The Master Chief Collection - Playlists Revealed

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by a Chunk, Oct 11, 2014.

By a Chunk on Oct 11, 2014 at 12:50 AM
  1. a Chunk

a Chunk Blockout Artist
    Forge Critic Wiki Contributor Senior Member

slide.png

Every weekday during the month of October, IGN will be revealing exclusive information about The Master Chief Collection. Just yesterday they released a comprehensive list of launch day multiplayer playlists. With 5 games being included in the package, the discussion of how best to satisfy everyone without diluting the population has been hotly debated and rarely agreed upon in the Halo community. Did your favorite playlist make the cut? Let's take a look.

Multi-Game Playlists
    Team Slayer
    Eliminate the enemy team across four Halo games: Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 2: Anniversary. Nothing but Team Slayer, 24/7. 4v4.​

Big Team Battle
    Battle it out in 16-player warfare with vehicles across Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 2: Anniversary. 8v8.

Team Hardcore
    A collection of tournament-approved game types from Halo 2 and Halo 3. The Battle Rifle is your primary weapon. 4v4.
    Halo 2: Anniversary Playlists
    Team Halo 2: Anniversary
    Play a mix of Team Slayer and objective game types on re-mastered maps. 4v4.

Halo 2: Anniversary Rumble
    Challenge seven other opponents on re-mastered maps. This is your fight and yours alone. 8-player Free-For-All.

Team Halo 2: Anniversary Social
    Play with a team in unranked Team Slayer and objective game types on re-mastered maps. 5v5.​

Halo: Combat Evolved Playlist
    Halo: Combat Evolved
    The game that started it all. Play a mix of Slayer and objective game types in Halo: Combat Evolved for the first time on Xbox Live. 4v4.​

Halo 2 (Classic) Playlist
    Halo 2 Classic
    It’s back. A mix of the most popular Team Slayer and objective game types from the original Halo 2. 4v4.​

Halo 3 Playlist
    Halo 3
    A selection of fan-favorite Team Slayer and objective game types from Halo 3. 4v4.​

Halo 4 Playlist
    Halo 4
    A mix of Team Slayer and objective game types from Halo 4, on a selection of small to medium-sized maps. 5v5.​

???
    Halo eSports
    The official Halo eSports playlist. 4v4.​

SWAT (Rotational)
    Aim for the head! A collection of SWAT game types on our favorite maps from Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 2: Anniversary. Players have no shields and are equipped with rifles. 4v4.​

Think you could do better? Let's hear it...
    Join the discussion in The Master Chief Collection Discussion Thread

#1 a Chunk, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
    WAR likes this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged
?

How does the playlist selection look to you?

1. I wanna marry it

20.0%
  2. Good

70.0%
  3. Bad

10.0%
  4. Ugly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Comments

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by a Chunk, Oct 11, 2014.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. cluckinho
      cluckinho
      Needs doubles but it's fine for launch
    2. Korlash
      Korlash
      I'm pretty much at the middle (though I voted "bad") about these playlists. They aren't bad enough to warrant not buying, but they could be better (such as more doubles playlists and maybe a multi-game FFA). And currently, I think the e-sports playlist is just a dumb idea when there's already team hardcore.

Plus, it would help to know if we are dealing with SMG starts for Halo 2 or ARs for Halo 3; stuff like that...

Generally speaking, I remain very optimistic, especially for positive changes post-launch
      WAR likes this.
    3. Purplehaybusa
      Purplehaybusa
      I wish there were more for CE, to be completely honest. But hey, it's still gonna be a blast regardless.
    4. a Chunk
      a Chunk
      They've said that Halo 2 will have a combination of BR and SMG starts. I imagine it will be SMG starts in the 4v4 playlist, and BR starts in BTB.

I'm relatively happy with the playlists. It's a million times better than the launch day playlists for Halo 4, and I'm pretty confident they'll update it in a timely manner.

I guess my main issue is that it's meant to be an ode to the original games, yet the playlists are weighted more towards H2A. I mean...I get WHY they're doing that, I just don't agree with it. I would remove the FFA and Social playlists from H2A, and remove the eSports playlist.

I think a good approach initially would be to focus on multi-game playlists. I would replace the ones mentioned above with a 2v2 playlist, an FFA playlist, and a Snipers playlist. Then, based upon voting information, I'd make adjustments from there, possibly shifting towards more game specific playlists.
    5. WAR
      WAR
      I would have liked a 2v2 playlist out of the gate as I feel that its a part of the core Halo gameplay experience. That said, I think they did a pretty good job trying to dedicate playlists to all player bases. I think they did a good job realizing that H4 is a 5v5 game and to exclude it from the 4v4 playlists: Team Hardcore and Team Slayer.
    6. coIdFUSI0N
      coIdFUSI0N
      Hardcore should be CE and Halo 2, not Halo 2 and Halo 3. I guess it would have to be dubs instead of 4v4 then though. Idc, HALO 2 CLASSIC!

I do like how they are mixing slayer and objective. I guess they learned something from all those MLG playlists.
    7. a Chunk
      a Chunk
      Bravo just released an update on Launch day playlists, which has some pretty significant changes from the original list.
      • Team Hardcore will initially be only Halo 2 Tournament gametypes, with Halo 3 gametypes to be added later
      • Halo CE will not have a launch playlist. When it debuts, it will be a 2v2 playlist.
      Specifics on all of the launch day playlists can be found HERE.
      theSpinCycle likes this.
    8. theSpinCycle
      theSpinCycle
      Ugh. The lack of CE at launch is lame. I imagine at launch it would have attracted a lot of people for the novelty of playing the first Halo game, and online at that.

:( At least it's coming.
    9. La Pistola
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.