The music reviewing thread.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Camel Carcass, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

Sorry to go out of sequence but that Pumpkins track deserves better. This album, as well as Siamese Dream, have stood up over time better than anything else to me. There has never been anything to compare Melon Collie to, then or now. This particular song is beautifully textured, with some great jams mixed in. 9.5/10

The Death from Above one rocks though. I wish there was a better recording of it. It's tight and fast... I like. 8/10.

YouTube - The Shins - Saint Simon

2. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

Reminds me of The Beatles, soft and very catchy. One thing I did dislike was the length and that's kind of why The Beatles had such a success their song were short catchy and just an orgasm in your ear. 7/10

Old song, still love it.
    YouTube - The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger (music video)

3. Huntar

Huntar Ancient

4. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

5. Meltyourtv

Meltyourtv Ancient

Yeah, nice bassline. Really catchy.

You might only know them by "3's & 7's", but this is WAY better IMO.

YouTube - Queens of The Stone Age - "Im Designer"

6. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

I absolutely hate the horrible video. But if you were to listen to the song alone it has a catchy retro feel to it. Its not bad and kind of remind me of a scene in a movie where a hot chick pops into the scene and all the guys are staring lol.

This song is a mix of blues, southern rock,and blue grass. Enjoy :]

YouTube - Stare Too Long - Corrosion of Conformity

7. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

The southern rock sound coming from CoC is different, and a bit softer from what I'm used to from them, but I don't know too much of their stuff. It sounds great thought, mostly. It's solid and bluesy as you said but I think the guitar solos are too overbearing. The whole thing would sound better if it was a little more chill. I know where they're coming from, but I prefer their other songs like Albatross. But overall very good.

Here's one from from David Gilmour's solo years (from Pink Floyd.) The volume's a bit soft.

YouTube - DAVID GILMOUR Murder

#127 Indie Anthias, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  8. Randle Scandal

Randle Scandal Ancient

The guitar sounds great in the beginning of the song. Very glassy sound, sounds absolutely beautiful. I think that David Gilmour's voice contrasts way too much with the sound of the guitar. It's too harsh. Once the song picks up, his voice seems to blend better. Gilmour has always been a good soloist though, everything always fits perfectly with the song rather than just seem like a bunch of muddled fast notes. Even with the intense distortion, it still fit wonderfully.

8/10

Also note, when listening to my song, ignore the video, it's a fan made video, and has nothing to do with the song, I just wanted to find a version that came off of the album, rather than a live version.

YouTube - Red and Purple by The Dodos

9. FreshLegend

FreshLegend Ancient

4/10. i guess its just i dont like the way the vocals mix with the acoustic guitar. i just dont think it sounds good. technical difficulties. cannot access youtube.

#129 FreshLegend, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  10. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

11. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

Im not sure how to classify it lol. It's trance ,rave,techno,and a bunch of sort of abstract genres in this song. I have mixed feelings about this type of music, like this would be great in a club but anywhere else I couldn't find myself listening to it. Its I would say only for a club scene and less of a contemperary ipod tune lol.

This is kind of a cool tune I came across good beat and solid vacals. Lyrics are meh lol.
    YouTube - Rock Kills Kid - "Paralyzed" Fearless Records

12. Randle Scandal

Randle Scandal Ancient

This one is not bad, I like the feel of it, has a solid beat, and the vocalists voice fits perfectly with the song. Post-punk is the **** for sure, and they are no exception, they do an excellent job of making a heavy beat song, with vocals flowing over the beats with perfect synchronization. The ending was a bit weak though.

8.5/10

YouTube - The Dodos - Jodi

13. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

Good band :] I haven't heard the Dodos in forever lol. What I like about the song is its full of energy and has hooks through out the entire song. You think you are going to hear a slow verse and he starts off slow and picks it up before he ends it. The vocals were interesting but at least understandable unlike screemo lol.

I like this song mostly for the crazy guitar solor 2 minutes into the soong its insane lol.
    YouTube - SCAR SYMMETRY - Morphogenesis

14. kill4overkill

kill4overkill Ancient

I've actually never heard that song before despite how much I like that genre. The guitar solo really isn't that amazing or anything but I like how it feels in the song. I liked the part after the solo. Thats a pretty good song. 8/10

What do you guys think of this?
    YouTube - All That Remains - This Calling

#134 kill4overkill, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  15. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

I like them over most hardcore bands because they don't have that emo look and skinny jean crap going on. Plus Phill rapes on this song so its not bad. I like the chorus the most in the song[non screamo parts] :] lol.

I live by my classics :]
    YouTube - The Mamas & The Papas: California Dreamin'

16. Camel Carcass

Camel Carcass Ancient

Very laid back, quite nice to listen to. I love listening to something old every so often and songs like that are the reason for it. Was a tiny bit dreary, but taking age into account, I suppose that's somewhat forgivable. 7/10.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    Suppose I should post a classic now. We'll get a 'thing' going.

Edit; sorry, not embedding, not sure why. Click and review regardless.

#136 Camel Carcass, Nov 4, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  17. ..::Brotherston!x

18. sourdauer

sourdauer Ancient

19. Hari

Hari Ancient

20. Camel Carcass

Camel Carcass Ancient

That was beautiful, Never heard of it, or the band for that matter, but I'm glad that I have now. I listened to that 3 times in the weekend, and I love it. Fantastic find, 9/10. I'm gonna iTunes that shiz. Cheers.

Not what I'd usually listen to, but found it in one of foley's 'tages, and it's really nice & laid back -
    YouTube- CHAMILLIONAIRE-GOOD MORNING