(The) (Mall)

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by rkh artic fury, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

go to first page and then scroll to the bottom of your map post, before the first comment.

2. gobbles

gobbles Ancient

Go to the original post, click edit ( it's in the bottom right corner), then click go advanced (bottom right corner again), you will then see a bar showing the title of thread and you can change it there.

3. xxAl Capwnagexx

xxAl Capwnagexx Ancient

To be honest, the map looks average. No interlocking. Is your "elevator" just a bridge at a steep angle?

4. rkh artic fury

rkh artic fury Ancient

Thank you very much. i never realized i needed to click "go advanced" appreciate help, and sorry for original improper title.

5. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

Its cool man, people make mistakes :]

glad to help XD

Any other questions, just PM me

6. XxUndercoverBrothaxX

this is very well built good job

7. gobbles

gobbles Ancient

That is the escalator, which has a man cannon under it, the elevator is in another pic

8. Cato IV

Cato IV Ancient

This belongs in aesthetic IMO. THe map is based around the whole mall gimmick, not a competitive map that plays well.

9. rkh artic fury

rkh artic fury Ancient

sorry but you ar incorrect there is interlocking and the escalator has a mancannon hidden behind it causing u to slide up unexpectedly. it works flawlessly. next time please download before you maek assumptions.

edit
    oh and only 4 ppl downloaded it so you cant all possibly be making these assumption based on playing it.

#29 rkh artic fury, Jun 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  10. Kronos

Kronos Ancient

I don't think it deserves 5k plus downloads, it's not that great.
    Not horrible or anything, but not great.

11. rkh artic fury

rkh artic fury Ancient

wrong again, gameplay on this map is great, especially slayer and infection. Team slayer is good, because one team spawns by escalator and other spawns by elevator.

12. xMBMAxPureEvil

xMBMAxPureEvil Ancient

this is ok but the fact that its in a mall is cool but gameplay might be not that great just because mall maps are for games like COD4 and R6V2

13. Cato IV

Cato IV Ancient

I downloaded it a long time ago off bnet, so I'm not just going off pics.

14. eskychess

eskychess Ancient

wow this looks good is there more to the map than in the pics though cuz it looks like it is a little empty

15. xxAl Capwnagexx

xxAl Capwnagexx Ancient

No need to be so snappy. But the "escalator" idea...meh. Everyone makes assumptions...that's why pictures are required. Believe me, people can point out the things wrong with a map a lot of times based solely on pictures alone.

Also, I don't really see any outstanding (or even noticeable) interlocking

16. rkh artic fury

rkh artic fury Ancient

the only parts requiring it were in the stores walls to make sure they fit and to add in a twist. i fused fence walls into normal walls so you can shoot through. look at stores walls. plenty of interlocking there.

17. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

i still think that forgehub rules are weird but i guess it has to be and i like the map i think it would be great on any infection except fat kis "spit" lol.

18. dented_drum

dented_drum Ancient

Nothing pleases me more than to see this, and then to see the original post up to standards. It means that the people here at ForgeHub are being the members they should be.

Now, onto the map: I'm glad to see you're Forging, bro! I can't get an extremely good feel for how the map is shaed. I saw the Hog, but it didn't look like it could be drivent very far (issue of space). Am I wrong there?

Also, as you continue to Forge, checked out the Forging 101 on the front page. I go back there on a regular basis just to make sure I've not missed anything. It helps a lot, and you'll see yourself improve just by a few quick reads.

19. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

may i asked how you got that may dls?

20. rkh artic fury

rkh artic fury Ancient

Oh the space is not much of an issue, because the warthog is gauss and it can get a view of the top floor from certain angles and if you fall down low you are screwed. Also i made its platform just high enough that you can easily drive under it without and problems.