times and it looks nice, but it *ucks, everybody will just hide behind a pile of thrown in objects, so annoying...
    I will only like these maps when the objects go out of the way and the humans have no cover.

14. Mace

Mace Old Tyme

i can tell this isnt mad from scratch
    i played on this map a moth ago, the design and placemnt is just way to similar
    i have no proof therfore no acusation but cmon dont spam the forums with really really unorigional mpas, or do but have some origional element that changes ameplaydramaticaly

15. Chipsinabox

Chipsinabox Ancient

Map theft is dishonorable to ForgeHub.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.