The things you miss from Halo 3

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Talons013, Jan 18, 2011.

1. ncrocks

ncrocks Forerunner

Non-fixed objects in forge. AKA, how you can make switches. There were so many ways to make switches. I even belonged to a community of switch makers, which died when Reach came out.
    BR... 3 shot>1 shot
    Flood, epic campaign, glitches, guardian.
    Did I mention BR?

2. Berb

Berb Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I'm forging some gametypes and I realized out of everything, I miss the SMG and VIP he most...

3. Chipsinabox

Chipsinabox Ancient

Lets hope Halo: Anniversary will tackle some of these missing features.

Oh, and:

The Flood.
    Mauler.
    No fall damage.

4. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

I miss out-BRing everyone on my friend's list...

5. artifact123

artifact123 Forerunner

I miss Maulers and SMGs since they worked very good in Infection. Shotguns and ARs are just overpowered.

6. Hat

Hat Guest

I've seen all those maps, except for sandbox, remade in reach. I miss sandbox...

7. El FlyingCondor

El FlyingCondor Forerunner

While I do miss things like the Brute Shot and the Mauler, I miss a few other things.

While there were certain limits, I miss not having pre-made structures; things like the bunker and Ascension tower. I always felt that it made forgers have to think and be creative about how they make certain buildings for certain purposes, and gave them more freedom with shaping. But not necessarily all bigger, resource-saving objects.

Also, I miss the older kind of Big Team Battle. In contrast to the old way, in my eyes, BTB maps just seem so vehicle-oriented, to the point that it's harder to get much done either on-foot or without having power weapons like the Sniper or Rocket Launcher. I always remember in Sandtrap, where the best you had to work with for team movement was either the Warthog, or the Prowler(or of course, the ever-slow Elephant).

And slightly off-topic: from Halo 2, I would also appreciate a Headlong remake, but more importantly to me, I'd love a Waterworks remake; it was always so huge and dark, so I could never really go around enough to appreciate it.

8. The_Omnigamer

The_Omnigamer Ancient

I personally miss dual-wielding in general. Team Duals in Halo 3 was always a favorite gametype of mine.

As for Forge, I love alot of the improvements in Reach, however I do with that they would add more forge features to other maps aside from Forge World. In H3, you had Sandbox, Foundry, as well as Bungie allowed more forging ability in other maps aside from the actual "forge" maps. In Reach, it seems like the only actual forging you can do is in Forge World.

Also, why can we only place 2 different lights when in H3 you could place 4? That makes me sad as well.

9. Frozenlynx

Frozenlynx Forerunner

The Mauler was friggin' awesome...I also miss the Hornet, which was way cooler than the Falcon IMO. I've yet to see anyone take a Falcon seriously since most people don't know how pilot effectively and give their gunners sight lines..maybe if they didn't strip the nade launchers off of em people would actually have some respect. I digress..

10. GsRREAPERxFS

GsRREAPERxFS Forerunner

Forge i items from maps foundry and sandtrap, i miss those pallets and blocks from sandtrap

11. artifact123

artifact123 Forerunner

SMGs, Carbines, Fire Bombs, Flood, Dual Wielding, Maulers, Flamethrowers, VIP, Better options for Infection, Arbiters, Elephants, A need to be at least 12 year old to even get a kill, Chopper, being able to Forge decent Maps on small standard Maps, Scenery on all Maps and not just on the Small Maps like in Reach, Melee Bleedtrough, Hornets, Cool Maps, Epic Campaign(Actually something from all past Halo
    Games except Reach), Custom Games being played often, different Gaming spirit(More Casual than Competitive) and much more.

12. 4shot

4shot Bloodgulch

Halo 3 wasn't a very good game at all. The only way you could possibly miss anything from it is if it was your first Halo game. Halo 2 and CE, however, were absolutely amazing. I could list something from those games without having second thoughts.

13. Chan

Chan Forerunner

I may have said this already, but I miss Construct.

14. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

/opinion

If you have nothing to contribute to this thread, then don't post at all.
    (spam post)

On topic:

I really miss the Pit...

15. Belly391

Belly391 Ancient

i miss sandtrap and valhalla. 8 man team for BTB with friends on your team in warthogs... ahh. those were the days.

16. Dratical

Dratical Forerunner

I miss all of the weapons and game abilities that were removed. SMG, Equipment, Active Camo that didn't fade, flamethrower, etc.

As for the reticule bloom, that's the best IMO. It separates the observant from the careless, so those who actually read manuals and understand the game itself, have a higher chance of winning.

Believe it or not, most people don't even know that the enlargement of their cross hairs causes their accuracy to diminish.

17. MockKnizzle008

MockKnizzle008 Ancient

Dual wielding, man... dual wielding.

18. Zombievillan

Zombievillan Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Dual wielding for sure, but I will take it even further back to H2, dual wielding Needlers!

They actually werent all that, but if you could dual wield the current Needlers, that would be the best power weapon.

19. Xun

Xun The Joker

BXR, BXB... :p

I miss the Battle Rifle. DMR is ok, but BR had that special something about it. SWAT was borne of it, so thats indicative enough of its awesomeness.

20. iVandal

iVandal Forerunner

I miss great map packs, the BR, and dual wielding.