The Mall

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by BlackHawk017, Jan 17, 2008.

1. BlackHawk017

BlackHawk017 Ancient

__________________________________________​
    "Bless this mess!"
    [​IMG]
    This thread may not reach "Forge Hub's Quality Standards" and may require clean up.
    __________________________________________​

The Mall

This is a Huge, 2 (technically 3? there is a higher level of the roof) story mall. Surely the biggest that can be built. It occupies just over 3/4 of Foundry's Main space. The Entrance is decorative. One look and you'll say "Dead Rising" or "Dawn of the Dead". It starts out similar, too. Provided you get my Gametype too. THE MALL IS VERY FLEXIBLE, MANY GAMETYPES OF INFECTION MAY BE PLAYED AT YOUR CHOOSING! FOR THE INFORMATION OF THIS POST, I'LL EXPLAIN USING MY GAMETYPE. Okay, so humans start with swords-so do zombies. Humans go 110 speed, zombies go 100. Humans must get to the gunstore for magnums. (after 30 seconds, Assualt rifles spawn) Assault rifles are not very good against the zombies however--like "real" zombies, shooting in the torso or ligaments will not suffice: You must get headshots!(after 45 seconds, Battle Rifles are in the gunshop...then smg's, then shotguns, then sniper rifles, and then a turret aimed at the entrance. Over a total period of 180 seconds) There is a 10 minute time limit. Zombies can make it over the malls walls...but with difficulty! (it was an accident at first, but i found that it became essential to the game!) zombies can basically spawn anywhere. (but not start thank goodness!) Most people would think the roof is the best place to be...it has a nice view on zombies...BUT THERE'S NO AMMO! You have to go to the gunstore for ammo. In the antique shop, there is some deployable cover, tripmines, a sword, and a gravity hammer (which is good for pushing zombies away from the door)....ALL OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION IS IN MY URL! I HAVE OVER 100 DOWNLOADS IN 4 DAYS! HONESTLY, MY MOST FUN INFECTION GAME!

2. Ragdoll

Ragdoll Ancient

Would it kill you to read the rules? I wish I could give you feedback, but I can't, at least not until you fix your post.

3. ShadowSnip3r RC

ShadowSnip3r RC Ancient

This map does not meet the required standards as to how to properly post your map. Please read the tacked guidelines so that you may correct your post. I'm sure your map is good so please do so. Thanks.

Your Post Rating: Hey, who turned off the light?

4. Grimz13

Grimz13 Ancient

people dun kno how to read. lolololz

5. Frozenghost001

Frozenghost001 Ancient

agreed. also, i would try out the map, but there was no URL link to it.

6. Roche178

Roche178 Ancient

Now you just wasted your time typing a giant wall of text.

7. El Leone

El Leone Ancient

Here's the link
    http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=16539020
    Ironically, His Bungie post has way more detail and pictures than his post here. Just copy it over and it'll be fine.

Quite interested in the concept, Will download to give some constructive criticism.

8. goldenknight508

goldenknight508 Ancient

9. El Leone

El Leone Ancient

Checked out your map, here is what I think:
    • Your use of structure is pretty good, although some aspects could be fixed with interlocking the items. (more space, make it look more presentable etc)
    • The zombies need more spawns
    • Some of the spawns inside of the mall need to moved outside of the mall ASAP. At the moment they can be easily mowed down by the turret you placed at the front of the mall.
    • Talking about the Turret, it needs to be either moved to give it some vulnerable area's or else some basic cover needs to be added for the zombies
    • One thing that stood out to me was the gun store. You had placed allot weapons close to each other. This means that people are automatically picking up the weapons around them, so people who arn't as fast will be left without anything.