The Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DrawingMan, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Matty

Matty Ancient

Violence makes baby Jesus cry.

I don't know wether to get this. I thought the multiplayer on the first was just a flawed concept, but i enjoyed the story for its brief entirety.

I might rent it for the story, like the first, the cinematic trailers are far superior to the actual game.

2. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

I got a copy on hold for me and im going in to get it tomorrow morning at 10:00. Im pretty excited, seeing as last week i thought i wouldnt be getting it till xmas.

3. DrawingMan

DrawingMan Ancient

And what in Tarnation makes you think ima let you do that? Toochie maybe you will kill, but good luck not getting torque'd in the ass by me while your having your way with her. That or you will be Starfired ;]

4. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Starfired??? NOOOoooooooooooooooooo!! Fine I'll just use Toochie as a meatshield and then we'll see what happens. Actually now that I think about it I'll just smoke tag you drawing, that is going to be humiliating. I don't need to use the biggest and baddest weapons in the game to take you out. You are going to need all the help you can get.

5. DrawingMan

DrawingMan Ancient

Pshh, yeah? you and what army?

Good luck trying to catch me with your little smokebomb
    *holds a and Roadie runs away*

..Btw, Smoke Grenades have a crazy knock you off your feet power now, also, dont forget about using Grenades as landmines :D

6. Matty

Matty Ancient

If you're half as bad as you are at Halo 3 then i wouldn't need to worry DrawingMan.

7. DrawingMan

DrawingMan Ancient

Im not bad at Halo..... :'(

besides, weve only played one game togheter, you got me on a day that I hadnt played halo on in a long time >:p

8. Matty

Matty Ancient

That was aimed towards Rusty :\ Dam that messed up.

9. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Matty who is it exactly that always ruins your multi-kills in Halo. Thought so, anyways Matty back in the day I was at least three times as good at Gears as I was at Halo.

10. Matty

Matty Ancient

And how exactly do you work out this ratio? Are there points involved?

11. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

You'd have to be good at both games to know. It isn't exactly a points system, you just know.

12. Matty

Matty Ancient

Oh dam, way to un-include the want-to-be-included guy..

So do you snipe just about 3 times as fast? or about 3 times more accurate, or do you get 3 times the kick out of it? Im lost.

13. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Sniping is slower yet faster and accurate but not precise. The more you play the more you get a feel for it. Also no-scopes are just more epic in gears.

Basically, three times the excitement and ownage. The blood and gore is nice, but teh round system is deceptive. At first you're like "oh great I died and now I have to wait to respawn" but then as you get better you appreciate map control. Plus when your teamates die the fear and excitement build up. Gears is a much more emotional game.

14. Matty

Matty Ancient

Wait dude. Have you played Halo with me?

15. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Oh yes I know. Trust me, if you get into gears you will yell three times as loud in frustration and excitement. Every kill is satisfactory.

16. DrawingMan

DrawingMan Ancient

Im a screamer when it comes to Gears, Rusty, tomorrow, epic Forgehub Gears party, be there or be square.

Also, with the new ghost cam and battle cam, you can see the battle a bit better, being dead isnt that boring anymore.

17. LOL zombie

LOL zombie Ancient

Gears two party? I might be able to get in early, my dad will probably have it all night though. This game is going to be epic. I'm going to the midnight release with my paps tonight.

18. DrawingMan

DrawingMan Ancient

No, Gears 1 party, were gonna kill time till midnight to make the day go by faster,

Chuck, Silencebroken, Deathycobra, halostriker, mealonX, Squidhands and I with a few random people had a freaking awesome time today, wish more FH members were in their though.

19. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

Hey Drawing I'll be there tomorrow if you care to let me in. I believe you are on my friends list, so see you on.

20. DrawingMan

DrawingMan Ancient

The party should be open just make yourself into the game when you can, if its full, ill boot a random guy or something