The Pit (Halo 3 remake)

Discussion in 'WIP - Works In Progress' started by GodOfForge, Dec 23, 2012.

1. GodOfForge

GodOfForge Promethean

Here is my remake of The Pit. Both the standard and MLG variants are available on my fileshare. The video posted below is a little dated as I have made some minor adjustments since it was made. I included the ledges next to the sword ramps going down to overshield. I also changed the pieces to add the little ledges above sword entrance. Finally, I changed the weapon spawns of the MLG variant to the traditional drop spawns. The traditional version uses placement spawns for most items and infinity drops for power weapons and abilities. Rest assured, the traditional version has gun turrets. I've also swapped camo for damage boost. Both variants play TS and CTF gametypes.

Players: 2-8 for MLG variant. 2-10 for standard variant.
    Base map: Ravine
    Made by: GoD 0f FoRgE (the "0" in "0f" is a zero) Both variants can be found in my file share.

AMAZING Halo 4 Remake of "The Pit" Forged by: GoD 0F FoRgE - YouTube

#1 GodOfForge, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  2. Tycho

Tycho Forerunner

Every Pit remake I download I always say it's the new best thing. But this right here...I'm certain is the best Pit. The ONLY thing that looks a bit off is the Overshield area. The opening to the OS and the hallway looks a little too open.

3. GodOfForge

GodOfForge Promethean

Thanks for the kind words. When I went back and added the ledges I mentioned in my original post I also narrowed those openings as a result. I think the finished product is pretty true to the original in regards to gameplay and lines of sight.

4. nijt

nijt Promethean

Then this will be the first Pit I come across that has those ledges! Finally! Don't understand why everyone ignores them. Looks great overall.