The Pit Remake

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by TocSiick, Sep 12, 2010.

1. TocSiick

TocSiick Ancient

The Pit Remake

Alright Hey Fellow Forgers!! excited for Halo Reach i see? well i am too!!!,,,so i have already drawn up all the extreme specifics for the good ol friend, The Pit and im all set...just waiting for sept. 14 to get started.

So after i took the time to construct the aspects of the map in Photoshop, got all the weapon times down and everything..my friends were thinking about a name...we were planning just to name it "The Pit" ... but I figured it would be cooler to name it something else... So i hopped on to a Thesaurus (That's NOT what she said" and looked up everything that was affiliated with the "PIT" and i wrote down some of the best, and worse, of the names... we cant decide SOoooooooo

IM GOING TO LET YOU GUYS DECIDE!! by Voting... You can vote for different names but please dont vote for ALL of them... ill announce the results at a later time when the map is near completion so SO Here we GO!! remember all u have to say is... EX. i like the ditch and the crater...and ill tally it up...ive already got sme votes here from a group of friends

Let see

[1] (THE) Ditch
    [1] (The) Crater
    [4] (The) Trench
    [0] (The) Hollow
    [0] (The) Cavity
    [1] (The) Depth
    [0] (The) Tomb
    [2] (The)Purgatory
    [2] (The) Vault

Which is the coolest sounding one from those? Vote Below!!!

#1 TocSiick, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  2. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Personally? I really think The Hole-in-the-Ground and The Purgatory should drop the "The" in their names, they sound pretty lame right now. With that said, The Gulf should only be used if any water is going to be even visible, if not that should be knocked off the list.

I would like to see a Pit remake named something to the likes of "Trench" or something without "the" in its name.

3. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

I would drop "The" and just name it Trench.

Or keep "the pit" cause I hate renaming remakes.

4. TocSiick

TocSiick Ancient

alright thanks ill keep that in mind...gulf just came out cus of the thesaurus haha...ima completely take out hole in the ground too..and purgatory is a good idea..thanks ill make those changes right now

5. xXTechCrowXx

xXTechCrowXx Ancient

I vote for "Trench" seems closes to pit

6. II6clique jxIxj

II6clique jxIxj Ancient

Someone already remade the pit and it is almost 100% dead accurate. Idk if you can top theirs, you can go ahead and try to. if you do I personally like 'trench" the best for its title

7. DMM White

DMM White Ancient

Well The Pit doesn't have a complicated layout and we've got a wide range of objects to use, so I wouldn't expect a remake to be anything but 100% dead accurate!

Have you got any screenshots of that map? I think I found the one you're talking about but the guy who made it has been banned and most of his files have been reported.

8. Korlash

Korlash Remember Isao
    Forge Critic Senior Member

This one right? since its the first one i saw after searching

here

9. DMM White

DMM White Ancient

Oh. I was expecting something a bit better than that. If it was in the Coliseum he could have built the walls right up to the roof. Actually, I don't see why he could have just built a roof over the quarry!

10. Oo iRoNy oO

Oo iRoNy oO Ancient

Well I go for Trench too. -.-

11. misterxboxnj

misterxboxnj Ancient

Third vote for Trench....the remake in the YouTube video above was pretty nice except he had the rockets in the middle of the map where the invisibility was rather than off to the side.

12. RehnX

RehnX Ancient

He made the MLG version, it was made by Suddoth 2, who is the definition of "H3 MLG Kid"

13. Xtermin8R645

Xtermin8R645 Ancient

I think Ditch is the best without THE.

14. Krazy Kumquat

Krazy Kumquat Ancient

I think something that starts with pit would be the best option. Something like Pitfall or Pity. I personally vote for Pitfall, because it has a similar meaning as Pit.

15. pyro

pyro The Joker

this.

16. duelle

duelle Forerunner

The Suddoth remake, aside from weapon placement, is different in some other ways. Most noticeably there is no upper spawn area in the bases and some distances are wrong meaning jumps possible in Halo 3 are not in his version (jumping from the middle to where maulers spawned in the corner opening).

17. II6clique jxIxj

II6clique jxIxj Ancient

Yeah, thats the one. Even though he made one I say go for it! His is pretty accurate but the more remakes we have, the better chance there is of a perfect remake. I personally love the pit, it was one of my favorite maps and if you can make a perfect remake for the community, that would be great!