The Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DrawingMan, Oct 23, 2008.

1. X5

X5 Ancient

Haha, I never noticed that... I always thought It's Good to be King kinda made sense as Guardian you were kinda king, but now that you mention it... I think they are flawed.

2. Deathlycobra

Deathlycobra Ancient

Well of course leaders are flawed, they got a compass tracking wherever they go =/

3. Shatakai

Shatakai Ancient

The compass is to prevent hiding and long matches, and I think it was a good idea. I don't like the gametype too much, but they did it as well as I think they could've

4. X5

X5 Ancient

I like Guardian, but maybe that's due to my good ole Rainbow Six Vegas 2 days.... Forgot what their version of Guardian is called, but I think Epic could have styled it more like they did.

• You have 2 leaders
    • If you leader dies you can't respawn
    • Only the leader can see where the other team's leader is
    • If you get killed by the other team's leader, you can't respawn
    I felt like that worked very well in R6V2, and I think it would fit gears as well.

5. Jebus1001

Jebus1001 Ancient

I was scrolling through the achievements and I was wondering how to submit photos? I figured out how to take them (I think) but I never saw a way to "submit" them

6. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

go to the war journal [?] on the main menu, and select photos. highlight the photo you want and it should give you a command to upload it to GoW.com

i think its (Y).

7. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Mix up what maps you play on and it doesn't become repetitive. Each map has a different strategy and difficulty. For instance Day One is rather easy to defend against the horde. Ruins on the other hand becomes a challenge. Personally my favorite is Mansion. For me it has the perfect blend of cover and weapons for me to enjoy.

8. Bloumbas

Bloumbas Ancient

Horde is fun the first few times, but my friends play it all the time. I'm in love with public elimination matches; i find it so much more fun to play against real people who all use differant strategies and just feel smarter. Sometimes horde just makes me laught. One game on like level 48 on blood drive I think, we hid in the spawn room. Somehow a single sheild into the ground was able to keep out boomers, flamers, maulers, and butchers. It's just not realistic that way, and involves a lot of camping. i would personally rather be the predator then the pray, which is why I like elimination more. It's not much camping, and i run around like a mad man.

If anyone wants to play some elimination later then message me, my friends are all playing campaign and what not. I need to rank up, because I'm the same 2 bars as all tem; except I'm so much better then them. Basically when we win, I need to have like 14-15 kills.

9. Nobody Worthy

Nobody Worthy Ancient

*sigh* I'm sad faced that I had to return this game. But I should be getting it sometime soon.

10. Shatakai

Shatakai Ancient

Had you only rented it, Vorpal?

11. Nobody Worthy

Nobody Worthy Ancient

Yeah, I'm going to trade in my six other x-box games to have some money to buy Gears 2...

12. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

Nope, horde rules all, you guys suck, HORDE WINS!!!! HAHAHA!

yea horde iz sweet cuz you can kill them by waves and stuff

EDIT:
    and actually I think that campaign wins SO:

Nope, campaign rules all, you guys suck, CAMPAIGN WINS!!!! HAHAHA!

#372 Monolith, Nov 15, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  13. E93

E93 Guest

Almost done with campaign.

I'll probably start Act 5 tommorow, it's getting kinda late.

Is it just me, or was campaign 10 times better than Gears 1 campaign?

14. Nobody Worthy

Nobody Worthy Ancient

It is 10 times better than Gears of War 1 campaign... and much longer.

15. Vicious Vice

Vicious Vice Ghosts of Onyx

Tomorrow is Sunday would you like like to do TGIH (Tgank God its Horde Day) just everyone playing some horde together, on levels other than security.

16. Bloumbas

Bloumbas Ancient

Ruins is intense Vice.
    If I'm on, and it's open; I would love to play with you guys.

17. Tinginho

Tinginho Ancient

OO OO OO OO me too me too

I wanna do TGIH

Im good at horde and an exellent snippet

18. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

Alright I just played GoW2 at my friends house for about 5 hours. Heres my opinion on it.

First off the menu for me is complicated. It took a while for my Halo 3 simple-brain, to comprehend that complex one. Even trying to play co-op was complicated for me and him. And the matchmaking was confusing also.

Then it comes to the longest matchmaking load in any game I ever played. It seriously took us 20-30 just to get an extermination game (Or was it elimination, I forgot the title of it). Though while searching for horde it took around 5-10 so maybe it was the population of users playing it, but I think most people were playing extermination also.

We played like 5 minutes of campaign, well really because I wanted to train the rookie to get the collectible. But we got bored and quit. Campaign looked good though.

Well this is most likely my friends TV because its like 10 years old bu the Graphics were O.K. I didn't really see anything stand out that shocked me. But when I get the game and play it on an HD screen I'll see how it really is.

The game is still on my list to get, and is my top priority. Just was disappointed with some features and impressed with the others.

19. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

are you serious? the menu gave you trouble?

20. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Woah woah woah, you aren't allowed to be disappointed with gears, thats unheard of lol. The graphics are amazing, I'd say it's his TV. The menu can be semi confusing I guess, multiplayer>public>elimation>start match. Iuno, not much more than halo. The matchmaking is long because the servers are at capacity..something like 1.5 million people logged on to play gears online on launch. Also, this is a new matchmaking system, so give it time. Campaign is wicked, don't skip it.