The Globe

Discussion in 'Reach Casual Maps' started by MerryMisanthrope, Apr 20, 2011.

1. MerryMisanthrope

MerryMisanthrope Forerunner

The map is basically a small sphere, in which you have jetpacks and swords (or shotguns, depending on the gametype). It's a simple concept, so it doesn't require much description, however, it is a rather fun map.
    It has two specific gametypes for it, "The Sword Globe" and "The Shotgun Globe", either one is required to play the map. Links for the two gametypes are below:

The Sword Globe

The Shotgun Globe

Pictures of people playing The Globe:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 MerryMisanthrope, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  2. AboveHaloMaster

AboveHaloMaster Forerunner

Good map, but if I was u I would of map this map out of double windows, and added some lights and maybe some scenery outside the windows. But great job anyway.

p.s. if anyone uses this idea please say that u got the double window idea from me. Thanks.

#2 AboveHaloMaster, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  3. MerryMisanthrope

MerryMisanthrope Forerunner

Creating this map with Double Windows was my original plan, as well; however, this map is composed of 62 pieces, and since you can only have 50 Double Windows, it would be impossible to create this map with only Double Windows. Thankfully, I did this math before I started the map. If somebody was really intent on remaking this map with Double Windows they could make the horizontal band of the sphere with Two by Two Flats, and everything else of the sphere with Double Windows; they would have exactly enough Double Windows because the horizontal band is composed of 12 pieces.

4. timmypanic

timmypanic Forerunner

Hello! After making a ball myself, i can really appreciate the work you have done on this ball. You have forged it perfectly.

Also there are a number of modded maps out , i have many now and one has over 100 windows....alhough you would have to edit anothers map. But it is now possible . Nice work