The Library

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Hadokenchild, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Hadokenchild

Hadokenchild Ancient

Bungie.net : Bungie Online : Halo 3 File Details

Based upon the legendary Halo CE level, this map plays remarkably well considering it's source material. Being that the original Library level was so open, it really doesn't lend itself well to multiplayer since it lacked cover. So I took the more common geometries found throughout the level and made it a bit more functional for multiplayer. Slide jumping is required to get to the top of the "legs" as the top half of the original Library's were also unwalkable. You may experience some lag around the man cannons due to a ridiculous amount of interlocking. I would have much rather used gravlifts but they just wouldn't work. And in case anyone is still wondering yes, this map is not only laughably over budget but also at the item limit. And now, onto the details.

Supported gametypes are:

Slayer, Team Slayer, 4 Team Slayer
    CTF Sinle/Multi
    Oddball up to 4 teams
    KOTH up to 4 teams
    Territories, Land Grab, Flag Rally, and Conquest
    Assault, Neutral, and 1 Bomb
    Infection

Weapons/Equipment/Power Up info:

Battle Rifle - 10 - 20 Sec. - 1 clip
    Shotgun - 1 - 150 Sec. - 0 clip
    Sniper Rifle - 150 Sec. - 0 clip
    SMG - 2 - 30 Sec. - 2 clips
    Spiker - 2 - 30 Sec. - 2 clips
    Magnum - 2 - 45 Sec. - 1 clip
    Plasma Pistol - 2 - 90 Sec.
    Plasma Rifle - 2 - 45 Sec.
    Needler - 2 - 60 Sec. - 1 clip
    Rocket Launcher - 1 - 150 Sec. - 0 clip
    Carbine - 2 - 90 Sec. - 1 clip
    Mauler - 1 - 150 Sec. - 0 clip
    Sentinel Beam - 1 - 150 Sec.

Frags - 6 - 10 Sec.
    Plasma - 6 - 10 Sec.

Overshield - 1 - 150 Sec.
    Active Camo - 1 - 150 Sec.

Power Drain - 1 - 180 Sec.
    Bubble Shield - 1 - 180 Sec.

Attackers Base Front
    [​IMG]

Attackers Base Back
    [​IMG]

Defenders Base Back
    [​IMG]

Defenders Base Top
    [​IMG]

3rd Team's Base Front
    [​IMG]

3rd Team's Base Back
    [​IMG]

4th Team's Base Back
    [​IMG]

4th Team's Base Top
    [​IMG]

Platform Underside
    [​IMG]

Rocket Spawn
    [​IMG]

Oversheild Spawn
    [​IMG]

Active Camo Spawn
    [​IMG]

Platform Top
    [​IMG]

Bubble Shield Spawn
    [​IMG]

Power Drain Spawn
    [​IMG]

I'd like to thank the following people for their contributions throughout the testing phases for The Library:

Adelyss
    Toxic Spade
    GeneralGuppieV2
    xRedNormandyx
    meGaThumbsss
    xPistolxWhipper
    benihana233
    ScrappyDoughnut
    Silly
    MASTER016
    ccREAPERcc
    SteinBox95
    Whispy
    DimmestBread
    f474l17 y z
    Phreakie

If I missed anyone my apologies, I really do appreciate the help.

#1 Hadokenchild, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  2. mastersync23

mastersync23 Ancient

This is EPIC! It looks and feels like The Library. Though it was my least favorite campaign level...but great job in replicating it! This looks quite fun to play on too. Great job! 4.5/5. Keep on Forging!

3. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

Never played Halo 1 b4 but it looks pretty good.

The platform pic is seriously sick, I bet KoTH would be chaos in there! Based on what I saw, only the platform seems to impress me. The other sections of the map just don't look as if the game play is interesting. Try changing some parts to make it more interesting.

Shouldn't this be in the competitive maps section?

4. Combat P3nguin

Combat P3nguin Ancient

omg how could you,ve never played halo 1 before lol

anyway this map is amazing im speachless my eys have water in them lol

interlocking and geo is great

4.9/5

5. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

Yes, this map does in fact look very great. Although I believe you have forgotten to post a link... the aesthetics are simply amazing. I like the different levels and the transitions between them. Looking forward to playing on it. 9/10 from pics. I'll let you know if my rating changes after playing.

6. Pennywiez

Pennywiez Ancient

oh wow that acutally looks like the library but your missing the index lol.

anyways i have already said the map looks really good so i will say that your map has really good interlocking and geomerging but im just questioning how the gameplay is going to work out with 2 floors on ctf. although on team slayer, FFA, and king it would be pretty fun with 2 floors.

finally in the end i give it a 4.5/5 and i will see how it plays and then it may earn its 5

7. SpartanIII

SpartanIII Ancient

I agree with ShaddoBlade, in all aspects but 1. I give it a 9.5/10 from just the pics. You have most excellently recreated one of my least favorite levels from Halo 1. Congrats! (that is not meant to sound sarcastic, I'm serious)

8. deathreaper

deathreaper Ancient

Looks like a really good replica of the library...I have so many memories of that place...I gotta go back and beat that on legendary...only Halo: CE level I can't beat. =D 9/10 from the pics and I'll dl when I can and my rating may change after I play.

9. Hadokenchild

Hadokenchild Ancient

LOL! Too funny :D

Finaly posted a link guys. Sorry 'bout that.

10. i am SeMpLe

i am SeMpLe Ancient

dude well done this map is epic platform is awesome!!!!

11. Hadokenchild

Hadokenchild Ancient

Early builds had a Plasma Sword for the index, but the weapon proved to be less useful with so many medium to long lines of sight.

Thanks man. If you go back and look at the actual Library level you'll notice that it is just a vast open space with the occasional tunnel.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    To circumvent this problem and make it playable I made it possible to go behind the "legs" around the map. Things could have been made differently if I had the objects available to do it. The center platform, legs, and angled halls were my intention, everything else was improvised to make the map work as best it can with what materials I had left. Let me tell you, working with just a handfull of walls with two bases to finish was a test of patience and the will to see it completed.
    Oh, I've also been getting suggestions to have this in the competitive section rather than aesthetics. I wasn't really sure which one I should have put it in since it's sorta both. If a mod deems it purposefulcould this be moved there?

12. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

nice- it sure does remind me of the Library- did you add the tunnels that run through the sides? i cant tell from the pics.

i do love the shields and teleporter decorations though, they add a very
    Forerunner-ish theme to the level
    so good job!

13. Kion FH

Kion FH Ancient

This is such a creative map! I can't even imagine all the work put in this. I havent really played the library but i can tell from other comments, this looks like it! You did a great job with the asthetics on this one! 5/5!

14. Ghost Zealot

Ghost Zealot Ancient

I dled this and me and my friend had some 1v1 matches here, and it played quite well! Although he assassinated me twice when i was goggling at the asthetics....not a bad thing. Great map!

15. fatalityz

fatalityz Ancient

I've tested and played this map quite a bit, and I must say the gameplay is definetely not boring. I'm an MLG person so i personally don't agree with the weapon set, and will probably help hadoken create an MLG set, but for all the forgehub ppl this set is probably perfect. In all the games I played I didnt notice any bad spawns.

My rating= 9.4/10 for v1

16. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

-Moved on request-

17. The Demons Den

The Demons Den Ancient

Wow that looks amazing man well done.

18. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

Even thought hat was my least favourite Halo: CE level, you pulled it off and pissed the hell out of me. As soon as I saw it I loved some of the aesthetics and I could tell what it was. Good job, I'll download and check it out ;)

19. LieutenantAshler

Just finished a Forge thru of the map. Absolutely Fantabulous! The Aesthetics were just... ...WOW! I noticed so many things straight from the original that it blew my mind. I did, regretably find two problems with the map, and both pertain to weapons. Firstly, none of the weapons have any runtime max. higher than placed on the map. for weapons like the Shotgun and Sniper, this amounts to zero reloads until the weapon leaves the map. Secondly, Power-weapon placement seemed unfair as on team recieves a Sniper and the other recieves a Shotgun almost immediately. Perhaps you could swap the needlers' positions w/ these two weapons(this wouldn't entirely remedy the problem, but it would help)?

20. G043R

G043R Ancient

Great job man... I just did a forge threw...and wonderful job.

IF you ever feel up to making anything else in Campaign send me a FR (G043R) I'm willing to help you in your endeavors...

We campaign makers have to stick together.