Sandbox The Hunt on Dragons

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by Rifte, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

The hunt on dragons force players to cooperate in order to take down the dragon. Dragons are players in banshees and must kill the knights. The knights must get into a mongoose(horse), and with only a sword, kill the dragon! Everyone has only 1 life.
    Objective
    -Dragon:Kill all the knights by splattering them.
    -Knights:Kill the dragon with the sword; before it kills you.

Dragons

-Inflict no damage towards the enemy with plasma turrets or banshee bombs, can only deal damage by ramming them.
    -Can shoot banshee bombs(flame thrower) to knock the knights off the horses. Again they can only deal damage with splatters.
    -10% leech.
    -2x overshield

Humans

-Swords for weapons.
    -Normal shields and health.
    -Normal damage.

Honor rules

-NO SKYJACKING

Overview

[​IMG]
    Knight Spawn
    [​IMG]
    Dragon Spawn
    [​IMG]
    After 30 seconds, kill balls will spawn inside the bases to eliminate camping, so GET OUT quickly.
    [​IMG]

Action Shots
    Knight
    [​IMG]
    Double Kill!
    [​IMG]
    Aiyaa...
    [​IMG]
    DL LINKS
    Map-
    Dragon
    Gametype-The Hunt V4

Testers
    (Thanks so much)
    -F3AR F1SH
    -Mike 286
    -SpamRabbit
    -TERRAG 388
    -MGP97

Comment and rate please! If you have any questions regarding this map, feel free to comment

#1 Rifte, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited: May 25, 2009
  2. Manoukian1414

Manoukian1414 Ancient

Looks like a fun idea, I've never seen a type off game like this here on forgehub. I like the idea but the bases are a little messy and the cover in the center of the field is just all over the place, and it isn't very asthetically pleasing. I would suggest making a version 2 and fixing up some of the things I've mentioned, but thats just my opinion. Overall 4/5.

3. mastersync23

mastersync23 Ancient

Wow, this looks really fun. I quite like the concept, and the actual map looks pretty cool. The replay value seems pretty good, too. Good job! 8/10.

4. rewib65

rewib65 Ancient

i really like the concept, but i suggest making it a lot easier to kill the dragon, like the knights do a lot more damage, cuz its nearly impossible to kill a vehicle with just a sword.

5. SpamRabbit

SpamRabbit Ancient

Had so much fun testing this, and no it`s not because swords do so much damage, and banshees lose lots of health just bumping into things
    5 out of 5

6. spazmonkey92

spazmonkey92 Ancient

good idea but the weapon

u should either change the knight weapon or allow them 2 skyjack.

i suggest changing it to a plasma pistol or somthing with range

7. Gamer720

Gamer720 Ancient

I like the concept of this alot. One thing I didn't read, is can you kill the banshee with sword melee? Also, is there anything useful you can do on the back of the "horse"? I will download as soon as I clear up more space.

8. Urban Myth

Urban Myth Ancient

knight are suppose to have swords! but spazmonkey's gotta point tho.... btw i haaate honor rules no one ever listens. but you gotta great idea goin. 4/5

9. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

Okay, so knights on the back of the horses use the sword to slash at the dragon when it comes charging towards you, and it inflicts damage.

10. TrustierToaster

TrustierToaster Ancient

That doesn't make any sense... It would destroy the gametype's main purpose, you'd have understood if you actually...oh I don't know, PLAYED the game?
    Anyways, this is a very original map, definitely the first of its kind. My friend showed it to me earlier, and it is a win. I really wanna get the mythic maps soon, so I can play anytime I want. I know it's not great aesthetically, but it's really gameplay over looks in the end for me. Aesthetics aren't really the purpose and they don't get in the way anyways.I don't think there should be anymore cover, because I kept crashing into the walls and losing health... I even blew up sometimes(Shows how great I am with the banshee, huh?) Easy 5/5, easily improvable, V2?

11. F3AR F1SH

F3AR F1SH Ancient

yeah i remember this. lol such a fun map i love how we came up with the idea on my map just randomly running around with swords and mongooses then you got in a banshee. 5/5 cause i don't care what a map looks like just if its fun.

12. HLGmostwanted

HLGmostwanted Ancient

Looks like a good idea, this is very original and will be fun to play. I think, however you could make a better map(not saying that this one is bad) for in the future to maybe for an extra boost of entertainment. Just a suggestion

4/5

13. D4ni3l G

D4ni3l G Ancient

it's a good idea - it would take teamwork to take down a banshee with swords, although the honour rule would get a little annoying in big games and couldnt the banshee just shoot the knights? great idea though.

14. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

Well, I thank you for your post, but if you had actually READ what I said, I noted that banshees don't deal any damage with the banshee bombs or plasma turrets. It's annoying when people ask questions that have already been answered, because it forces them to bump the thread.

EDIT: Also, the honor rule, doesn't get in the way of big games at all. Because it's not something that you want to do on purpose, because it'll ruin the entire game, and you're on your mongoose most of the time anyways.

#14 Rifte, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  15. i_support_elites

Maybe the dragon should spawn in a cave in the sky(not sky bubble to high lolz) cause i cant see a flying dragon in a grounded cave, i just cant see it.
    nice map btw really cool.

16. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

I don't agree with this... what if the cave was underground lol? Anyways, I'm making a V2 in a bit, and the cave is going to look(somewhat) like a dragon, and it's gonna be supported above ground, so you CAN'T camp in it. But I'll still use the kill ball technique just in case.

e.g- If the guy was AFK.

17. Laxer

Laxer Ancient

Wow man, a great idea. I really like the whole theme of the game, knights v dragons. The flag on the base is very cool and also the kill balls spawning is a great way to eliminate camping. Amazing map 10/10