The Station

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Die Lawn Viva, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Die Lawn Viva

Die Lawn Viva Ancient

The Station
    Created by Die Lawn Viva

Supported Gametypes:
    -Team Slayer
    -Slayer
    -Swat

Map Description
    Battle it out with you friends in this abandoned train station! Created in foundry, this symmetrical map offers a great opportunity to have fun, intense slayer-based games. Fight in the inside of the train, under it on the tracks, on the platforms, in the parking lots, at the entrance, or even on top of the train! You can jump down to the tracks from the platforms or get to them through access tunnels from the parking lot. I have two varients of this map: one for slayer, complete with equipment and powerups and one for swat with the equipment and powerups taken out.

An overview of the 'yellow' side of the map, complete with the train in the center.
    [​IMG]

Cross the tracks or go through the train to get from platform to platform.
    [​IMG]

Enter the station through the abandoned ticket checkpoints.
    [​IMG]

Enter the train from the platforms.
    [​IMG]

Fight it out inside the train.
    [​IMG]

Drop down under the train and suprise your foes from the tracks!
    [​IMG]

Get to the tracks through access tunnels from the ground level.
    [​IMG]

Use grav lifts at each end of the tracks to get back up onto the train.
    [​IMG]

I hope you all enjoy this map, I would love to hear any feedback or suggestions for it!

Download The Station
    Download The Station SWAT Varient
    Download Team SWAT

2. gorebound

gorebound Ancient

Re: The Station: Fight it out in an abandoned train station!

I really like the looks of this, unfortunately my Live has gone through the craper so a review will have to wait. I'll come back with an updated opinion when I'm able.

3. Die Lawn Viva

Die Lawn Viva Ancient

Great I'm looking forward to hearing any reviews of The Station.

4. Kapura

Kapura Ancient

Holy crap that looks good. Can you crouch under the train? Also, downloading.

5. ShadowSnip3r RC

ShadowSnip3r RC Ancient

This looks like a definite S.W.A.T. map. I'd advise you to change your subject to just The Station instead of The Station: Fight it out in an abandoned train station! before a mod changes it for you. Nice work though.

6. Die Lawn Viva

Die Lawn Viva Ancient

Thanks for the advice, will do. Also, thanks for the positive feedback guys!

7. Mysterious D

Mysterious D Ancient

Nice idea, very original! It looks like you've put a lot of detail into this map, from the Ticket floors to the Train Doors (PUN'D!). I really like how well thought out this idea is, as I would've forgotten all about the ticket booths and such.

Nice first post, keep up the good work.

8. Die Lawn Viva

Die Lawn Viva Ancient

Well thanks, I find a lot of foundry maps I play are very cluttered or complicated. With this map, I had a simple idea in mind and tried to stick to it. There is no secret rooms or teleporters. No shield doors. I think it will play very competetivly and balanced. I'll try to get on MLG version done this week.

9. kidmonkey148

kidmonkey148 Ancient

I like the looks of this map. I look forward to the MLG version, great job =]

10. Die Lawn Viva

Die Lawn Viva Ancient

I'm glad everyone likes the looks of this. Be sure to show it some love on the bungie thread!

11. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

Looks very cool but i noitced in the shots that a lot of ur objects are very messy looking and not lined up u might want to straighten them up a bit, it will make it look even better. cool idea though.

12. gorebound

gorebound Ancient

Good job on the map. I really like the layout of this map, you've done a good job in creating a map that actually feels like what the creator is trying to depict, in this case a trainstation.

There's a couple of things you could improve on however. You should use interlocking more than you have done to smooth out things and make the map more aesthetically pleasing. You should also try to align boxes and walls, I'm pretty OCD about that kind of thing ;).

On the weaponry there's good news and there's bad news. The good news is that you've placed alot of weapons at the players disposal. The bad news is that you've placed alot of weapons at the players disposal. It makes the map feel cluttered at times when you're walking up to your knees in rifles and nades. But hey, I'm just being nitpicky.

I would really like to see that you remake this map in the future, because I really like the overall layout but as of know it isn't quite there. Keep up the good work and I hope we'll get to see more maps from you.

Peace // gorebound

13. StLouisRibs7734

StLouisRibs7734 Ancient

This reminds me of Well from TF2. (the map with a bunch of trains)

14. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

15. Grandmas House

Grandmas House Ancient

The outside of the train looks great.

16. Die Lawn Viva

Die Lawn Viva Ancient

Thanks for the feedback guys! I will try cleaning it up and possibly reducing the weapon clutter. As of now, I have 3 base power weapons: Sword, Shotty, and Sniper. (S cubed?) Does anyone have an opinion on if I should remove one of these, or remove some of the nades, BRs, and ARs?

17. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

I think the BR abundance is ok, but you could delete one on each side and it might be a little better. I don't specifically recall too many grenades, but I think people usually put more nades on the map than are necessary.

I definitely liked the layout of this map. After looking at the pics, I was not expecting much. I thought there'd be some boxes dividing two bases, but there is a lot more than that. You set up plenty of ways to move around the map vertically, so I like that. I also think that the ticket area or whatever was a nice touch.

The symmetry seems very good, the interlocking is nice, and I like the use of respawn areas in the CTF gametype (I didn't look at the others).

But why oh why do I have to start the game staring right at a fence wall?!? It's like the first feeling I get from the map when I load it up is a feeling of being restricted. Did you forget to move the starting points, or is there reason that you did that?

Overall it looks fun, and I'd like to play a game of multi-flag CTF here.

18. Yekkou

Yekkou Yellow, but with "kk"s

hey man nice work on this map it looks really well thought out. Ive tried making a train station before but failed horribly lol. Nice job on succeeding in what i failed at :D

19. ostemb0r

ostemb0r Ancient

great looking map, simple & effective, fun to play

20. Epic Tusk

Epic Tusk Ancient

I DL'ed this map man and my first thought was great another wall map, but the floor underneath the train was really cool. this will be a map I will keep man good job.