The Pipe

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by cubs199235, Feb 19, 2008.

1. cubs199235

cubs199235 Ancient

The Pipe
    Created by Ostro 7
    [br]
    Supported Gametypes:
    This map supports the specific gametype I made, which is a quality infection map. Slayer is also supported on this map, but it not recommended, and isn’t all that fun.
    [br]
    The Pipe: You sure don't want to fall off!

One day, as me and my friend were running out of forge ideas, we were searching through Rat's Nest (being sick of foundry at the time) for any possible map ideas. Oddly, we both came across this pipe at the same time. Our first thought was to make a capture the flag variant, but that didn't work because of the problems we had with people falling off, so it became THE PIPE...

Working at a construction site one day, a worker notices an odd stench floating about the workplace. He soon realizes aliens have arrived, and because of the speed and jumping abilities of the aliens, his only chance to live is to retreat to the highest place possible, the pipe.

Humans begin the game and the pipe, while the zombies spawn on the floor. The Zombies have high speed, low health, and weak camo. Because of the color of the level, the camo is much more effective than weak camo should be. Anyway, stay on the pipe to survive. I can guarantee you that as soon as you fall off the pipe, you won't live more than a couple of seconds. Retreat to the far end of the pipe as a team, or work alone, the choice is yours. Either way, you won't survive.

This game is better than any other infection game becuase not only do I enjoy not being infected, of course, but it is also extremely fun to be the zombie. YOU MUST DOWLOAD THE PROPER GAMETYPE OTHERWISE THIS MAP IS USELESS. Recommended amount of players: as many as possible. The more the merrier!

[br]
    [br]
    But don’t fall off!
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    The alien crash landing
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    Construction Clutter 1
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    Construction Clutter 2
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    Construction Clutter 3
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    You aren’t always safe
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    If you’re off of the pipe, you’re toast
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    All in all, I love this particular infection map because it is fun to be the human, as well as the zombie. The map is well suited towards the gametype as the gametype is well suited for the map. I hope you all like it. Please leave feedback and constructive criticism.
    [br]
    Download The Pipe HERE
    Download the gametype: Pipes HERE
    [br]
    My other Maps:
    Rouen, France - Inspired by the COD 3 map, Rouen
    Turbine - An action packed, close quarters map located in an evacuated power plant
    The Battle of Crete - Dop from the sky and successfully perform your duties as a paratrooper
    The Pipe - You better not fall off! There are aliens down there!
    Anti-King - You sure don't want to be in this hill!

2. skatepimp21

skatepimp21 Ancient

3. Running Chron

Running Chron Ancient

What is this a damn cubs map pack... lol, no i like the ideal, and the whole bit about the construction workers, that made me laugh, it's funny because on your last map i said i would look forward to seeing more maps by you and what do i get, a new map on the next thread down, lol good job... ps. the kid that post below me doesn't know I'm his father so don't tell him!

4. cubs199235

cubs199235 Ancient

wierd, but thanks, i hope you like all of my maps

5. cubs199235

cubs199235 Ancient

please dont get this map confused with the pipes, this map is called THE PIPE, not THE PIPES, so Im just letting everyone know

6. Napster9801

Napster9801 Ancient

this map is far better than The Pipes anyway
    sadly, the gametype is even called Pipes. this could get confusing

7. cubs199235

cubs199235 Ancient

yeah, well they are two completely different maps. This is zombies on rats nest, while the other one is on foundry. Personally, I'm getting a little sick of foundry