The Rack on Tours

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by buddhacrane, Nov 2, 2008.

1. dontknowme42

dontknowme42 Ancient

LOL im stuck at 10 i think the soccer ball one with the bowling i must be really bad :p

2. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

The "Really Bad" is an extremely suitable clue as to how to get past that bit.

Puzzle 10 is one of those lovely puzzles where you know exactly what to do but have absolutely no friggin' clue how to do it, gotta love those!

3. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

You are a sadistic son of a ***** you know that?

I'm gonna solve this one, one way or the other.

4. LUKYSHOT

LUKYSHOT Ancient

ok im stuck in the soccer ball part. I think you have to put a bunch of
    turrets in the whole so it blocks it but it didnt work for me. Anybody
    figure it out or could i get a hint Buddha

5. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

As stated previously, the only hints I'm providing are the ones in the pics and hints section. I suggest you study the hint for that puzzle more closely, several clues are there. Bare in mind every single object in my puzzle map has a purpose.

I would just pay attention to the hint for that puzzle, rather than the picture. The picture was designed to mislead you, although that's the only picture where I've done that. Of course I did say the objects weren't used the way you'd think, so technically I'm just emphasising that with the pic.

I will help you further by telling you that your theory is wrong. There, that saves you some trouble. :)

6. Myztic

Myztic Ancient

This is one of my favourite'ist maps by you Buddha. I'm going to try a speed run soon. I love how this map is so clean, and neat. Great job.

7. xVoLx PaYnE

xVoLx PaYnE Ancient

On Puzzle #9, which portal do i shoot through to unblock it? I found the Special Recon weapon...if you know what i mean; is it the portal i came through, or the one i wish to exit?

8. TehForger

TehForger Ancient

THIIS MAP IS ****ING RIDICULOUS! im stuck on number 5 and been trying for 2 hours this makes no sense!

9. CLIFF X13

CLIFF X13 Ancient

Lol. While everyone is stuck on level 8 and 9, I'm stuck on level 1. I got all the materials, I think. Puzzle 10!!! That is genius, I know how to do it, but I just never seen it implanted in a puzzle. Great Map, now I just got to beat it.

10. That One Addict

That One Addict Ancient

Great Map Buddha. After finishing it yesterday I just did a speed run in just over 11 minutes.

That should tell people that the puzzles aren't that hard to do, but they are really hard to figure out.

11. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Except that things like Grav-hammer jumping and mancannons affect the player and other objects randomly. Pretty much just dumb luck for alot of these puzzles to work.

12. GMF Painkiller

GMF Painkiller Ancient

Not really I can do both every time you just have to find the sweet spot. There is a super efficient way to do them.

13. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

Nice, this finally gets releases. I have played this map about one week ago with DeathToll77 and I had to leave and I have only gotten to the clay shooting part. This looks like one of the hardest puzzle maps out there. I'll be sure to try and finish it :D. Great job.

14. gamewarrior0121

gamewarrior0121 Ancient

The Rack

# 3 is tricky for me, can't seem to have any luck with the "hidden object"

15. dontknowme42

dontknowme42 Ancient

Puzzle 3 - Ah a room with a view, shame that what you need cannot be seen. You'll want to dig for oil at the base of the pipeline, don't get too close though, them pipes be toxic! Oh and we dig with our feet around here. Do you remember the cigarette packet from Re on Carnation? (Hidden object)

can you hear the oil going through the pipes dig , and dig fast or you will suffer intoxication

16. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

So far I've done it in 8.30, so there's an initial time for you to beat.

Glad you appreciate the attempt at aesthetics in a puzzle map.

heh, is "Special Recon" a dig at my "Really Bad" clue? Naturally you shoot through the portal that has something to hit on the other side.

There are only two puzzles that revolve around an element of luck and those are puzzles 9 and 10 - 9 because of the random damage modifiers of collision detection against objects and the velocity and angles produced by multiple collisions, causing premeture explosions. And 10 because of a predetermined imaginary line that the ball rotates on, which affects the angle the ball will spin off to, depending on the direction the imaginary line is facing, which you have no control over.

Every other puzzle is a test of skill and there are ways to guarantee success everytime if your timing and accuracy are good enough.

17. Dthen

Dthen Ancient

Puzzle 3 makes me want to scream... I know what to do, but have no idea how to do it. How is a traffic cone meant to make me fall through the floor? o_O

18. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

Lol, it doesn't, it just helps point out the location for you. You gotta dig!

19. dontknowme42

dontknowme42 Ancient

I think your jump mazes are more challenging but you should like combine
    them into a jump thinking hard maze thing like a mix of the rack on carnation
    or something :p

20. SVV33T SAUC3

SVV33T SAUC3 Ancient

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :mad:
    I CANT EVEN BEAT THE FIRST PUZZLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :mad:
    AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THis map is interlocked and geomerged quite well. I just hate these kind of maps because I CAN NEVER BEAT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good job though, you stumped me.
    5/5