The Kitchen

Discussion in 'Reach Race Maps' started by adeckofcards77, Nov 29, 2011.

1. adeckofcards77

adeckofcards77 Ancient

Welcome, I'm adeckofcards77, and this is my map The Kitchen. It is a race map that takes place above the Hemorrhage canyon. It is centered around a large aesthetic kitchen table, thus the name. It took me probably about six hours to make. It include a very large 1.5 spiral and a roller-coaster styled u-turn. The only disappointment, to me, is that the large spiral is a bit too close together, cutting off part of your view.

[​IMG]

I'll try and get a video up this weekend.

-adeckofcards77

#1 adeckofcards77, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  2. thefightdude

thefightdude Forerunner

I saw this map earlier on the fast and the forge and I wasn't quite sure what the middle was. But thanks to your description I see it now. I think my favorite part in this would be the spiral made of glass covers. Also want to say the turns look like they put up a challenge and that is what race maps should be about. nice job.

3. Zigywig

Zigywig Forerunner

Compared to the rest of the track, the middle looks... odd, since it is an openly flat platform surrounded by smooth turns and banks. I saw what you were shooting for, and I don't want that to change, but it just sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the track. Other than that not bad, I'll have to give this a DL.

4. pyro

pyro The Joker

The majority of the track is stunning. The middle no so much. If it's as smooth as it looks this could be on par with some of Shaddoblade's race maps, assuming you do something to that middle section.

5. Minister Muffin

Minister Muffin Forerunner

Recently got a game on this. I'd give it about a 6.5 for 3 reasons.

1:Some of the turns were sharp. In fact, I wasn't the only one who had an issue with the turns. In fact, most of the people in my lobby did.

2: I do not like it at all when the game starts with no in-game warning. When we started off, many people , even though not myself, weren't ready. Maybe keeping the players in a confined area for a certain time would help out the map and make it more fair.

3: I agree with everyone else. The table just doesn't fit in. At least give a more aesthetic look to it. It seems like it was put together in less than an hour.

I'm not trying to be nit-picky, though. Other than those issues, you've got a smooth as hell race track, which was very long had many exciting factors to it. (That's what she said.)

6. adeckofcards77

adeckofcards77 Ancient

Thanks for the review. You're right, the table was constructed in about 15 minutes, but I just did it to add some flavor to the map. Also, I can't let is use up too many pieces because I need those for the track, but I really appreciate the feedback. Thanks.