The Gate

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Solid Bop, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Reynbow

Reynbow Ancient
    Banned Senior Member

2/5​

You know how to merge which is a good start. I like the little wall/ridge kinda thing poking up from each base. That's a nice touch to the bases. Also the bases themselves look pretty decent.
    Apart from that however it just looks like a pile of stuff thrown around the map. To me it seems like you made the two bases, then that connecting wall and thought you had had enough of this interlocking crap and just chucked the rest around the map to fill it up.
    Maps take time and this one looks like it was done in a couple hours... Sorry, I'm harsh...

#21 Reynbow, May 18, 2008
    Last edited: May 18, 2008
  2. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

This is a pretty hefty necropost. >_O

3. Supreme321

Supreme321 Ancient

I learned a lot about forging from those videos you should know, so belive them.

4. Solid Bop

Solid Bop Ancient

hmm reynbow this map was defenitly not made in a few hours, i spend like a week on this one, and i almost interlocked everything so i didnt rushed or get bored of interlocking on that or something. yes it has some random stuff for cover but thats because i used sort of a junkyard theme here. sure i could have made some other things instead of the stuff lying around but if i used boxes or something else it would become to full imo, i wanted to have the map some overview from the bases so thats why i used things like crates etc. so you could take cover behind it but it could also be blown away. sure if i had this map completly done in my mind then i could build it allot faster then i did now (thats maybe why it looks like you could make it in a few hours) but i always start making a map and just see where the ship ends without having a full idea of how its going to be when i start.

5. Esquisofrenic

Esquisofrenic Ancient

this looks awsome. it seems like itll be good for team swat.and i like how the middle gate thing, thats an extremely nice add

6. Supreme321

Supreme321 Ancient

Thwe map is good but, this is a map hwere I have heard comments of it being messy and thrown around - items other than the gate,
    What I think he did was nuild the gate realy well and not buiold the rest of the map well atall 3/5- he could make a V2 of this map realy easilt and that's what I think he should do.

7. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

ive always liked your maps solid.. ive been dling them since early youtube. lol this 1 is great and prolly my fave of yours. keep forgig.

8. Solid Bop

Solid Bop Ancient

thanks blaze814 nice to hear that.

i still disagree that the map is messy though, the gate and the buildings are interlocked good enough. only thing that may looks like its messy are the items i used for cover there are 2 piles of junk for cover (junkyard theme remember), if that makes the whole map looks messy then i dont really get it. also the dumpsters in the alleys, they may look random but if you actually play the map you will see that you will be using them allot for cover, sur ei could have used other things like walls or something for cover here but i think that wouldnt looked nice at all. its always the same, if i didnt used the items ppl would say its to open, then if you do use them ppl say its messy. and personaly i liked it when those cover pieces go all kaboom when they get blown up, adds something to the chaotic gameplay this map has, but thats just my opinion though. but then again everybody has his own ideas of how a map should be i guess.

#28 Solid Bop, Jun 7, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  9. artsavesyou

artsavesyou Ancient

I would try this if I had control over the Xbox, it looks interesting

10. TKS x MoNsTeR x

TKS x MoNsTeR x Ancient

thae gate part looks pretty kool

11. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

-_-
    I love how you don't pay attention.

12. Saint Prodigy

Saint Prodigy Ancient

wow really nice map dude. i saw your video on youtube and i thought this was a really cool map. it has a very original feel to it. i also like how you did the shield door rooms. nice idea.

13. Scopulus

Scopulus Ancient

wait, you made this? Oh sweet! I dl'ed this the on bungie whenever it was first posted and I loved it. Glad ya finally put it on here. btw, gameplay is great on this except my friend kept camping near overshield lol. Make it like 180 respawn. other than that 9/20 you rock.

EDIT: sorry, I didn't realize you posted this in march lol. That would explain lotsa things.