The Maze Map Pack

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Jwguy, May 31, 2008.

1. Jwguy

Jwguy Ancient

Hi, Jwguy here, new to ForgeHub, though slightly older to Forge. While I've made many maps, these two are the ones I've decided to share with you guys, today. They're designed to cause a little confusion, though in varying degrees.

The Maze:

The less cramped of the two labyrinths, the Maze contains large, breathable corridors, and even a Chopper and Ghost, and Halls that they can even roam, though few in all. Four Player bases are placed within the walls, only separated by thin strips of shield doors, allowing for fast paced Multi-team combat, should you opt for team slayer of that nature. Each Base is outfitted with small to medium arms, ensuring that each captive player has a fighting chance. There is also a "Upstairs" to the chaotic structure, whereas all four base teleporters link to the two entrances, containing many useful pieces of equipment, while a central teleporter sends players out into two separate areas, so not too much tele-fragging occurs. This map, as the predecessor, is easy to memorize, and if you aren't looking for the intense disorientation of a real maze, this will work for you. The "Minotaur", as well as normal Infection, Slayer, and Team Slayer gametypes are all supported. Cheating, to get out of the maze, will likely result in simply being trapped, so refrain from doing so~.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Download this map:
    http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=21532261
    Download "Minotaur":
    http://www.bungie.net/forums/posts.aspx?h3fileid=37412406

The Maze II:

The second maze is much different from it's predecessor. Within it's highly claustrophobic walls is an abnormal sense of direction, among other things. The first few corners might seem like you have been there before, but unlike the previous, mastering this maze and memorizing it means hours of play and concentration, actually taking the time to plot the course; Something you won't have in Slayer, Minotaur, Infection, or what have you. Shedding the need for an upstairs structure or four bases, the map maximizes corridor numbers and routes by about 20 more than it's first incarnation, while keeping it simple with only two starting points. As with before, both 'bases' have weaponry to help the new player, or freshly respawned at that, have somewhat of a fighting chance in the devilish structure before them. The Bases are somewhat more secure, this time, as well, offering a way out, but not in. Feel free to idle while your team dies! Scattered throughout the excess of steel, plastic, and concrete, are numerous, more powerful weapons, just like last time. The best of which are ranked so far: 1) Fuel Rod Gun, 2) Shotgun, 3) Sword. This data comes from the testers who survived~. Isn't that a treat~? While wandering about, trying to claw your way to a safe haven, you will soon find that there's nowhere to hide. Anyone can find you. Even the minotaur. And while the random concrete blocks provide a hurdle for everyone (Crouch-jump in minotaur), you will never have a guarantee of being safe. In "Minotaur", the structure is even more terrifying. Housing within it's very walls the beast, your motion sensor will be useless to all but the Alpha Zombie, charged with leading his team to away from, and to defeat the hammer-wielding, stone-skinned minotaur, lest they be trapped, forever. This maze is recommended for players looking for a challenge, maybe a little shock, and some definite maze chaos~. Please bring lots of friends, too! 5-16 players recommended.

Oh! And cheaters, beware~. Trying to get outside the map, as hard as it is, will only lead you to either suicide, or the jail, situated high above the maze. And easy target, or a boring existance~.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Good luck!

Download "The Maze II":
    http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=21532494
    Download "Minotaur":
    http://www.bungie.net/forums/posts.aspx?h3fileid=37412406

I hope you guys can forgive a new member ^^. Have fun~

2. LoN_Colossus

LoN_Colossus Ancient

Great first post, a new guy who read what they had to do before doing it is always welcome =)

Mazes look great, but the one issue I have with them: Grenade-Jump-Out-able?

3. SaNiiTy x

SaNiiTy x Ancient

someone who actually reads how to post. Good post and map,(if your going to make a V2 or just another map, try interlocking if you dont know how, learn here, and flip over the boxes to the flatter side. These will make your map smoother and look smarter.

4. vinco onmia

vinco onmia Ancient

Your post is mostly correct but is flawed because none of the pictures have subtitles that explain what they are, how they matter to the map, or why you should download this map. That, kind sir, is selling your map to the masses.

5. Fly

Fly Ancient

There are many places that could use some merging, but then again, if you think the gameplay is OK, then prove me wrong.

6. HumBoys

HumBoys Ancient

Please work on your interlocking... a lot.

7. Shatakai

Shatakai Ancient

yes, interlocking and flipping the boxes will make your map more aesthetically pleasing, but other than that the map looks fun and chaotic. although im not sure i like that teams could just camp in their base for the second map

8. texturedlemur

texturedlemur Ancient

The pics do not need captions. besides a picture is worth a 1000 words and do you really want a 1000 words below wach pic.

9. texturedlemur

texturedlemur Ancient

Read my sig. A good map does not need interlocking. Would you rather play a pretty map that has horrible game play or a ugly map that plays amazingly.

10. Pennywiez

Pennywiez Ancient

so what is this an actual maze or is it a fighting map?
    either way i give it a 4/5

11. Vladimir Neski

Vladimir Neski Ancient

looks really good but I have found that many of my friends and myself have a hard time playing these types of maps. Just alot of camping, rushing, and c0onfusion. But looks really good!

12. ZCT

ZCT Ancient

Looks cool.... I've had a similar idea for a maze for fighting/infection....

13. Jwguy

Jwguy Ancient

Hi!

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments and advice, guys ^^. It's really appreciated. On a list of things, I will concede and admit that these maps were made before I really even knew about interlocking, or at least, how to go about it ^^. I only found out how to do so a few days ago! But really, I had even forgotten about the flatter side of the boxes up until it was mentioned ^^.

Past those little kinks, I'll answer a couple of questions. Sorry for being so late!

First off, while in Minotaur, the second maze can be grenade-jumped, but you'll be damn pressed to try ^^. Given that both are made to be played in a gravity of 200%, something minotaur comes with, it's hard enough to get up on the walls normally in either. The first maze, given it's more lenient nature, is slightly different, and their is even some stairs to allow some suprises from above~. During the testing, however, this was not a problem, as those on top didn't stay there for long~.

The next question was about the camping on the second one, I believe? This is not to worry ^^. As hard as it is to get inside the player bases, especially if it's on 200% gravity, there are still many neutral respawns out in the maze, so you needn't worry as much about camping spawns.

Sadly enough, I'll concede that many players within the maze might often fall to the camping methods, or sometimes seem like such, what with the amount of stalking done in the map, but not to worry ^^, there are plenty of ways to take out campers, given the maze's make and way of build.

Also, sorry about the un-captionings of my pictures. I was pressed to make the thread quickly, given how early it was my time when I posted. I will work on that, after work ^^. Thanks everyone.

I encourage everyone to round up a few friends to play Minotaur~