The Streak-qualizer?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by sicksuit, Aug 10, 2011.

1. sicksuit

sicksuit Forerunner

'Sup, hubber-forgers?

So my brother and I have been using the term "The Streak-qualizer" since we played Counter Strike. Bear with me. I felt like ranting.

Maybe it's me. As a matter of fact, I'm sure it's me, but has anyone else ever suffered from "The Streak-qualizer"? A cruel mistress she be.

It's when you win maybe 6, 7, even 8 games in a row with an incredible KDR. Suddenly, you leave to use the restroom, or you go and get some grub, or you even take a break for a few days.. When you come back, BAM! Lose! Lose! Lose! Sometimes it's your fault, sometimes it's some AFK teammate. Who knows? All I know is I have terrible luck (ahem.. and skill) at reach.

My Streak-qualizer:
    Win - 31K, 5D; Win 20K, 2D; Win 15K, 1D; Win 8K, 0D, Win 24K, 2D
    Loss - 10K, 12D; 12K, 18D; 4K, 10D; 5K; 12D; 15K, 15D

Gaaaaahhhh.... Halo Lose Streaks send me to bed on an empty stomach.

2. Berb

Berb Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Wow holy you did pretty good before you started losing... 20 in 2? 15 in 1?!

Idk that's a really weird pattern there... How long was the break you took cuz thats a big difference in K/D and win/loss?

3. sicksuit

sicksuit Forerunner

Huge difference. I'd say about an hour or two. I guess I do terrible when I'm bored of the game. The 15 and 1 thing made me mad. Some camper got me on 14 with 30 seconds left.

4. Plasma Blades

Plasma Blades Ancient

I typically quit when I'm ahead. For example, this was my last game. I go back the next day and repeat.

That helps me keep my winning streaks.
    Game 1
    Game 2
    Game 3

Even if they aren't all in a row I can typically tell if I've peaked for the day. And, if things take a turn for the worse but I still want to play, I'll start up a customs lobby.

5. sicksuit

sicksuit Forerunner

Makes sense... But holy shiznit. I wish I could go positive 42. :surprise:mg:

6. Carter1234

Carter1234 Forerunner

This kind of thing happens to me as well. Usually you start off good, but once you get tired of playing you start to slack off. After noticing that, I usually take a break.

7. MockKnizzle008

MockKnizzle008 Ancient

I read the thread title as "Steak" -qualizer.

Sadly, the thread was not as epic as I imagined.

8. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I just win everything with an awesome k/d.
    Totally.

9. sicksuit

sicksuit Forerunner

That sounds like a gun that fires perfectly cooked steaks. MMMMM...

10. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

I think there is some science or something to this,

I've tried to work out why this happens to me I came to the conclusion that some kind "adrenaline" feeling makes all the difference to me anyway.
    Win a game, Thinking:Awesome, Do good and win next game AWESOME!! Im so pumped, Win a game and do good F YEA IM THE KING, Continue playing winning and kicking ass feeling awesome and extremely focused to stay awesome.
    (When I'm doing good and I focus to stay doing good i do things that may seem insignificant that I don't even notice I'm doing)

Take a break coming back excepting to stay the king and with no focus lost and slowly be demoralized because you think you should still be doing so much better then slowly get worse for trying things you could of done before going in a downward spiral.
    When been demoralized I subconsciously stop doing all the little insignificant things because I'm to annoyed and wanting to win.

11. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

The other day on Arena my three first games were as follows:

33-4
    25-4
    23-6

Which isn't bad. And then I decided to take a break, grab some food. Next three games:

12-12
    12-11
    9-10

I usually stop playing when I'm in the middle of a good winning streak now, makes me more confident next time I get on.