The Square

Discussion in 'WIP - Works In Progress' started by DeceitfulEcho, Jan 8, 2013.

1. DeceitfulEcho

DeceitfulEcho Promethean

Tired of boring old King of the Hill? How about adding a new variable into the equation? In this version of KOTH, the hill can freely float along, making it harder to capture! The stadium is set up to accomodate both Multi Team and RvB. Hilarity ensues as both bodies and weapons float around the map.
    A video here

and some pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 DeceitfulEcho, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  2. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Really cool idea. Although why not use a golf ball for the hill? It would probably move around a lot easier. It looks like gameplay gets a bit sour when the hill gets stuck in the corner.

3. ExTerrestr1al

ExTerrestr1al Promethean

nice idea... I had heard people were using objects as a hill. I agree a ball may be better, though. harder to get stuck.

may I ask... what is making things bounce/float?

4. theSpinCycle

theSpinCycle Halo Reach Era

This. Using a golf ball and sloping your walls up could solve the corner problem entirely.

5. DeceitfulEcho

DeceitfulEcho Promethean

The hill is meant to be defendable, you can get it out of the corner. So the conrner really isnt a problem, at least no complaints during games. Also the ball moves TOO easy, and you cant really get points. I tried that originally. Also the hill had to be much larger, which ended up being annoying.