The Gate

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Solid Bop, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Solid Bop

Solid Bop Ancient

download The Gate

Recommended Gametypes: Team Slayer, Capture the Flag, Assault, FFA
    Recommended Players: 2-8

Map Description:

I used the money glitch on this map and also interlocked pretty much everything.
    The map has a Red and a Blue Base with between them a big gate that devides the map
    in 2 area's. Around the base and the 2 areas lays a couple of alleys so you can
    walk around the map, that creates multiple ways to reach each base.
    Both teams start in the alley behind their base and can so choose different ways to
    aproach the enemy. Each side of the map has the same weapons for balanced play,
    only the rocket launcher and the energysword can be find in the middle so you will have
    to fight for it to get them. The map has a bit of an Junkyard theme and you can find plenty
    of stuff to take cover. thanks to this theme the trash that normally lies around
    in foundry fits in perfectly. I tried to make a map with a good layout and trying to make
    it look nice aswell.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
    Overview seen from bluebase looking at redbase. both bases are the same but in opesit position.

[​IMG]
    looking at Bluebase. You got a good view from the room with the windowpanels and a BR Rifle is located there. but watch out there is a Fusion coil in there aswell. so a nade or a rocket can mess you up in here.

[​IMG]
    another look at redbase in full view. behind it is an alley where red team starts.

[​IMG]
    destoy the pallet and you will find a small path that leads to the alley behind the base, you will have to crouch and this is also the place where the shot gun is (same at other base) the path right next to it will also lead to the same alley. you can also find the vershield here, at the other base the active camo will be here.

[​IMG]
    The sword will spawn 3 minutes after the game has started on top of the gate.

[​IMG]
    You will find the rocket launcher in the middle of the map underneath the gate. get it fast before the enemy does, but watch your step because there are 2 fusion coils right next to it. so wait till its safe to get, you dont want to find your brains laying 20 feet away from what they once called "you" or whats left of it..

[​IMG]
    pile of junk that provides some cover and a hiding spot. a rocket or a grenade can mess up your cover.

[​IMG]
    A shield building, you can get on top of it by jumping on the wire spool. with a well placed nade or rocket you can blow up this wire spool to prevent your enemy having a good overview spot for a short time. Also on top of this building you will find the Covenant Carbine

[​IMG]
    Another overview seen fromt he side.

[​IMG]
    The alley behind Redbase, also looks the same as the alley behind blue base.

[​IMG]
    Alley behind the shield building, leads to alley behind bluebase, or go right to come to the middle part where the gate is. this alley is also on the other side of the map.

Weapons:

Assault Rifle
    Battle Rifle
    SMG
    Rocket Launcher
    Shotgun
    Bruteshot
    Covenant Carbine
    Plasma Rifle
    Energy Sword
    Needler
    Spiker

Frag Grenade
    Plasma Grenade
    Spike Grenade

Power Ups & Deployable tools:

Overshield
    Active Camo
    Bubble Shield
    Power Drain

2. LIGHTSOUT225

looks great! ill give it a go and get back to ya with some suggestions in the near future

3. Solid Bop

Solid Bop Ancient

that would be nice, thanks

4. Paralyzed King

Paralyzed King Ancient

I like what I see so far, I'll give it a download and check it out further.

5. deepmonkey paw

deepmonkey paw Ancient

Well you definately succeeded in making a very alluring map in my opinion. The screenshots show off the aesthetic prowlice of this map quite nicely. I am gonna que it up for DL even tho my Xbox is broken just to make sure I don't miss it. Only problem I really see from the pics is the fact that the sword seems almost impossible to get successfully.
    [​IMG]Ninja Monkey vanish* POOF!

6. Solid Bop

Solid Bop Ancient

thanks! hehe the sword aint so hard to get, you can jump on top of gate from both bases and walk to the middle, not that hard, oh and goodluck fixing your xbox

7. deepmonkey paw

deepmonkey paw Ancient

I didn't really mean it looks hard to get to physically, just looks hard to get to unnoticed. =]

8. jfpyro7

jfpyro7 Ancient

how do u interlock items?

message me please

9. Solid Bop

Solid Bop Ancient

oh hehe :D but hey.. things shouldnt be to easy huh? :D

jfpyro7: look at the "Forging 101" section on the site

10. LIGHTSOUT225

check out the Forging 101 section, you can learn how to interlock as well as other advanced forging techniques

11. Ocean Man

Ocean Man Ancient

looks pretty nice, i'll download to take a closer look.

12. RunTime83

RunTime83 Ancient

Looks pretty cool. Will download it and check it out.

13. Solid Bop

Solid Bop Ancient

thanks, let me know what you think of it after playing it.

14. Mr BUBBLES456

Mr BUBBLES456 Ancient

Nice Map

great map dude

15. LXV Grizzly

LXV Grizzly Ancient

hehe?... ok... well as for the map it looks pretty good, i like the layout a lot reminds me of junkyard on r6v2 for some reason, idk why, but looks nice, btw, is there any stairs in the back?

16. x DARK BL4DE x

x DARK BL4DE x Ancient

This is one heck of a map. I will Queue for download in a sec. I will get back to you in around 10 minutes to tell you what I think

17. desert rat 852

desert rat 852 Ancient

its about time you posted this one, Solid. After i looked at your file share for Rouge, I dL this just cause it sounded cool. Great map 5/5

18. DRiSCOLL

DRiSCOLL Ancient

looks really neat and cool, i can c why its calles the gate, the interlocking is ver detailed good job

19. a-groeper

a-groeper Ancient

The best thing that this map has going for it is the destroyable cover and power item "snares". I don't know if you blocked off the base areas from the default foundry, but if you didn't, it would be a good idea to do so.

20. GoodWhaleSushi

GoodWhaleSushi Ancient

Looks great, but I think having the Overshield/Active Camo next to the Shotties is a bad idea.