The Hollow

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by LIGHTSOUT225, Oct 23, 2009.

?

What do you think of this map?

1. Not my style

5.0%
  2. Okay

3.8%
  3. Average

2.5%
  4. Good

12.5%
  5. Great

76.3%
  1. LIGHTSOUT225

The Hollow
    Created by Urban Myth

Recommended Players: 4-10
    Recommended Gametypes: Conquest

I believe that officially qualifies as an understatement, sir. For what you've done is nothing short of magnificent.

For those of you who have yet to have the pleasure of rockin' out in the Crypt's rooftop, Conquest style, I suggest you skip all this mumbo jumbo and just hit the link down below. Its worth it. My feelings won't be hurt...much. For those lookin for a bit more substance, TO HEL-

Ok ok... Here goes ya greedy lil buggers. With the discovery of the new Ghost Merge glitch, comes a wealth of new possibilities with effectively a fraction of the effort. Urban Myth shows just how far down the rabbit hole goes, as he bends Sandbox's crypt to his every will. The end result? A very 'natural' environment, in every sense of the word. Varying rock formations and an eerie cave-like atmosphere provide us with a map fit to inspire forgers both new and seasoned. I believe I speak for everyone at Forge Hub when I say thanks for the map, Urban.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download The Hollow
    Download Conquest

Original FH Thread

If you have any thoughts on this article, or the front page in general, that you would like to share with us then we invite you to post your opinions in the Front Page Feedback thread.

#1 LIGHTSOUT225, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  2. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Congrats Urban!

Glad to see a conquest map getting featured, and this definitely deserves it.

3. Urban Myth

Urban Myth Ancient

Wow thanks for the feature guys! I hope that even more creative maps come out since ghost merging's discovery. I wasn't expecting this but I can definetely say that this has been my most succesful map to date and I want to thank you all for the support. Also, please fight for CIM(conquest in matchmaking). For all of the conquest lovers out there, please take this into consideration.

4. footballfan757

footballfan757 Ancient

FINALLY! I LOVE THIS MAP. I DL already and have played 10 plus games on it. This really deserved a feature. Congrats Urban. Hopefully another map of yours can be featured so we have a new premium. Congrats :)

5. ehand88

ehand88 Ancient

It was only a matter of time. When I first saw this in the forums I was very impressed and then after playing it I was even more impressed. Sure the no-clip glitch played a big role in this maps forging process but that's not to say that creating this map was an easy feat. This cave-like map is still smooth and complements the conquest gametype quite well. Congrats Urban.

6. Gunnergrunt

Gunnergrunt Ancient

Congrats Urban! The Hollows is now a staple at all my Conquest Customs (and for good reason). I have always loved this style of map and it only makes it better that it is for Conquest. Well you've already heard my words of praise several times. How about a picture instead?

[​IMG]

#6 Gunnergrunt, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  7. Xang

Xang Ancient

It really is a good map and really does have a different feel to it. I remember the day this map came out, lol I must have played it at least 20 times. Aestheticly wise its a 10, cant say the same about gameplay but overall i give it a 9.

8. aMoeba

aMoeba Ancient

The link to download the map leads to the FH thread... may want to fix that.

Otherwise, congratulations on the feature Urban. Its a good map.

9. LIGHTSOUT225

fixed before you even posted :)

10. The Bloody Beetroots

I saw this featured on XForgery also. Wow, you reall yimpresed the Halo community with this map man. I have to say bravo! I plan to build an infection map similar to the hollow but with different lenghts and on a extremely large scale. Congratualaions, and go kick some forge ass with a follow up conwuest map. Maybe an industrial the hollow, on foundry roof?

11. nuvnuv123

nuvnuv123 Ancient

I saw this map a while ago and it awed me. I think that this map truely deserves a feature because of its new use of geometry and the way it all adds up to look like a cave. Personally, it couldn't have been done any better than it already is. Congrats! I wish I could have downloaded but I cant because I have too many maps. =(

12. Lemons Reloaded

Lemons Reloaded Ancient

Well it's about freaking time! I gotta say though, this is the awesome-est Conquest map ever! The geometry and atmosphere of the map is absolutely amazing! I'm just glad this finally got featured! Congrats Urban Myth!!!

13. Chron

Chron Ancient

I had a feeling this map would be featured when I first saw it. The map is one of the most original conquest maps out there right now and it it certainly deserving of this feature. Congrats Urban Myth.

14. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

When I saw the map, I knew it would be featured.
    Of course, it did, or well, I wouldn't be posting this right now..
    Congrats :)

15. Decadence Night

Decadence Night Ancient

I am so glad this got featured. It's one of the only maps that made me go, "holy ****!"

16. Flameblad3

Flameblad3 Ancient

Wow. This definitely was worth the feature. Dl'd ages ago but I've never got a game on it, most of my friends are infectioners...

17. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

Congrats on a well-deserved feature, Urban.
    This is by far, in my opinion, the best looking Conquest map in ages.

Awesome write-up, LIGHTS. I wish I could write like that.

18. NinKeith

NinKeith Ancient

Finally I have been waiting for this feature, and it definitely deserves it. This is one of my favorite maps and I've had it on my HD since I firsts saw it in the forums.

Congratz on the feature.

19. Phenomenal

Phenomenal Ancient

One word: WOW. I love these kind of maps that make you feel as if your really in the game haha

20. Security

Security Ancient

I have seen so many cave maps like this, it's not even funny. This is by far the best one that I've ever seen. It's hard for me to like a conquest map but this does it. THis map really deserves the feature and I'm happy to see it here.