The Future of Gaming

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Plan B, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Plan B

Plan B Ancient

2. Willmatic

Willmatic Ancient

Yeah I can see this being used regulary as a table and when someone wants to play a game, just clear the table then boom right into it. Sounds pretty neat but looks complicated at first.

3. Berkgina

Berkgina Ancient

that was a really cool vid and yea definatly only in the futur nothing near the now

4. Plan B

Plan B Ancient

how so? isnt it all motion sensing?

well couldnt be too far, we already have touch screen technology and have for awhile now. Maybe the software for it?

5. DRiSCOLL

DRiSCOLL Ancient

We might have this sooner then you think. In this thread it seems that a lot of you haven't heard of Microsoft Surface. Its a real life replica of the table shown in the vid. I'm sure once the price lowers the RTS games will be flowing in. The one thing I didn't like about the game shown was that it was turn based. I'm sure we have the tecnology to create it in real time and use multi-touch.

Below is a video for the Microsoft surface.
    YouTube - Microsoft Surface - The Possibilities

6. mavrick145

mavrick145 Ancient

i'd like to play warcraftIII on a table. it'd make you look like a genreal planning out a map a battle.....

7. BASED GOD

BASED GOD Ancient
    Banned

Can we just take a step back and ask why? This is pointless expensive technology that will never be feasible.

Gaming in the future looks ****. Microsoft eyetoy and Sony waggle, just great. Enjoy splitscreen where everyone is jumping around and someone gets hurt. Milo is a chatbot with pre-rendered cinematics.

8. Transactionzero

Transactionzero Ancient

Microsoft Surface is only $12,500.00 at this point in time and only available for commercial applications. Which means only businesses will be using Microsoft Surface. In the eyes of a business we have to look at what is practical and positive. I can totally see in the eyes of a regular consumer saying the technology is expensive, because it is expensive for a consumer. However, to say it is "pointless expensive technology that will never be feasible." You are incorrect. This technology available for commercial applications is relevant and is feasible, because I can purchase Microsoft Surface right now. There are many applications for this table.

I can see that some of the applications that they showed on the video may be outlandish and just a way to market the table. However, all are in the realm of possibility.

9. Thorax tehGREAT

Thorax tehGREAT Ancient

That looks awesome can't wait to play or have my children play on that. Imagine C&C or Warcraft that would be amazing.

10. Telrad

Telrad Ancient

I can't imagine how they'd do that since they'd need hotkeys to make it anywhere near as fluid.

11. A big fat rat

A big fat rat Ancient

the ruse and the microsoft surface look great!but it would be ages from now before the were put into personal use like for a replacment of an old games console.

12. Dreaddraco2

Dreaddraco2 Ancient

A table-based touch screen?
    That's a waste of time.

If you integrate 3D Holography with the General 'Touch-Screen' Idea, you can get a 3D holographic touch screen. Touch screens are VERY sensitive and can easily break, it's a lot harder too break a 3D Holographic Touch Screen.

13. abandoned heretic

give me a contoller over that its just to advqnced qnd complicated qnd yet to limited to the uses q controller can be programmed to do many different things things like this are rather limited to whqt you can do with it.

14. BASED GOD

BASED GOD Ancient
    Banned

You can do the same thing with a mouse.

15. Plan B

Plan B Ancient

hey this reminds of that thing in Iron Man where hes creating his new armor. Anybody remember that?

But that Microsoft Surface looks cool. Unless you have pronz on your zune and its spammed all over the table lol.

16. P3P5I

P3P5I Ancient

You can do the same thing with a pencil. You can do the same thing with a rock. There, we should stay in the stone age, forever. It's not the microsoft surface that's the big deal Hotpokkaminny, it's the doors it opens in technology and the new routes we can take from that.

I'm going to think past the microsoft surface, and think about advanced virtual reality. I know this won't exist in our lifetime (maybe), but it doesn't hurt to ponder. Think about a video game system you control when you go to sleep, where you actually feel like you are in the action. Where you can play any video game you can imagine, vividly. And be able to control every movement and remember everything that happened. Kinda like the matrix. And with that, I think I'll stop there.

17. Plan B

Plan B Ancient

wouldnt it hurt to be shot and die and stuff?
    I ve heard this kind of thing before with my friends, i think its way in the future.
    i like games the way they are now.