The Halo: Reach Firefight Challenge!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Reach Gametypes' started by AMALGAMATIQN, Nov 11, 2011.

1. AMALGAMATIQN

AMALGAMATIQN Forerunner

THE HALO: REACH FIREFIGHT CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!!!!

This is AMALGAMATIQN, and I'm here with not just any Firefight Gametype. No, this is the Halo: Reach Firefight Challenge. In this Firefight Gametype, only few shall rise (or, perhaps, none) to the top. This gametype, a root in Generator Defense, pits you and friends against the ruthless and merciless onslaughts of the Covenant military strike forces. In this raging battle between human and alien, the main objective is to secure the safety of your one Alpha Generator. Without it operating, there is no victory in sight for mankind. Picking from just three similar loadouts, can you conquer the challenge?

BACKSTORY

You and your allies are on a mission to keep the Alpha Generator up and running. The Generator itself, sitting in the once thriving, now desolate UNSC base, and used to keep power to a communications device between the base and several in-battle frigates, now has fallen prey to the attack of the Covenant. You are tasked in safeguarding the Alpha Generator until reinforcements arrive to pick it up. This task may seem easy on the surface, but there is a world of pain and hardship ahead if you cannot complete your mission. You are just a few humans surrounded by extremely powerful enemies, constantly growing stronger and stronger as the game progresses.

But, your superiors didn't just leave you on your own. Equipped with weapon drops, ammo crates, active camouflage and an increasing overshield over time, you could not be more confident in your completing of the objective. However, the radiation being emitted from the Alpha Generator is searing at your health, radar, and camo. After a certain time, the tables begin to turn towards the favor of the Covenant, who have keen and accurate skills and execution. As you go on, it is nearly impossible to conquer the adversity raging at you nonstop.

Gameplay

The action begins instantly, and there is never a break in it. You need to be on your toes the entire time. The three loadouts are:

Security
    Assault Rifle
    Magnum
    2x Frag Grenades
    Sprint

Infiltrator
    DMR
    Assault Rifle
    2x Frag Grenades
    Sprint

Medic
    DMR
    Magnum
    2x Frag Grenades
    Drop Shield

Competition

Can you conquer the Halo: Reach Firefight Challenge? Is it even possible?How long can YOU last?

In the comments section, post to me your score, time, and your perceived difficulty if you win. If not, feel free to tell me how tough it was.

If you are indeed victorious, give me a link to your video showing that you completed it, and you will be named the Halo: Reach Firefight ForgeHub-wide Champion! Failure, however, is rewarded with nothing, and you might as well just try again.

Rules to Compete

You must play on Courtyard on Heroic, with absolutely NO changing of the gametype options. If you commit fraud, I will know, due to the parameters of submitting your win.

Good luck to all, and please comment!

-AMALGAMATIQN

#1 AMALGAMATIQN, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

The red was completely disorienting and hurt my head, so I removed it.

This sounds like a fun challenge though. I'll download it and try it when I go back to Reach.

3. Frost Bite323

Frost Bite323 Forerunner

Do the loadouts have armor abilities, or are they all Sprint or the like?

EDIT: I'm all for Firefight games, they are my favorite gamemode. Looks interesting.

4. AMALGAMATIQN

AMALGAMATIQN Forerunner

Yes, all of the loadouts are equipped with Sprint. However, now that I think it through, I believe that I may add a loadout with a Drop Shield, because they are good with Generator Protection. Perhaps I'll just update the gametype and the download link to include this. Any thoughts?

And good luck trying to complete the HRFC!

5. Frost Bite323

Frost Bite323 Forerunner

I may just try this challenge. Must it be solo, or can we grab some friends?

6. AMALGAMATIQN

AMALGAMATIQN Forerunner

Feel free to have a couple of friends to tag along. This would not interfere with the challenge.

7. pyro

pyro The Joker

You know it would be really nice if you put the gametype settings in here. Your two sentence descriptions was just confusing and didn't say anything about the skulls or wave traits. It could be all hunters for all we know.

#7 pyro, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  8. AMALGAMATIQN

AMALGAMATIQN Forerunner

First of all, the gametype settings ARE in here. I have all of the details, from loadouts, to equipment, to objectives, to gameplay in its essence. This is NOT just some pointless gametype - it is intuitive, challenging, and fun, and I think that if you actually give it a download, then you'll actually understand why your previous comment was obsolete and offensive.

Come on. Take a shot at the Halo: Reach Firefight Challenge! A ton of people have liked it and played it already!

#8 AMALGAMATIQN, Nov 12, 2011
  9. Elite Warrior5

Elite Warrior5 Forerunner

Wow I made my own version of this since I can't download. I accidently played it on Corvette. I got 923 single player.

10. AMALGAMATIQN

AMALGAMATIQN Forerunner

Why can you not download it?

Secondly, there are a ton of specific details about the gametype itself, like all of the wave settings, Spartan settings, damage, Covenant settings, etc. If you can't download it and play it properly on Courtyard, you may not take part in the challenge.

Tell my why you couldn't download it, and I'll do my best to help you.

(But 923 is none too shabby! Good work!)

#10 AMALGAMATIQN, Nov 12, 2011
  11. IIIX MATT XIII

IIIX MATT XIII Forerunner

Wow, nice mate. I didn't know you'd posted anything yet. Good work on the gametype.

12. AMALGAMATIQN

AMALGAMATIQN Forerunner

Thanks, Matty. Looks like you've gotten back on Forge Hub. I think I've shown you and the team just about every other gametype I've posted on here, to tell you the truth. But if you wanted to download them by yourself, then this, Joust, both my invasion maps, Stalkers, and Extreme Headhunter are on here. As Wolfie would say: THANKS BUDDEH!

And I love your signature, by the way. Lol.

#12 AMALGAMATIQN, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  13. ryana1998

ryana1998 Forerunner

Hey, it says file not found, did you delete it off of your file share?

14. AMALGAMATIQN

AMALGAMATIQN Forerunner

Yes, I'm afraid. I usually take down stuff that people have stopped downloading after a couple of months in order to make room for new stuff. If you want, I can give you all of the parameters to make the gametype yourself and try it out.