The Swings v.2!

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by Mikey, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Codexx

Codexx Ancient

Re: The Swings Version 2!!!

Still, it's essentially the same map, nothing new exact a million foot fall beneath the platforms. Great and all, but it has nothng original about it. Any on of us could have done it.

Would be nice to have some acknowledgment from Cottage though.

2. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

In my opinion, that means Mike should get even more recognition. In a community where most of us are too busy with our own maps to even download someone else's, Mike took an existing map and improved it. He had to start from scratch on Rat's Nest to perfect the idea. To me, that shows that he did it because he enjoyed the previous version and wanted to make it even better. He did it for the love of the game, not for accolades or praise.

Mike, I salute you!

3. Lone Deity

Lone Deity Ancient

AGH!!

This is totally weird. I was thinking of the same idea, probably to do it today. But good job for beating me to it!

4. ROC bioflame

ROC bioflame Ancient

I looks teh pwnzor

5. Fbu

Fbu Ancient

Was the assassination thing really an issue? I think it was probably the only fun thing for the humans. Now all the humans get to do is sit there, they don't have to move at all, and wait to get killed. Meh.

6. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

very good idea...its just making a good idea better....1 thing tho...from the pictures, it looks like a well placed jump or brute shot jump could get u over the wall...is that real or just the pics?

7. Rejecting You

Rejecting You Ancient

My Halo 3 disc has been snapped for the past week and a half. How do you think I feel?

8. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

its called glue....duuuhhh ;D

9. Mikey

Mikey Guest

okay guys, furious is right

I did this to improve an already fun as heck game, i did not do it for fame or fortune or whatever

i was actually scared while kaizen and i was making the map that alot of ppl would flame me

i was thinking about asking cottage

last night, i sent a friend request to cottage, whenever he gets on and accepts i will send him a message about what i did and have him come play version two with me and explain to him i just recreated to make an awesome minigame even better

ppl are thinking i made this just to ruin cottage's map

NO! im not

and ppl who think version 1 is funner; thats great, then dont download this map if you dont want to, go play version1

I think both versions are equal :)

In answer to Insane54's question, yes the zombie can get over the wall by running and jumping or going on the grav lift while going toward the wall

but why would you do that? lol

the point of the barriers is so that while the zombie is busy killing humans, they wont accidently walk foward too much and die a horrible death

and finally, yes codexx, anyone of us could of done it

i just happened to be the one who thought of it first, and publish it to forge hub

heck, say it wasnt me who thought of it first, you never know

I know its not original, but where on forge hub does it say a map always has to be original? you see alot of remakes of halo 2 or halo CE maps

And I already have original maps, 6 to be exact, 3 of them are posted on forge hub

10. xCrosseyesx

xCrosseyesx Ancient

Honestly, I think it needs more complexity...

*takes many rockets in the face from various FH members*

NVM....

5starred.

11. Mikey

Mikey Guest

thnks crosseyes

and i didnt want to change it too much from the original i wanted to add a familiar feeling

12. xUM Cassgo 305

xUM Cassgo 305 Ancient

Great looking map, I am going to download it when ever i finish my homework and get on. For some reason making second versions of maps, turn out to be good. For instance xAoT diffuse's whole Tunnel Raid Series and the great man himself TrueDarkFusion's Hobo Heights.

13. Grif

Grif Na'vi Tits

I enjoyed the first version. It gave the humans a chance

14. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

At first i thought u were dumb for remaking this but then i actually looked at it instead of just blindly hating on it and i decided that you did a great job, i am going to DL it right now and comment for you.

15. scardypoopoo

scardypoopoo Ancient

I had one problem...That box on the far right...you were able to jump out of it and land where the zombies are...That was my only problem though

16. xUM Cassgo 305

xUM Cassgo 305 Ancient

tHE ORIGINAL GAVE THE HUMANS A CHANCE BUT IT WAS A VERY SLIM CHANCE. IT WAS POSSIBLE TO ASSINATE ZOMBIES BUT EXTREMELY DIFFICULT.

17. scardypoopoo

scardypoopoo Ancient

Well please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the idea. Kinda like the idea with Hobo heights

18. Killer678

Killer678 Ancient

19. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

^
    You're dumb.

___
    Good job on the map Mike-n-Ace. Are you going to update it and fix the part where the humans can get out or just leave it? Imo it doesnt matter that much...

Also, hit me up with a PM when you publish that Conquest map you were testing the other day so I can put it in the sticky.

Peace.

20. Mikey

Mikey Guest

we werent testing it it was done

its on my application

are you talking about reminence?

look it up on my app