The Longest Yard

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by TexturedSun, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Matty

Matty Ancient

I played a 5 player game last night. It played very good. It supports FFA much better than team games.

The main thing i like about this map is that you have created a completely original style. There is nothing to say that you are even in Foundry when you play this map. Also you like to add small aesthetic touches, which is amazing.

2. TexturedSun

TexturedSun Ancient

Thanks for playing on it, Matty :)

I agree on the supporting of FFA games better than Team games, i simply added them in to give a little extra replay value and that extra 'option' ... and after all, its still decently playable.

Glad you liked/noticed the extra touches.

3. SwordScar

SwordScar Ancient

congratulations on being the winner of the first weekly awesomness, absolutey loved playing here!

4. peters23

peters23 Ancient

Alright... Just played it... Forged it... Looked at it... and heres my verdict.
    Mk pretty sound small map... with that being said its 6 people max. there are 3 different ways out of your map and one way of getting to a spot thats very hard die in. i.e. camping spot. The gallery walls have a space in between them but the bottom wall is a bit too high which makes it so you cannot shoot anyone on the floor in front of you. If you have questions about how i got out or wtf I'm talking about lol just send me a message Killer Midget36 and I'll show you :)

5. Tex

Tex Ancient

ooo this looks seeeeexy, i will give you a full opinion after i give it a forge-over. its qued already

6. MNM1245

MNM1245 Ancient

I saw your three maps in your sig. I loved Scatterbrian, and this looks just as good!

7. Mista Skittles

Mista Skittles Ancient

Definitely worth the download, Nice post too, I hate posting maps!

8. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

That interactive layout is very neat. The map also seems interesting, albeit a bit cluttered.

9. Tinginho

Tinginho Ancient

This seriously amazing.Very good use of interlocking.This is really cool.Andd according to the post it is inspiring.

10. TexturedSun

TexturedSun Ancient

i'm intrigued as to how this has made a comeback, but either way, i'm glad :)

Nemi: How do you feel its cluttered?

11. Matty

Matty Ancient

Its probably a little late to tell you this, and i apologise greatly for not telling you sooner, i forgot...

Me and Shock went through it, and you can get out of the map, very easily. There are 2 A/B signs in the central room, you can get on them and frag jump out of the map, very easily.

This can be solved by just interlocking a wall on each side, on top of the ones you already placed. It takes 2 minutes, and doesnt spoil the look.

I doubt you will update it for such a small thing, but its ok i was just imforming you,

You may have already fixed this i dont know..

12. Punkshorty

Punkshorty Ancient

very nice i will dl later

13. TexturedSun

TexturedSun Ancient

Yeah, i remember you telling me one time in Forge.

You're right though ... i probably won't update for such a small thing ... although i may get round to it at some point (though its not mega necessary, as if you were attempting it mid-game, there'd be a 75%+ chance of someone killing you :p )

14. LXV Grizzly

LXV Grizzly Ancient

wasnt this posted a while back, but good map

15. FreakyPenguin5

FreakyPenguin5 Ancient

look cool ill give it a try good work

16. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

I love the window in the pic about halfway down. I like the look of this map. Smaller maps seem to be making a surge as of late. This is another fine addition to them.

--dc

17. xMBMAxPureEvil

xMBMAxPureEvil Ancient

goood map nice job on the bunker